Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #1651
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Wow! There's been a lot of action here in the time I've been away. I haven't been around for a while because my mom passed away. It may actually change our cruise plans. We'll be on this cruise no matter what, but if my Dad can get the time off work, we may bring him with us.

Anyone who is price watching...please let me know if you see any Cat12's become available for this cruise.

Other preparations:
The kids watched the cruise DVD today and loved it.
DS2 is nearly potty trained. He'll be 3 in June and we keep telling him he has to be able to use the potty all the time to go swimming and to ese the kid's club on our cruise. He's a stubborn kid, but I think we can accomplish this. He's going to be mad if DS4 gets to go to the club and he doesn't!

Pretty soon we'll start to make/(or buy) a Fish Extender and think of gifts.

Can't wait until we can book stuff for the cruise!

How is everyone else doing with your preparations?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #1652
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Wow! There's been a lot of action here in the time I've been away. I haven't been around for a while because my mom passed away. It may actually change our cruise plans. We'll be on this cruise no matter what, but if my Dad can get the time off work, we may bring him with us.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. Hope your dad will be able to join you all on this trip.

Anyone flying Southwest Airlines? We have four flying home on SW and I thought I'd check out a group transport to MCO from the port to try and save some money. I was thinking of a van that holds 10 people maybe and that it would be easiest if the group was all going to the same terminal/airline. Let me know if you are interested...only requirement...no flights before noon. I want to be able to enjoy my final breakfast and don't want to be racing off the ship! (So folks with late seating/late final breakfast would suit best!)

The transport I have for my group of six going to the port (which is on the brink of being booked) is with Southern Elegance and will come out to $26 per person including tip. If anyone wants to check them out, its www.*********** I've used them before and can highly recommend them.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #1653
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone who is price watching...please let me know if you see any Cat12's become available for this cruise.

Other preparations:
The kids watched the cruise DVD today and loved it.
DS2 is nearly potty trained. He'll be 3 in June and we keep telling him he has to be able to use the potty all the time to go swimming and to ese the kid's club on our cruise. He's a stubborn kid, but I think we can accomplish this. He's going to be mad if DS4 gets to go to the club and he doesn't!

Very sorry for your loss. We are at the time in our lives whare so many of our friends are experiencing the same sorrow.

I have been thinking about FE gifts and am looking for guidance. We have not participated in this before, and I'm hoping you can give me some leads. Do you gear the gifts to age/sex of recipient? Since there will be only DH and myself, I'm looking for a small FE. Headed out to Target later today and maybe the Disney outlet store. Surely I should be able to find something.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #1654
KayR
DIS Veteran

dr&momto2boys - sorry for your loss.

sssteele - I bought my FE off EBay (shipped from china I think) for approx $12 inc shipping. There are instructions on the DIS on how to make them, if you are crafty. But your FE doesn't need to be fancy - you could use some small cloth bags stuck together and decorated (in fact I saw some at Michaels the other day that would work - they were in the kids summer decorating section)

The FE gifts vary, and again, there are threads on this topic. Last cruise I gave out pirate ducks, pirate tattoos and some pirate candy. We received candy, $1 items from target (notebooks, pens etc), magnets, pirate stuff, princess stuff and much more (gosh I can't even remember everything we received). Again it doesn't have to be expensive.

-Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #1655
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Wow! There's been a lot of action here in the time I've been away. I haven't been around for a while because my mom passed away....
So sorry to hear this. I know it took me a long time to pick up the reins when my Mum passed so my thoughts are with you and your family... Here's hoping you get your Dad onboard...

Quote:
...How is everyone else doing with your preparations?
Well, let's see...
  • I'm nearly paid off - just waiting/hoping for that exchange rate to jiggle my way so I can get the balance to zero!!! Come on £/$!!!
  • I need to re-re-review the excursions info as decisions I thought were made have altered a little...
  • I want to print out copies of the Tortola Navigator so I can work out what activities to do when...
  • Then it's all systems go and time to get online to book Palo (dinner and brunch); Spa treatments; excursions!!!
  • Just remembered door magnets!!! I must make door magnets...

Not doing the FE this time around - it kinda stressed me out a little bit when I did it before...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...

Last edited by CustardTart; 05-14-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #1656
lg3
The '80's must have been harder on me than I remember, because I sure can't recall seawees

The last time we did FE, there was a master list that had the cabin #'s, how many people in the cabin with kids by age & gender. I think it was passed out when we first all met up right after the sail-away party?
Knowing the kiddos ages and gender was VERY helpful when getting little goodies together as a 10 yr old boy might not get as much out of the same goody as a 4 yr old girl. That way I knew how much Disney Princess stuff vs. Cars/Pirate, etc. to bring in general. Of course, getting something for the adults was fun too!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #1657
CustardTart

back, Monica!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
KAZ - can you pm me the info on that???
I definitely will, Monica but can I leave it for a few days as I'm revising for exams at the mo...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #1658
CustardTart

Just perusing the Navigators and I see there are waaay more tipple tastings than I've seen before...

As well as the usual wine, margarita/tequila, martini and beer, there are whisky and cognac...

Looks like Day 2 might be a little alcohol heavy as I believe that's when the Champagne Girls are doing their thing! So I'm thinking:

1pm - Stem to Stern Wine Tasting...

2pm - Champagne Tasting...

And then a rest (if absolutely necessary) until...
10pm: Sommelier Selection in Cove Cafe...

CHEERS!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #1659
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Just perusing the Navigators and I see there are waaay more tipple tastings than I've seen before...

As well as the usual wine, margarita/tequila, martini and beer, there are whisky and cognac...

Looks like Day 2 might be a little alcohol heavy as I believe that's when the Champagne Girls are doing their thing! So I'm thinking:

1pm - Stem to Stern Wine Tasting...

2pm - Champagne Tasting...

And then a rest (if absolutely necessary) until...
10pm: Sommelier Selection in Cove Cafe...

CHEERS!!!

And don't forget about:
Shots Around the Ship
A Stem to Stern Extravaganza!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #1660
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

We are back from our trip to WDW. Actually, we arrived back last Saturday. We had a great time and had a wonderful 1-bedroom at Old Key West.

Now that that trip's under our belts, I'm ready to focus on this trip!

Cheri (notsolittlemermaid) stayed at Eastwood Manor (conveniently located close to the Chicago duoline rail system) to look after the evil dogs, Tallulah and Truman. I'm happy to say we came home to find Cheri in one piece. Neither she, nor the dogs seemed traumatized.

I did get to have dinner with Jackie and her sister Diane. So, now I know 2 of the 3 Rossell Sister jewels. I get to meet the third gem, Peggy on this upcoming trip.

I'll soon be making our final payment for the cruise. I still have no idea about excursions. None of the DCL excursions appeal to us.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #1661
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Reas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
If we buy the REAS package (basically to be able to make reservations earlier), do you pay for it at the time of purchase, or does it go on your account when you get on the ship?

I too think that I would like to partake with the Champagne Girls - tiaras and pink boas sound just my style

Thanks
What is the REAS, and what does it have to do with booking PALO? We have only been on one Disney cruise, and are still novices when it comes to much of this stuff.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #1662
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Where's Woody?

Greetings from Kodiak, Alaska. We are on Day 58 of our cruise. Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Kobe, and Tokyo were fantastic.

We have several ports in Alaska before arriving in Vancouver.

Best,
Woody
Old 05-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #1663
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Greetings from Kodiak, Alaska. We are on Day 58 of our cruise. Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Kobe, and Tokyo were fantastic.

We have several ports in Alaska before arriving in Vancouver.

Best,
Woody
Hi Woody. I was only thinking about you today and was wondering when your cruise finished. Not long now. What an experience.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #1664
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

WOODY! Peg, Cheri and I were all just speculating as to your whereabouts.

I think we should arrange for a 'talk' one day on this cruise, so we can all hear of your adventures.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #1665
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
WOODY! Peg, Cheri and I were all just speculating as to your whereabouts.

I think we should arrange for a 'talk' one day on this cruise, so we can all hear of your adventures.

I would like that also...Vicki
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: