Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #3631
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post

or hire that lawyer from our repo cruise to write that letter again for us. Oh John, where are you John

(I here we could actually bribe him by threatening to show that "coconut" picture)
Oh, pleeeze -- not again!

Woody
Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #3632
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I believe MickeyOCD has a girl and boy close to those ages. She has posted recently, so maybe she'll be popping in soon. You can always take a look at Page One and check out the list of cruisers. (Jan will be adding you to page one soon I'm sure.) Look for names with an * in front...as those are cruisers who have at least checked in since we started this thread...the others posted long ago and we haven't heard back from them.

ibouncetoo is correct, I have a girl 8 and boy who'll barely be 5 when we go on the cruise (his bday is 1 week before the cruise). Hanna will be in the lab and Matt will be in the club. I don't know how much interaction these 2 groups have with each other as this is our 1st cruise. We will be going to the DisMeet on embarkation day so perhaps our kids will be able to meet up then. We are also planning on going to Fishlips with a group from this thread Friday night. If you want to join in see post 1 for information. You can also PM me if your daughter wants to "meet" mine beforehand. Hanna is very outgoing and loves to make new friends, if your daughter is shy Hanna can help. This group has been amazing. They are very friendly, and a wealth of information. Just join in, they'll make you feel welcome. They did for me.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #3633
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
*******NOTICE*******NOTICE********NOTICE********

Don't know what to get for those pesky Fish Extender gifts?
Join the Tortolian Lanyard Gift Giving Team!

We're recruiting team members to chip-in for the cost of the lanyards (as it's just too darn complicated to try and collect money from everybody wanting one).

Due to ordering requirements, we will be ordering more than we currently need, so if you were on the fence about a lanyard, sign up with mishoe01 for one now.

On the FE list, but didn't order a lanyard? Think about getting one now as a souvenir.

Not on the FE list, but ordering multiple lanyards and feel guilty about getting them for free? No one would object if you wanted to 'chip-in'. PM Monica to keep all transactions private.

******disclaimer******Supply limited, act now!

Exact cost per team member will vary based on how many folks we have on the team, could fall in the $20-40 range.

**********end of notice*********

I wish that I hadn't already bought my FE gifts! This would have been much simpler and then I wouldn't have had to pack what I bought. Oh well, too late now, already bought the stuff. I hope you will all enjoy what I am gifting to you.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #3634
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Something sounds a bit fishy. The fuel surcharge was cancelled for cruises before us and refunded for a cruise after ours?
When did you guys get "on board" for this cruise? I paid my deposit on Feb. 26, 2008 (I know, I lurked for a VERY long time) and I didn't have a fuel surcharge.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #3635
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyOCD View Post
When did you guys get "on board" for this cruise? I paid my deposit on Feb. 26, 2008 (I know, I lurked for a VERY long time) and I didn't have a fuel surcharge.
The fuel surcharge was just on reservations booked in a certain window (I booked this cruise in May of 08). The fact that some 'contracts' have it, isn't really the issue (we all make the deal we make at the time of booking a cruise), it's the fact that some who have it were able to have a cast member REMOVE it, even after the target date that DCL used to determine if the charge would 'stick'.

Cruises earlier this year were able to have the charge returned in the form of an OBC, because the price of oil was below the range DCL had set. The price went above that range in mid-June, so cruises for the next quarter (ours) will have the charge 'stick'.

So that's the fuel surcharge story.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 07-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #3636
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

.....but the REAL reason I came on to post.....

My brother's mother-in-law was able to apply the Florida resident discount and saved big bucks! Man....she owes me a drink!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #3637
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

White boards...

Look at the DIS green one. Jackie I really think your are TOO BIG!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #3638
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The fuel surcharge was just on reservations booked in a certain window (I booked this cruise in May of 08). The fact that some 'contracts' have it, isn't really the issue (we all make the deal we make at the time of booking a cruise), it's the fact that some who have it were able to have a cast member REMOVE it, even after the target date that DCL used to determine if the charge would 'stick'.

Cruises earlier this year were able to have the charge returned in the form of an OBC, because the price of oil was below the range DCL had set. The price went above that range in mid-June, so cruises for the next quarter (ours) will have the charge 'stick'.

So that's the fuel surcharge story.

Here's to you getting your OBC back. Hope it works. Not really fair if the cruise before and after ours is getting theirs back. Here's sending you Pixie Dust.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #3639
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Sorry

Sorry sister - here is the link

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/pr...entials/862843
Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #3640
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Still waiting to hear of the FL member of our family group was able to get any resident discount for this cruise.

Today I'm p.o.'d all over again at DCL about the stupid fuel surcharge. Just read another post where someone on a cruise a couple weeks after ours called DCL and the cast member REMOVED theirs. You know, either all of us who fell within that booking window where it was changed pay it, or we all don't.....makes me cranky.

If you find out about the Florida rate Can you let me know please? Although, it would have to be a better discount then the credits we got for booking this September while on last September cause I know we can't get both

Our friends got an onboard credit for this cruise for their fuel charge.. When I asked for ours, I was told we never paid one cause we booked while on he ship..

I Love You
Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #3641
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:

My brother's mother-in-law was able to apply the Florida resident discount and saved big bucks! Man....she owes me a drink!

Whoops just saw the answer to this... Maybe I'll call DCL tomorrow and look into it

I Love You
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #3642
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
If you find out about the Florida rate Can you let me know please? Although, it would have to be a better discount then the credits we got for booking this September while on last September cause I know we can't get both

Our friends got an onboard credit for this cruise for their fuel charge.. When I asked for ours, I was told we never paid one cause we booked while on he ship..

The FL residents rates are out. You do need proof of residency and I am not sure what DCL will accept as a minimum. Do you have a FL ID card or drivers license?

The discount saved me over 10% (but I didn't book onboard).

These are the rates for our cruise

2 People 3 People 4 People
Category 4 Family Verandah $2538 $3107 $3676
Category 5 Deluxe Verandah $2338 $2907 $3476
Category 6 Deluxe Verandah $2138 $2707 $3276
Category 7 Navigator's Ver $1938 $2507
Category 8 Deluxe Oceanview $1738 $2307 $2876
Category 9 Deluxe Oceanview $1538 $2007 $2476
Category 10 Deluxe Inside $1438 $1907 $2376
Category 11 Standard Inside $1338 $1807 $2276

HTH

--Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #3643
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad she got it!

-Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #3644
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

Fish Extenders

I made my FE out of these little "purses" that I found at the Dollar Tree (Love that place!). The purses are just little canvas bags (shaped like a hobo style purse) with a nautical theme. I bought three (white with a blue ship's wheel on it) and attached them together by canvas ties. I then wrote/designed on them with fabric markers with our names and other stuff. It should definetly work for the FE. I would post a pic but I don't have enough posts yet (guess I shouldn't have lurked for so long ). Maybe I'll be able to post them soon. So the FE doesn't have to be fancy (I paid $3 for the bags; total they were $1 each and the fabric markers I got a variety color pack for $6 from WalMart) and can do it inexpensively. Just got to think outside the box sometimes. Can't wait for the cruise!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #3645
KayR
DIS Veteran

Mickey OCD - are you sure you can't post pictures? You have to do it from a service such as photobucket, but I would have thought you were OK to post the pictures.

If you want, email me the picture and I will load it for you.

-Kay
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: