Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #181
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonjessica View Post
Hello All and let me introduce myself. I am Scott and My DW and DD will be joining you on this cruise. Right now we are not booked because we are waiting on certain discounts to become available. In the meantime My MIL and FIL are booked. We are using our Vacation Club Points to pay for their trip as a thank you for all the help they have given us in Baby Sitting.

We also have a couple of other family members who may join us so we may be a mini group untu ourselves. I can't wait to introduce my crewe to this board and everything that goes on during a DIS Cruise. When we get more confirmed information I will fill you in.
Hello!! I hope you do get to come with us, feel free to jump right on in, in any of the conversations.. We love New cruisers and Almost cruisers

I Love You
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #182
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Bump (from pg. 3 )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #183
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Hooray Henry is used still Ian!!!
I'm glad to see somethings have remained the same!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #184
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I'm glad to see somethings have remained the same!

I mentioned the term 'Hooray Henry' to John and he hadn't heard of it.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #185
lg3
The '80's must have been harder on me than I remember, because I sure can't recall seawees

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I mentioned the term 'Hooray Henry' to John and he hadn't heard of it.
I have never heard of it either - had to google it:

Meaning:
A loud-mouthed but ineffectual upper class fool.

Origin:
This sounds very much like a phrase of British origin - possibly from the pen of P. G. Wodehouse. In fact it's an American phrase, coined by Damon Runyon. In a piece for a 1936 edition of Collier's Weekly, Runyon wrote:

"He is without doubt strictly a Hoorah Henry, and he is generally figured as nothing but a lob as far as ever doing anything useful in this world is concerned."

Hmmm, you learn something new every day.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #186
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg3 View Post
I have never heard of it either - had to google it:

Meaning:
A loud-mouthed but ineffectual upper class fool.

Origin:
This sounds very much like a phrase of British origin - possibly from the pen of P. G. Wodehouse. In fact it's an American phrase, coined by Damon Runyon. In a piece for a 1936 edition of Collier's Weekly, Runyon wrote:

"He is without doubt strictly a Hoorah Henry, and he is generally figured as nothing but a lob as far as ever doing anything useful in this world is concerned."

Hmmm, you learn something new every day.
Well, there you go!!! I would never said it was an American phrase. They always say we get everything from accross the Atlantic!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #187
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Welcome crushonjessica! You will be joining a great group of DISer's!

I just booked five nights precruise at POFQ with a 40% off room code that I got in my email. Now all I have to do is purchase park hoppers and watch for good airfare when it gets closer to Sept. Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase park hopper tickets? We booked our vacation through DU. TIA.

Donna
Old 01-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #188
pfishgirl

I told DH that, if I find a great deal on Spirit in September for this cruise and it requires to leave before the 11th... I'm taking it!! It's so nice to have a house that I don't need to worry about a Hotel.. I already know my room will be ready whatever day I get there..

Plus, then maybe I can meet up with some of you Before hand!!

I Love You
Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #189
lg3
The '80's must have been harder on me than I remember, because I sure can't recall seawees

Question

We are thinking of not renting a car as we will just be flying down on Friday this time. Is it a major pain to handle transportation without your own car? We haven't booked our flights yet.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #190
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
Welcome crushonjessica! You will be joining a great group of DISer's!

I just booked five nights precruise at POFQ with a 40% off room code that I got in my email. Now all I have to do is purchase park hoppers and watch for good airfare when it gets closer to Sept. Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase park hopper tickets? We booked our vacation through DU. TIA.

Donna
How does one get on the list to get those e-mails?
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #191
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg3 View Post
We are thinking of not renting a car as we will just be flying down on Friday this time. Is it a major pain to handle transportation without your own car? We haven't booked our flights yet.
We took Magical Express to our Friday night accommodation--Old Key West. DCL buses pick up there so we went straight from the Hospitality House to the Port. It was a nice way to travel, very restful.

We did not get to the port early as some enjoy doing. BUT, when we got there we found no wait for check-in or for boarding. We had plenty of time to eat, explore, check out the scenery and swim (that is when the phone went swimming....) before life boat drill.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #192
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonjessica View Post
Hello All and let me introduce myself. I am Scott and My DW and DD will be joining you on this cruise. Right now we are not booked because we are waiting on certain discounts to become available. In the meantime My MIL and FIL are booked. We are using our Vacation Club Points to pay for their trip as a thank you for all the help they have given us in Baby Sitting.

We also have a couple of other family members who may join us so we may be a mini group untu ourselves. I can't wait to introduce my crewe to this board and everything that goes on during a DIS Cruise. When we get more confirmed information I will fill you in.
Keep chatting and let us know when we can add you to the list in post 1

Jan
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #193
JLSE50

I got a PM from GaCruisers with permission to share. Financial constraints are hitting a lot of folks these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaCruisers
I wanted to let you know we will not be able to go on this cruise. We are all sad but know it is the right decision for us at this time. I hope you guys have a great cruise!!! I know we will be sailing Disney again soon, I just hope its before the new ship's are out.
Thanks
GaCruisers
Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #194
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
How does one get on the list to get those e-mails?
I signed up for emails from disneyworld.com. From what I understand from reading the DIS though, is that not everyone gets them. Some people have received postcards with pin numbers. Some people get nothing. My son's gf got a postcard with a pin number because she has been to WDW in the past. Sorry, I can't be more help.

Donna
Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #195
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
I got a PM from GaCruisers with permission to share. Financial constraints are hitting a lot of folks these days.
Aww thats a shame.. But.. it's true.. The economy is in a crisis right now and cruising or vacations is NOT on the top of priority lists anymore..

Saving a house or a job is the #1 concern for most right now

I Love You
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: