Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #3001
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Just going to peak over on the 9/19/09 thread and see how they're doing with their ressies tonight. Kathe should be there booking now and a few others that are on this cruise too.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #3002
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
& I thought I was doing so good too... I got up yesterday, met a friend from High School that was passing through for dinner and went to bed relatively early last night and woke about 3 am with it again... I give...
SO SORRY!!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #3003
kristinnelson
Earning My Ears

Question new cruiser questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
WELCOME ABOARD!!

I will add you to page 1 post 1. We are listed there in alphabetical order by DIS name. Are you listed there under your sister's entry already? If so, let me know who your sister is so you are not counted twice. Is your sister-in-law a DISer? Is there any other information about your group that you would like to add? Check the activities at the top and if you are interested in any use the registration link so that up-to-date lists are available to organizers. If you have any questions--ASK AWAY!!
I did the registration- thanks for pointing it out to me!
- My SIL is not a DISer
- My sister is dr&momto2boys and I am not listed under her so no double counts.
- we have main dining

I haven't run across this information yet, so Questions!!!!
1. What sorts of activities are on the computers in the Oceaneer's Lab? Do the kids have internet access from those computers (I'm guessing not, but DS wants to know if he will be able to access YouTube.)
2. How old does one have to be to do the parasailing at Castaway Cay with an adult? alone?

Thanks!
Kristin
Old 06-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #3004
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

No problem with Mimi's I love muffins and Monica.

Just gotta eat in the Castle one time....no matter the cost....I'll love the ambiance......although, Ian's House of Princesses sounds so very tempting....what an offer, Princesses For All Occasions.....ya can't beat that!

You can't beat a Princess Ambulance.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #3005
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinnelson View Post
I did the registration- thanks for pointing it out to me!
- My SIL is not a DISer
- My sister is dr&momto2boys and I am not listed under her so no double counts.
- we have main dining

1. What sorts of activities are on the computers in the Oceaneer's Lab? Do the kids have internet access from those computers (I'm guessing not, but DS wants to know if he will be able to access YouTube.)
2. How old does one have to be to do the parasailing at Castaway Cay with an adult? alone?

Thanks!
Kristin

Maybe one of the others will know. I don't think they have internet access. I can't remember what the deal was when we took our grandson on the Wonder.

The age for parasailing is 8 years old and up. Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #3006
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Happy Fathers Day!!!

PS: I've finished my quick Dubai trip report so here's a link if you fancy a peek...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 06-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #3007
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinnelson View Post

Thanks!
Kristin
For the parasailing, the 'alone' part will depend entirely on the child's weight and the wind conditions that day. It will be up to the captain of your boat to determine if a child has to go tandem with someone. So if you were a scrawny 14 year old, while you could go on the boat without a parent, you could possible have to go 'up' with a stranger!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 06-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #3008
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Just going to peak over on the 9/19/09 thread and see how they're doing with their ressies tonight. Kathe should be there booking now and a few others that are on this cruise too.
Hi Deb! I got all the excursions I wanted and a Palo brunch I tried to come back here when I was done but the boards were down and I was very tired so went to bed! Now all I have to do is be ready to stand in line at guest services for the margarita and martini tastings (Sara chose these over tea ). I'm having tea with you this cruise so I'm happy Thanks for thinking of us last night.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #3009
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Kaz, loved your A-Z report. What an amazing place!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 06-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #3010
ibouncetoo

Just decided I'm going to buy a Disney gift card or Disney dollars with my Disney Visa before the trip! I have a weeks worth of dining at WDW to pay for and this way I can earn the rewards NOW for use on the trip!

Gotta remember to make this suggestion to Peg when she's back from NC.

I did get her booked for Cape May on the 19th.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #3011
Evette
Mouseketeer

Location: Elgin, IL (formerly Anaheim, CA Home Of Disneyland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I've been meaning to ask, who is combining this cruise with a stay at WDW, and if so, are you doing it before or after the cruise?

We, for the first time, will be doing WDW before the cruise rather than after.
We will be checking into SSR in a 1 bedroom on Sept. 5th for our 1st DVC stay. Looking forward to going to all the Parks but taking a slower approach this time.

October 2014 - Aulani, July 2014 - VGC @ DLR, September 2012 - BLT, March 2012 - VGC @ DLR, June 2011 - Wonder To Alaska, November 2010 - BLT, September 2009 -Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean, September 2009 - SSR (1st time "home"), January 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, January 1998 - Off Site (Give Kids The World), Disneyland - Too many times to count (lived in Anaheim)
Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #3012
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evette View Post
We will be checking into SSR in a 1 bedroom on Sept. 5th for our 1st DVC stay. Looking forward to going to all the Parks but taking a slower approach this time.
We will be at SSR from the 7th. I won't be rushing around either!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #3013
ibouncetoo

Hey you SSR folks, if you haven't tried it, I really enjoyed my meal at the Turf Club on the patio!

We stayed there in Dec 07 and had a signature dinner planned one night, but one of my friends wasn't feeling well, so we cancelled the ADR and the other three of us just went to Turf Club becasue it was convenient. What a plesant surprise.

Don't remember exactly what we had...there were crab cakes, onion rings, calamari, burgers and spare ribs involved however.

Photo courtesy of MouseManager.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #3014
ibouncetoo

In my ongoing effort to avoid housework, I popped on the Hoops & Yoyo sight. Their "June" message just cracked me up.

So for all you garage sale junkies:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/s...opsandyoyo.com

Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #3015
DisPrincess30
Earning My Ears

New to DisBoard - Woo Hoo Tortola - Traveling with 9mo old

Hi All!
Thanks to my DMIL for introducing me to the site and for all the info about the intinerary for the cruise (We are starting to get the priate costumes ready). DH and I were engaged on the Wonder in September 2006 and will be cruising again for Totrola (WOO HOO!!!), this time bringing along our 9 month old daughter. Any suggestions from families who have cruised with children under or around age 1 would be greatly appreciated. We found out about Babies Travel Lite to help out with stocking the room with all of her diapers/food/bath & sun needs etc for less to haul down. Ideas and suggestions greatly appreicated!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: