Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #256
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
WELCOME. I'll also be celebrating my 60th (a little early) ALTHOUGH OFFICIALLY this cruise is to celebrate baby sisters 50th birthday. All four of the 'siblings' will be together on this adventure.

You know my dear, we will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary, although it will be our 22nd year anniversary this coming June.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #257
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
You know my dear, we will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary, although it will be our 22nd year anniversary this coming June.
Yes, WE will be celebrating YOUR one year wedding anniversary, which is only right since we were on your honeymoon too! Honeymoon at Disneyland, anniversary at Disney World and on DCL, you guys know how to do it right!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #258
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I cannot wait to see what attire you two come up with for this occasion!

And "welcome" to Sam and Joanie!

Donna
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #259
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

It's Almost Valentine's Day.... Sooooooo... You've all been Smooched!!!

I Love You
Old 01-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #260
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Just reserved yesterday through Mouse Fan Travel. Got a great deal on a verandah cabin that somone apparently canceled. We were on our first Disney cruise in December (Mousefest 4-day on the Wonder). That was to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. This trip we'll be celebrating DW's 60th birthday.
Sam and Joanie Steele
Hershey, PA

WELCOME!!
My DH and I will be celebrating our 29th anniversary on Sept 13th. My DH also will be celebrating his 62nd birthday on Sept 20th. Our first DCL cruise also was on the Wonder for a 4 night cruise in Dec, 2007. BTW I would love to go to Hershey some day. ....Vicki
Old 01-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #261
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Does the MD have an answer to WHY?
Or WHAT needs to be done that is not being done now?

Not exactly.....I have tried a lot of things. We keep trying new things to see what works. But the leg keeps changing too.....sometimes it's infected, sometimes it's not....sometimes it's one leg, sometimes it's two....sometimes it leaks, sometimes it doesn't, etc. I know that the next thing to try is to get rid of the edema. Not so easily done. There are a couple of things I can try and see if it works. It's all trial and error. I also have to lose weight. Also not so easily done. I will keep trying.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #262
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

[QUOTE=DisneyRN1;29614499]Sept 13th would be a good day to have it. It is Greg and my 29th anniversary!! That sounds old, doesn't it? (I was only 3 when we got married-I was born in West Va, you know):rotfl2

John and I have a Sept anniversary too. It's a perfect time of the year to get married and to celebrate anniversaries. Congratulations to you and Greg....29 years is such a long time.....you must definitely have been 3 years old when you got married. hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Hey Guys are we going to have an old geezer meet up at the Cove Cafe one night too??? I would also love for a group of us to get together and do that. Who's up for it?

We would be interested in the OG/GIT meet.

YEAH, me too!!!

I would love to see pictures from the buffet. I didn't feel like doing a lot of things after I broke my wrist. Greg was going to goto the buffet, but didn't want to leave me. One of the nice Disney things was that one of the front desk CM went up to the buffet and brought me back some desserts. Ironically, she brought mostly things I didn't care for, but I ate then ayway because I was so touched that she would even do that for a guest WAY!! above the expected.

I will post them soon. I have to go way back to cruise pics in photobucket. They're in there. How nice of the CM to bring you back some dessert samplings. DCL is the best!

Deb, I don't know what exactly is wrong with your legs, but has anyone ever explored the possibility of using a hyperbaric chamber to heal your legs? It can sometimes work when other things don't. It would depend on what your doctor says.

I have open wounds that keep getting infected and leak fluids....because I also have edema. Yes, I have talked to my wound doctor about the hyperbaric chamber. It would take 6 two hour sessions a week for about 3 months at $2k per session and my insurance will not cover it. I'm sure it will work, but it's impossible for me to do.

I agree on them posting things like that. Maybe they could post the dates/time on the cruise line website where we make our ressies, so we could plan for them,too. We did the Galley tour, and enjoyed it. It's amazing the size of the kitchens, and how many meals they prepare.

Vicki
So glad you're sailing with us on this trip Vicki. No getting hurt this time....not allowed.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #263
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I'm back and will be glad to set up an OG GIT meet. Was busy watching a Monk marathon this weekend.

Cove Cafe is a good place for our meet. Last time we met at 10:00 pm. However that interfered with the adult entertainment. I was thinking 11:00 might be better (or right after the adult show) if that is not too late for most OG's. I'm a night owl, though, so you can't go by me. Or would an afternoon be better? It could be at two o'clock. Most OG's seem to need an afternoon rest break. We could call it the OG Booze and Snooze meet. Ideas and suggestions are welcome! Give me some feedback, please.

Donna

Hi Donna, thanks for doing this. Either time works for me. We definitely want to partake in the festivities. We missed it on the PC cruise and heard about how great it was. We don't want to miss it on this cruise.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 AM   #264
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Here's some desert buffet pics from the WBPC cruise last May.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 01-18-2009, 02:35 AM   #265
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Here's some desert buffet pics from the WBPC cruise last May.

That is very..um.. green

Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #266
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
That is very..um.. green

Looks like a DIS cake to me.....hahahah.....

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 01-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #267
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I cannot wait to see what attire you two come up with for this occasion!

And "welcome" to Sam and Joanie!

Donna
I don't know if you'll see anything new. Although we are considering packing the stuff we wore to the wedding. People will think we're CM's from the Grand Floridian.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #268
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
That is very..um.. green
When I was doing pastry work (I studied to be a pastry chef), I myself never found green a very attractive color.

I wish I had photos of my work, but alas I don't. It was in the days before digital cameras.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 AM   #269
iankh

(Don't tell anyone, but I am being forced to post on this tread. Jackie has threatened to kidnap my dogs when she's at my house in May, unless I started showing up here.

Don't be fooled. Jackie is a bully.)

Old 01-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #270
iankh

I have to say that this cruise has entered my consciousness and I am actually starting to look forward to it.

It just may be because I made the DVC booking for the week before the cruise.

We currently have a 2-bedroom at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. The lovely Cheri is going to be joining us, as well as that Jackie woman.

Sort of appropriate, they were on our honeymoon (but that's another story).

We're planning on taking Cheri and Jackie on all of our major life events.

I have booked a 2-bedroom lock-off, which is a one bedroom, connected to a studio. An advantage is that Jackie and Cheri will have their own kitchenette and their own entrance. It will add to flexiblity.

I had been considering switching us over to the Boardwalk, when the 7-month window opened up in February, but when we were at the movies yesterday, Sukie informed me that, "There will be a big tantrum if we're not at the Wilderness Lodge," so I am reconsidering my options.

The Wilderness Lodge is our home resort for a reason, we love the place, and that is where the bulk of our DVC points are, however we also have a small contract at the Boardwalk.

We have stayed at the Boardwalk several times and love it, but Sukie has gotten it into his head that for this trip we MUST be at the Wilderness Lodge.

I have learned over the past nearly 22 years, that some things are just not rocking the boat of domestic harmony.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: