Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #196
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
I got a PM from GaCruisers with permission to share. Financial constraints are hitting a lot of folks these days.
Sorry to hear that GaCruisers won't be joining us. The economy is scaring me. I wonder how many more of us may be canceling before final payment is due.

Donna
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #197
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I just booked five nights precruise at POFQ with a 40% off room code that I got in my email. Now all I have to do is purchase park hoppers and watch for good airfare when it gets closer to Sept. Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase park hopper tickets? We booked our vacation through DU. TIA.

Donna
I know Cheri (NotSoLittleMermaid) got park hoppers in the past from some place that was listed on mouse savers. Most of the discounts are very modest, but every little bit helps. I'll be sure and ask her, as we have to buy a 7 day hopper, AND nag her to check in here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Plus, then maybe I can meet up with some of you Before hand!!

Before our Panama cruise there were three different Friday meets, one at the Hyatt, one at DTD and one at FishLips!

Here's my 'feel the economy' story.

Today at work we were all advised that everyone in our Fortune 500 company (except commishioned salespeople and contracted talent) will be taking a five day 'furlough'. That's five days off without pay taken between now and the end of March. Not too bad a hit for us hourly people, as we can take just one day per payperiod and that won't hurt too bad. The salaried folks have to take the whole week at once, which sounds a little more painful to loose that much pay in one hit. The interesting thing is....those managers can NOT touch their "Crack-berries", check e-mails or make phone calls during that week. I know my boss will have a really hard time with that!

Our management team is discussing doing some volunteer projects in the community with their week off...isn't that great? Personally, I have five long weekends coming up...starting THIS weekend!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #198
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
I got a PM from GaCruisers with permission to share. Financial constraints are hitting a lot of folks these days.
Sorry to hear they won't be with us on the cruise. I fear these times are going to be tough.

I know we are cutting down on extras, and things back home too, even though it hasn't hit us personally yet.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #199
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

WE GOT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I have an MRI scheduled for today for my Migraines & Headaches and a dentist appointment for a cleaning

No plows in my town yet either and I need to leave soon

I Love You
Old 01-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #200
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Hello everyone and welcome to any newbies who have joined us! Hope you're all keeping tortolly well...

Sorry to hear there are others who won't be joining us. It's a tough time and with things shifting constantly in the financial world my DH works in, I can't actually say for certain that we'll be on this cruise or any other! Of course I'm assuming we will and crossing my fingers but only time will tell...

Anyway, it's bitterly cold here today so I'm opting to stay indoors and do all my household chores for the week - them's brave words for someone who has spent most of the morning writing a pre-trip report for our Easter WDW vacation!!! Here's a link for those of you who'd like to check out our eggciting plans...

Off to play with my vacuum now so catch you all later...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #201
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WE GOT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I have an MRI scheduled for today for my Migraines & Headaches and a dentist appointment for a cleaning

No plows in my town yet either and I need to leave soon
Good luck with your MRI. I'm on meds for my migraines/headaches and it has made my life so much better. My life was pretty much a constant headache, if I wasn't in pain it was a good day.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #202
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I signed up for emails from disneyworld.com. From what I understand from reading the DIS though, is that not everyone gets them. Some people have received postcards with pin numbers. Some people get nothing. My son's gf got a postcard with a pin number because she has been to WDW in the past. Sorry, I can't be more help.

Donna
I did not see any place to sign up, but I am a registered user of that site so maybe that is what is required. I do know that a lot of times there are surprise offers--much like Year of a Million Dreams or whatever they called it. Some people get a mailing and some do not. Just a serendipity kind of thing.

I did a lot of reading on the site and created maps of all four parks which will be delivered in a couple weeks. I have not been to WDW since 2006 and then it was only a couple days. My birthday is in March. I have no idea if DH can get away, but I was thinking that I would LOVE a couple days in the parks with MY CHOICE of attractions. Not majority vote, but my choice--how selfish is that?!

So, with that in mind, I created the maps showing the things I want to see.
Now I am going to check out Downtown Disney and make some lists in my little Castaway Club returning cruiser gift notebook.

Then, if we can go, I am ready. And if we cannot, I had fun dreaming.

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #203
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I know Cheri (NotSoLittleMermaid) got park hoppers in the past from some place that was listed on mouse savers. Most of the discounts are very modest, but every little bit helps. I'll be sure and ask her, as we have to buy a 7 day hopper, AND nag her to check in here too!

Before our Panama cruise there were three different Friday meets, one at the Hyatt, one at DTD and one at FishLips!

Today at work we were all advised that everyone in our Fortune 500 company (except commishioned salespeople and contracted talent) will be taking a five day 'furlough'. That's five days off without pay taken between now and the end of March. Not too bad a hit for us hourly people, as we can take just one day per payperiod and that won't hurt too bad. The salaried folks have to take the whole week at once, which sounds a little more painful to loose that much pay in one hit. The interesting thing is....those managers can NOT touch their "Crack-berries", check e-mails or make phone calls during that week. I know my boss will have a really hard time with that!

Our management team is discussing doing some volunteer projects in the community with their week off...isn't that great? Personally, I have five long weekends coming up...starting THIS weekend!
Why can't they use their Blackberries?
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #204
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
Good luck with your MRI. I'm on meds for my migraines/headaches and it has made my life so much better. My life was pretty much a constant headache, if I wasn't in pain it was a good day.
Thank You.. Thats how mine are.. If it isnt a dull ache all day long no matter what I try to do to ease it.. its an intense throbbing pain.. and I hide in my bedroom, curtains drawn and hide under the blankets..

I Love You
Old 01-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #205
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

Quote:
Thank You.. Thats how mine are.. If it isnt a dull ache all day long no matter what I try to do to ease it.. its an intense throbbing pain.. and I hide in my bedroom, curtains drawn and hide under the blankets..
I could get a headache that would last for days. I've taken every over the counter med known to man for them and nothing would make them go away.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #206
JLSE50

Quote:
Any feedback on the MRI? Sure hope you find some relief!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #207
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I mentioned the term 'Hooray Henry' to John and he hadn't heard of it.
Are you sure that John is British?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #208
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg3 View Post
I have never heard of it either - had to google it:

Meaning:
A loud-mouthed but ineffectual upper class fool.

Origin:
This sounds very much like a phrase of British origin - possibly from the pen of P. G. Wodehouse. In fact it's an American phrase, coined by Damon Runyon. In a piece for a 1936 edition of Collier's Weekly, Runyon wrote:

"He is without doubt strictly a Hoorah Henry, and he is generally figured as nothing but a lob as far as ever doing anything useful in this world is concerned."

Hmmm, you learn something new every day.
I had never heard the term until I lived in the UK.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #209
pfishgirl

Quote:
Any feedback on the MRI? Sure hope you find some relief!

I had it today and they said 24 - 48 hours for results

I Love You
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #210
iankh

So, I arrived back in Chicago, after a couple of days in Orlando on business.

I'm happy to be home, though I wish it could be a little warmer.

It was -7F when I left for work this morning, and it is now -9F, and supposed to go down to -10F.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: