Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #706
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Man, I'm already wishing we had more sea days!

I LOVE sea days!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #707
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I LOVE sea days!

Me too!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #708
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I don't think on this one... She could be close to YOUR accomodations... she's sailing with Lady Monica on this journey...

At this point we have a cat 12 - hoping for an upgrade

Talk to Monica cause she knows how to get into Palo more times than we can count... right Monica?
PJ's my friend

DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #709
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Sea days are the best. I loved all the ones we had on the TA in '07.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #710
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
That's a very good idea.

We can also approach PJ on board and see what's possible.

Pity we can't book in a group tea.
We can always book a lot of smaller tables at the same time (basically) & then ask PJ if we can combine as many as possible into each table & tables next to each other. That's what we did for the tea on the PC cruise - I think it ended up being 16-17 people at 2 tables
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #711
KayR
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

Just want to pop in and introduce ourselves as we have just jumped ship from the 8/15 Tortola to this one! We managed to save a few pennies and this date will work out better for us as DD will be 5 and we will have more options for excursions.

We are Kay, Neil, DS Arran (who will be 9 on the cruise) and DD Iona (who will turn 5 on 9/12/09).

We are currently on 2nd dining, but waitlisted for main. We will probably be spending a week in Kissimmee prior to the cruise - staying offsite in a vacation rental, but the fine details are yet to be worked out!

This is our second cruise on DCL.

We look forward to getting to know you all.

--Kay

p.s. certainly up for a FE Exchange if one is going on, the kids certainly loved it last time!

p.p.s Guess I need to update my sig - where can I find the graphic for this cruise?

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #712
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Hi everyone,

Just want to pop in and introduce ourselves as we have just jumped ship from the 8/15 Tortola to this one! We managed to save a few pennies and this date will work out better for us as DD will be 5 and we will have more options for excursions.

We are Kay, Neil, DS Arran (who will be 9 on the cruise) and DD Iona (who will turn 5 on 9/12/09).

We are currently on 2nd dining, but waitlisted for main. We will probably be spending a week in Kissimmee prior to the cruise - staying offsite in a vacation rental, but the fine details are yet to be worked out!

--Kay

p.s. certainly up for a FE Exchange if one is going on, the kids certainly loved it last time!

p.p.s Guess I need to update my sig - where can I find the graphic for this cruise?

Hi and welcome. I'm Marilyn and it will be just me and my husband John, both wrinklies, though only on the outside!!

I think the cruise graphic is on Page 1, along with some other info. Not sure if a FE group has got going yet.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #713
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

--Kay

Welcome Kay and family!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #714
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Hi everyone,

--Kay

Hello and

There is always room for more Sailors Besides we are wayyy more fun then those other people..

I am Stacy, DH is Andy
We will be traveling with friends so our little personal group is at 10 people currently

Nice to meet you!!

I Love You
Old 02-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #715
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
My dearest Nanette. Have I not told you that you are indeed pleasing eye candy?
but you should know that eye candy is not a term that I long to hear...ear candy would suit me to a t(ea)....

Quote:
Why can't we get a group tea in the private room? I did say there would be an Edwardian Tea, didn't I? Although, I had no idea what that meant. Just that it sounded good.

Shall I start working on it?
listmaker

Quote:
I see you didn't object to being called eye candy.
your honor I object, I perfer the term ear candy, lord knows why but I'm sure it's something from my teenage years

Quote:
That's a very good idea.

We can also approach PJ on board and see what's possible.

Pity we can't book in a group tea.
love lumiere's...wonder if they would serve my favorite snowfall smoothie at lunch???? anyone here have one of those???? I plan on having breakie as often as I can their to enjoy such smoothies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
PJ's my friend

and I'm glad I'm your tagalong...
Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #716
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Hi everyone,

--Kay

Welcome!

I'm Jackie and we're doing a 'siblings' cruise to celebrate baby sister's 50th birthday. We're six adults in three cabins. I've also cruised with a bunch of folks on this voyage...on the WBPC last May.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #717
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
and I'm glad I'm your tagalong...
Hey, I bet I can sweet talk PJ.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #718
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I've been thinking about formal night. Are any ladies going all out in long dresses? What about tuxes for the men? I'm not sure what to do this time. John hired a tux for the PC, but I think he won't want to bother this time with the extra costs of everything due to the exchange rate. I didn't wear a long dress and would have to buy one!
I'm not really a long dress kinda gal so will probably wear a cocktail dress and some bling! If my diet and exercise regime continues to be successful, I might actually buy something new!!!

I doubt my DH will want to wear a tux - I think I'll persuade him to buy a cool new suit and he can wear that for formal, semi-formal and Palos. I'm already looking forward to that as he looks lovely in a suit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I'm thinking of booking Palo(or trying to) for Pirate night as I'm not too bothered about that.
We've already definitely decided to do that!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 02-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #719
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Hi everyone,

--Kay
Hi Kay! Nice to see you - you may remember I was also booked on the August Tortola cruise but switched to this one as it worked out better... Great to have you onboard...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #720
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

HEY....I WON something!

A $25 Starbucks giftcard. We had a staff meeting/lunch today with door prizes. Cool eh? (got to get excited about the little things, 'cause there ain't nothing BIG going on)

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: