Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #2251
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Just me and Ree

Look at her muzzle, she's enjoying the scratch I'm giving her!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #2252
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post

Thought I'd share.... this is BEFORE i rode her.... my friends horse Ree - I knew Ree's MOTHER "FLASH" and Flashe's sister "SISTER". So we go way back...

And this is fine example of why you lunge a horse before riding!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #2253
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Indeed

That is TOTALLY correct sister! Why have to "fight" the "Frisk"?

Here is an example of Ree going over a log in her "play pen"... my friend and I are Natural Horsewomen... we don't believe in hitting, or forcing an animal to do anything - we believe "relationship first"...

Isn't she beautiful?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #2254
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

One more

One more and I'm done... this is Bouquet - (her real name is bucket because she was bucket rasied - her mother died after giving birth - but because Barb is a fan of BBC - she calls her BOUQUET. LOL

Old 06-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #2255
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

I lied...

And with that I will sign off with a Good night all and a photo that I thought would be appropriate...

Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #2256
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

One more question from the newbie

We are going to WDW post cruise and wanted to know if we'd be better off carting our luggage off ourselves (should only have 2 large and 2 small bags for the 4 of us, totally handleable) or if we have to have our bags go thru customs before we disembark. Not sure of how this all works as we have never cruised before. Thanks for the info, I'll await your wisdom.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #2257
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyOCD View Post
We are going to WDW post cruise and wanted to know if we'd be better off carting our luggage off ourselves (should only have 2 large and 2 small bags for the 4 of us, totally handleable) or if we have to have our bags go thru customs before we disembark. Not sure of how this all works as we have never cruised before. Thanks for the info, I'll await your wisdom.
Well, your bags (and you) go through customes no matter who takes them from your room. You CAN take your bags with you from your room the morning we disembark, but you'll have to schlep them with you to breakfast and find a place for them in the restaurant out of the way.

DCL will pick them up from your room the night before (you have to have them outside your door by 11PM) and you can collect them at the terminal, before going through customs. You will find tags in your stateroom the night before that will go on your luggage and let you know which section (Donald, Mickey) you stuff will be in when you get down to the terminal. It's very organized. Folks say disembarking on DCL is the most organized of any of the cruise lines.

It's pretty painless to do it that way, though that Friday at Castaway Cay and final dinner and show, it gets pretty hectic to get your luggage packed and out (especially if you want to hit Pub Night in the adult club that night ). So take some time on Thursday (sea day) to get some of your stuff packed up or at least organized. DON'T FORGET to leave out your clothes for the next morning! You will have access to your luggage to rearrange anything you like (for example, I have to put my lotions and potions into my checked bags instead of my carryon when going straight to the airport).

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #2258
ibouncetoo

By the way, there is a disembarkation talk that the Cruise Director will give in one of the theaters. You don't need to attend, because it is played repeatedly on your TV on Friday and all throught the night!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #2259
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Well, you've been using words like 'our' or 'mine' lately, so I though maybe you'd booked and were just waiting to see who'd catch on!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #2260
ibouncetoo

If I Were Not Upon The Sea

Here's an example of why you don't want to miss Pub Night, if you can at all help it.

There are videos of this on youtube if you want to look for it...or NOT...keep it as a surprise.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #2261
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
[B][COLOR=purple]

Welcome home fella! I too, think we should have a slide presentation, maybe powerpoint with music and poetry or quotes to go along...
Hmmm. Quotes, like: "Stop snoring," and "Wake up."

Woody
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #2262
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

What great photos Peggy, and beautiful horses.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #2263
ibouncetoo

7620 (partial obstruction verandah) may now be available.

Just saw this post from Epperbiker:

Quote:
7620 may still be available for 9/12/09 Tortola
We unfortunately just gave up "Secret Verandah" room 7620 for the September 12 Magic sailing to Tortola. This is one of the four Navigators verandahs that have only a slight 'obstruction' and have a clear wall. This is virtually the same cabin as the one next door which is a cat 5. These are a terrific bargain if you book early.

Jan, you can removed Epperbiker from the role call.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #2264
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyOCD View Post
So went looking for hotels for the night before cruise and the cheapest I was able to find was $107 for the Radisson. Does anybody know of a good hotel for cheaper that has a free shuttle to the port? Just wondering if I should just book the Radisson. We're taking Southern Elegance (thanks for the tip Jackie, it was the cheapest we found) from MCO to Cocoa Beach, does anyone know if the Radisson is close to a grocery/liquor store? We would like to bring on a few beverages. Thanks for the info.
Stretching my memory a bit, but we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. They have a shuttle (or at least had) and as I recall, I booked it because it was cheaper than the Radisson. It was more than fine for one night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...406405380&cd=6

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #2265
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Stretching my memory a bit, but we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. They have a shuttle (or at least had) and as I recall, I booked it because it was cheaper than the Radisson. It was more than fine for one night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...406405380&cd=6
This is where Nan & I are staying
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: