Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #721
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
HEY....I WON something!

A $25 Starbucks giftcard. We had a staff meeting/lunch today with door prizes. Cool eh? (got to get excited about the little things, 'cause there ain't nothing BIG going on)

congrats, enjoy it
Old 02-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #722
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
HEY....I WON something!

A $25 Starbucks giftcard. We had a staff meeting/lunch today with door prizes. Cool eh? (got to get excited about the little things, 'cause there ain't nothing BIG going on)

It's the little pleasures that make day to day life supportable.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #723
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
HEY....I WON something!

Congrats!!!!!!

I Love You
Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #724
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight.

HEY...IN SEVEN MONTHS I'LL BE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!
.....me and some friends....
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #725
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight.

HEY...IN SEVEN MONTHS I'LL BE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!
.....me and some friends....

I'm glad you adding that ... otherwise, I might have had to go against my nature and say something verging on rude.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #726
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I'm glad you adding that ... otherwise, I might have had to go against my nature and say something verging on rude.
You? NEVER!

You know, this dumb furlough we are doing isn't too painful when it's just one day per pay period. But when I think about the TOTAL take-home I'm out for the quarter....it's the same amount as my park hopper and dining plan. That's a PISSA!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #727
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Hi Kay! Nice to see you - you may remember I was also booked on the August Tortola cruise but switched to this one as it worked out better... Great to have you onboard...
Hi there,

Its good to see you on here. I remember you were on our cruise. I didn't realize you had switched to this one.

For us this works out better because the one thing I wanted to do was the Baths at Virgin Gorda and DCL has an age limit of 5 and up (although I know DD would cope as she is a little "rock monkey", DCL have to stick to their age limits). The $$$ savings also helps :-)

-Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #728
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Jan... We have 3 rooms Now and a total of 10 people.. Not sure if you want to add them to the list of cruisers..

6541.. 2 Adults, 1 child.. g.6
6538.. 2 Adults, 3 chidren.. g.15, g.13, b.12
6536.. 2 Adults.. (us)

38 & 36 are connecting door rooms so we will have one of their children sleeping in our room with us..
Good question. I am fine doing whatever everyone wants.

On our cruises we have had some people listed on page one who got DISer name tags, buttons or t-shirts but then when I approached them on the ship to introduce myself, they had no idea who I was or why I would want to meet them. Those who have chatted on the thread have a different connection.

I am not sure what to do about our kids. They are going on this cruise but not posting. When we cruised with them before we did not go to DISer gatherings, we did family things.

What have others experienced with DISer's friends?
Is being on page one a good idea or not?
What info shall we post?
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #729
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I've been thinking about formal night. Are any ladies going all out in long dresses? What about tuxes for the men? I'm not sure what to do this time. John hired a tux for the PC, but I think he won't want to bother this time with the extra costs of everything due to the exchange rate. I didn't wear a long dress and would have to buy one!
I pack a long skirt and a couple pretty blouses. Maybe a shawl or fancy jacket. Not a gown but not a street dress. Tom has never rented a tux since our wedding. He packs a dark sports coat and wears it with dark slacks for semi-formal and formal nights with a tie and white shirt.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #730
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
this sounds a bit like what is the issue with my DH too. He had a bit of a scare this week with a prolonged nose bleed. Ended up in the doctors office having it cauterized closed. Seems it might have been brought on from all the sprays he uses. Sadly his doc has asked for a CT scan, but at such a high cost $1.5K out of pocket(with no real vaule in itself) we have put it off. Our insurance is costly and doesn't cover much. We are in search of a cheaper place to get the scan, but from the sounds of it, I guess the resulting answer is surgery, which I'm sure he isn't going to be happy for.

Good luck for those also suffering with these nose/sinus issues.
How is Paul doing today?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #731
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
I LOVE sea days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Me too!
Me three!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
PJ's my friend

I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
We can always book a lot of smaller tables at the same time (basically) & then ask PJ if we can combine as many as possible into each table & tables next to each other. That's what we did for the tea on the PC cruise - I think it ended up being 16-17 people at 2 tables
That's why I stick with you... the more the merrier and I certainly enjoyed myself...

Quote:
Hey, I bet I can sweet talk PJ.
I'll have mom distract Sukie...

Quote:
HEY....I WON something!

Quote:
Nah... you and Nature???

Quote:
You? NEVER!

You know, this dumb furlough we are doing isn't too painful when it's just one day per pay period. But when I think about the TOTAL take-home I'm out for the quarter....it's the same amount as my park hopper and dining plan. That's a PISSA!
Miss Jackie... please watch your language... oh wait... you belong with us... never mind...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #732
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Hi everyone,

Just want to pop in and introduce ourselves as we have just jumped ship from the 8/15 Tortola to this one! We managed to save a few pennies and this date will work out better for us as DD will be 5 and we will have more options for excursions.

We are Kay, Neil, DS Arran (who will be 9 on the cruise) and DD Iona (who will turn 5 on 9/12/09).

We are currently on 2nd dining, but waitlisted for main. We will probably be spending a week in Kissimmee prior to the cruise - staying offsite in a vacation rental, but the fine details are yet to be worked out!

This is our second cruise on DCL.

We look forward to getting to know you all.

--Kay

p.s. certainly up for a FE Exchange if one is going on, the kids certainly loved it last time!

p.p.s Guess I need to update my sig - where can I find the graphic for this cruise?
Welcome aboard.

You are now included on page 1 post 1. Asterisk in front of your line means we know you are with us. Please double check to be sure I got it right. Check what others have shared and decide if you want more added.

Post photos here and I will move them into post 2 if you want.

Here is the thumbnail from my photobucket of the logo:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...uiselogo-1.jpg

Jan
Old 02-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #733
JLSE50

Anyone having trouble with Facebook today? I have not been able to sign in all evening and there are new pictures of Sophie on there. When I try, I get a stuck webpage window that stays white and when I try to close it I end up losing every webpage I have open--and I usually have a lot open at once.

Can you say ANNOYING ??
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #734
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
How is Paul doing today?
back to normal, thanks for asking.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #735
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Hi there,

Its good to see you on here. I remember you were on our cruise. I didn't realize you had switched to this one.

For us this works out better because the one thing I wanted to do was the Baths at Virgin Gorda and DCL has an age limit of 5 and up (although I know DD would cope as she is a little "rock monkey", DCL have to stick to their age limits). The $$$ savings also helps :-)

-Kay
Turned out the earlier cruise clashed with my DS's first serious set of public exam results (GCSEs) and he wanted to be home to receive them - bless! Sooo we switched our WDW trip to Easter and pushed the cruise into September. As he's back at school by then, it's become an adults-only anniversary cruise for DH and myself...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: