Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #3691
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyInCitrus View Post
OMG - Other people watched Red Dwarf besides me?
Oh yes....

At least someone will under stand when DH does his Kryton impression! Schmmeee... Schemmeee... Schmmeee...ghead!

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #3692
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariomonkey View Post
hello friends, its been a long time, I find this thread a bit overwhelming

Anyway, finally feeling like the vacation will be here before I know it! 10 weeks away

The reason I am posting is this: I was wondering if anyone out there needs a snorkeling buddy?

I am pretty sure that we will be taking the ferry and a cab to cinnamon bay on St John (from St Thomas). I can't get my DH in the water and would prefer to have a buddy out there on the water with me. Sounds like the best snorkeling is around the little island off shore and I would feel better not being alone.

If anyone might be interested, them PM me. I am a just ok swimmer but LOVE to snorkel and hope to have a repeat performance of the amazing scenery I experienced at the Baths on Virgin Gorda. I actually think we will do the Baths again since they were so amazing but I snorkelled those on my own before (as a first timer) and felt completely safe and comfortable.

Let me know if anyone is interested. My DH will be on the beach reading and guarding the stuff.

We are probably going to the Baths (not with DCL). We will have our 2 rugrats with us and are hoping to get them to snorkel! Just have to find reasonably good snorkel gear for them!!! (And a large suitcase just for all that stuff)

St Thomas we are probably going to just do port related things, no big trips off to other islands for us that day. Sorry.

Do keep popping in and chatting. Don't get put off!

--Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #3693
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Bit of info for those of you doing WDW in conjunction with the cruise.

Beaches & Cream will now start service breakfast. It will be a counter service for those of you on the dining plan.

PEG TAKE NOTE!

Very good that it will be a counter service.

Peg - are you on the dining plan or want the dining plan? If so, you must share your desires with me.

Also the Boardwalk Bakery is very nice for a bit in the morning. Poor Spoodles .. gone ... no more breakfast.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #3694
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post

Peg - are you on the dining plan or want the dining plan? If so, you must share your desires with me.

Also the Boardwalk Bakery is very nice for a bit in the morning. Poor Spoodles .. gone ... no more breakfast.

I thought the place taking over from Spoodles was going to offer breakfast. Might not be as good of course though.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #3695
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I LOVE MY SISTER!

I've been invited to join Peg, Jose and the puppy dogs on a weekend getaway to 'beat the heat'! They've rented a 'cabin' in Prescott and we'll get to play with Cheri a bit over the weekent too!

It's supposed to hit 116 here this weekend......

Look at this darling place (hardly a 'cabin').

http://www.prescottcabinrentals.com/...geDataID=18659

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 07-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #3696
iankh

Quote:
I LOVE MY SISTER!

I've been invited to join Peg, Jose and the puppy dogs on a weekend getaway to 'beat the heat'! They've rented a 'cabin' in Prescott and we'll get to play with Cheri a bit over the weekent too!

Will you be seeing the lovely and ornamented Cheri while you lounge in Prescott?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #3697
granmaz

Quote:
I LOVE MY SISTER!

Quote:
Will you be seeing the lovely and ornamented Cheri while you lounge in Prescott?
Ian, read the post again!!!!!

That does look a lovely place. I must keep it in mind for if we travel that way again.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #3698
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Ian, read the post again!!!!!
Well it could have been some other Cheri, who as coincidence would have it, also happens to live in Prescott.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #3699
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Well it could have been some other Cheri, who as coincidence would have it, also happens to live in Prescott.

OK...time to hit the shower.

I wonder how my team-mate would feel if I took the WHOLE day off Friday? Nah....Jose can't leave till 1PM anyway. Bet the traffic will already be icky by then.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 07-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #3700
granmaz

Quote:

Could be!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #3701
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Beat the heat, and keep on living!

Quote:
Bit of info for those of you doing WDW in conjunction with the cruise.

Beaches & Cream will now start service breakfast. It will be a counter service for those of you on the dining plan.

PEG TAKE NOTE!

Duly noted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Peg, does that mean to write it on the new dry erase board?

Woody
Nope, this note goes in the ORANGE WDW/CRUISE folder that I got just like Jackie's DIS green one! I've got a whole "packet" on restaurants and menu's Jackie printed out for us.

Quote:

Ian I would love to share my desires with you --- No Dining plan this trip - I found it to be too much food and not a good value for the type of eater I've turned into... which is all good. I will have to spend more time going over menu's this weekend so I can share what my big "hits" will be. I don't know WDW any where near as good as you folks - so it will be hard. But can I say I love the name ... Beaches and Cream? I like a little fruit for breakfast to get me going - but there is always a morning on the ship we do eggs benedict. One cruise I think we did that 3 times... Luminere's has really good eggs benedict!
Quote:
I LOVE MY SISTER!

It's a craftsman cottage - the other "cabin" was up in the mountains and slept 6-8 - so a bit too large for this adventure... this one will be perfect with the front porch and fenced in yard for the girls! Faith is just about ready to burst - she's so sick of the heat and not being able to go for long walks at her favorite park - we pulled out their "luggage" last night and you should have SEEN the look on her face... she is truly the smartest dog I have ever known. She wouldn't settle down last night - (note to self: don't pull out her overnight bag until we are ready to pack and GO!)
Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #3702
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

ONE and ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Could be!!!
There is ONLY one CHERI! (At least in my book!)
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #3703
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post

. . . I will have to spend more time going over menu's this weekend so I can share what my big "hits" will be.
Hopefully not the Denny's Grand Slam.

Woody
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #3704
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariomonkey View Post
hello friends, its been a long time, I find this thread a bit overwhelming

Anyway, finally feeling like the vacation will be here before I know it! 10 weeks away

The reason I am posting is this: I was wondering if anyone out there needs a snorkeling buddy?

I am pretty sure that we will be taking the ferry and a cab to cinnamon bay on St John (from St Thomas). I can't get my DH in the water and would prefer to have a buddy out there on the water with me. Sounds like the best snorkeling is around the little island off shore and I would feel better not being alone.

If anyone might be interested, them PM me. I am a just ok swimmer but LOVE to snorkel and hope to have a repeat performance of the amazing scenery I experienced at the Baths on Virgin Gorda. I actually think we will do the Baths again since they were so amazing but I snorkelled those on my own before (as a first timer) and felt completely safe and comfortable.

Let me know if anyone is interested. My DH will be on the beach reading and guarding the stuff.

Hi Susie, I love snorkeling too and I wish I could join you. DH John prefers pools because there's no sand. We're going to the Emerald Beach hotel on St. Thomas. They have a pool right on the beach so we'll both be happy.

I have been to St. John before and you're going to love it. I'm sure you'll find someone to share the snorkel with....even if you catch up with them on the excursion.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #3705
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I LOVE MY SISTER!

Wow Jackie, that's really nice....some cabin....ha. So nice of Peg and Jose. I know you'll all have a great time. Hugs to Sassy for us....pictures would be nice.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: