Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #631
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
DH gave me Roses.. 3 Dozen..

He is so sweet.. I think i'll keep him..
Definately a keeper!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #632
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
you waited until today to post I see....chicken

one more thing on the list of "what I like about you"

Hey Woody I was missing you so I signed up and joined Monica as her roomie on this cruise...can't wait to see ya.

Speaking of around the Horn, Willie is working on a class project on the Transcontinental Railroad. He told me that it used to take 6 months by boat to get to the other side of the country back in the day, then the train cut that time down to a mere 7 days of travel. Doesn't 6 months sound too long by ship even back then???
IIIIIII posted on Sunday/Monday....YOU'RE LATE!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
Definately a keeper!!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #633
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I was living in London in 1991. I remember, a woman from a sandwich shop laying slices of whole grain bread down on top of the snow. She explained that the bread would soak up the snow and the grainy bits would provide traction.

OK, not one of the more conventional forms of snow removal, but I gave her full marks for creativity and ability to suspend reality.
That's fab!!! My friend scattered cat litter on her drive this morning in the absence of any alternative...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #634
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:

Awww that's lovely!!! What a sweetheart...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #635
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

They tell us to keep cat litter in our cars up here just in case we get stuck... for traction... (along with a blanket and flash light and snacks and water...) I just stay home....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #636
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
That's fab!!! My friend scattered cat litter on her drive this morning in the absence of any alternative...
Everyone knows that you put bags of cat litter in the boot, so you weigh down the rear for extra traction.

You should have suggested that your friend uses some Mr. Kiplings. I understand he makes exceeding good cakes.

(Do they even still have Mr Kipling over there?)

Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #637
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did exactly the same thing yesterday. DH went off to work and my car was parked on a sheet of ice. I needed to get out to the store so that was all I could come up with. Our stores have been out of salt/ice melt for weeks. Don't they know this is Pennsylvania?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #638
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
They tell us to keep cat litter in our cars up here just in case we get stuck... for traction... (along with a blanket and flash light and snacks and water...) I just stay home....

Don't forget the wide mouth empty peanut butter jar.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #639
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Yes, I did get somewhere. After that they were falling over themselves to accomodate Sukie. Although it completely ruined Castaway Cay for us and cut our day short.

It's also nice to see that they have made some changes as this photo that Michelle found shows:

Quote:
And doesn't that look like a nice NEW sign...
Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
What is a 'getarian'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Someone who eats whatever they can get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
ok that's me, I'm in, but no sushi, ok???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's me then!!!
Quote:
Then I might be a getarian.
Quote:
Nan, I'm not a sushi person.
thank you, thank you. I so rarely say something that so many people think is funny. You made my day.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #640
JLSE50

Quote:
Thanks for checking in. You will note an * in front of your name on post 1 which means we know you are still part of the Thread.

Sophie had a photo shoot on her 1 month-i-versary but did not smile. Her parents said she was quite concerned about the bright lights. They live in PA over 600 miles from us so we have not seen her since our Christmas-New Years week visit. My favorite photo from then is a whole face smile so I will post that. She was 2 weeks old.

Thanks for asking.
Jan
Quote:
That really is a whole face smile Jan!!
thank you

Quote:
Sophie is a real cutie!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Love the photo, proud Grandma!......
thank you

Quote:
Gorgeous picture and gorgeous name, Jan!!! My very precious DD is named Sophie and you couldn't meet a more fabulous gal...
thank you
(it means WISDOM and her mother thinks she is already thinking up sneaky things to do. I think she will weigh her words and actions and be a gentle, loving soul.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Oh Jan, your granddaughter is so beautiful
thank you

Quote:
It looks like both Sophie AND grandma are happy!!!

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariomonkey View Post
Thanks for posting the pic Jan!
thank you

We think she is a keeper.!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #641
JLSE50

Quote:
Well... today I am 36 years old..

DH left me a Birthday card on my nightstand, knowing last night I'd be home after midnight and it would be my birthday..
arty: HAPPY BIRTH SEASON

I believe in celebrating the Birth Season which lasts however long you want it to, at least until the roses die!

And I added your age to post 1 on page 1

Jan
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #642
Tink rules

Quote:
But I don't east peanut butter....

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #643
iankh

Quote:
Jan - you know, I sat staring at this for a few seconds, and then the light bulb went on.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #644
iankh

I took a little step closer to our plans for our May trip.

Thanks to Monica, last night I bought tickets for Universal Studios. Monica found an excellent price for a 7-day 2 park ticket, that might (or might not) be a limited offer.

On this upcoming trip, we're wanting it to be a bit different, and seeing as it's been about 15+ years since we've been to Universal, we though we'd give it a go.

In about 1.5 months I'll order the vouchers for our WDW APs.

Sort of nice change of pace to be in the throes of vacation planning.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #645
JLSE50

Quote:
But I don't east peanut butter....
I said EMPTY peanut butter jar ......
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: