Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #1621
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
It has taken a while, but I am FINALLY caught up with this thread. Took some time off for a nice trip and a cruise on another another line that shall remain nameless.

DH and I will be traveling alone, but would love to participate in the FE fun, SATS, and GOAA. May consider the CG-sounds like lots of fun and I have a tiara from a bridal shower I attended recently.

We are in cabin #6626, so it looks like some of you will be our neighbors. Scheduled for 2nd dining.

Staying at the Hilton Head resort for several days prior to cruise and the Radisson at Cape Canaveral the night before we board. Would love to meet up with people the night before.

The Emerald Hotel on St. Thomas is something we are considering at this point. Will have to investigate to see how close it is to where we will be docked. Would be interested in sharing transportation with others who may be doing the same.

DH will be wearing a dark charcoal suit rather than a tux. I would be pushing my luck too far with that. I will be dressy, but not in a dress. I'm more the fancy pants type of girl.

Good grief!! Did I cover everything I wanted to get in? Wanted to post a photo, but seems I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Maybe I'll talk to my son and try it again.

Thanks to all of youwho worked to get this thread set up and have kept it going while so many of us are just lurkers. Will try to do better.

Hi Joan, so glad you jumped on here. I'm also happy that you and Sam will be joining all of us for many festivities onboard. As far as the tiaras for the Champagne Girls goes.....I already have them here at home and will bring them. I have plenty for everyone and I'm just giving them out. No need to pay for them. Also the pink feather boas that go with them. We must look pretty in pink for our picture!!!

DH John and I are doing the Emerald Beach hotel in St. Thomas. We would love to share transportation with you both if you do it too.

Definitely come to Fishlips and join us for dinner the night before the cruise. We'll have lots of fun getting the party started.

You know, we're practically neighbors in PA. How about doing a mini meet before our cruise?

At any rate, WELCOME aboard and glad that you have joined us here.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #1622
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Hi. You are just 2 doors away from us. John will be wearing a dark suit also, and I am not good at being formally dressy, so will have a nice dress on(I hope!!!)

Deb(EllaEnchanted) is organising a meal at Fishlips down near the port on the Friday night. I know there are a few going along, and I also know you would have a great time and meet some lovely people.

Hi Marilyn, so nice of you to say that to Joan about the Fishlips group. She should know that you and John too are a very lovely couple....and you'll be neighbors onboard.

Did you have fun today at Mickey's house? What did you do?

Any special plans for tomorrow? It's so great that you are able to take a long and leisurely vacation.....well at least until the kids and grands get there.....hahahah.....but that will be great too.

Continue having fun. Think of us and post some pictures please. We want to live vivaciously through you!!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #1623
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

I have reached a critical mass of smilies on post 1 page 1. I will not be able to add bouncies to indicate interest in Champagne Girls, Geezers of All Ages or Shots around the Ship for those who express an interest, I can only post the initials.

My thought is, if we get to another thread, I can make the roll call take two posts and split the alphabet, but for now, I hope no one has hurt feelings over this.

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #1624
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Hey Jan... why don't you just take on a different way of doing it... for the champagne girls, give us lushes a big * with the color pink... and so on and so on... save the smilies for other good stuff...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #1625
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

So far so good....but then again, I've just gotten started. Last week was my trial week so I went shopping and bought all good foods that are quick and easy. I was eating them while finishing up the last of the "bad" foods in the house. I didn't start tracking yet and when I weighed in a week later I still lost 3 lbs. This week I officially started but my weigh in is not until Friday morning.....so we'll see how I'm doing at that point. I feel good. So that helps.

I'm really not a cooker. John does any cooking in this house. Usually a crock pot meal over the weekend that we can eat during the week and then supplement with other foods. Last weekend he made boneless, skinless chicken breasts in chicken broth with tomatoes. It was delicious. He also made brown rice and red beans. It was easy to mix it up with veggies and fruits during the week.

Oh, John is an avid Food Network watcher. He really loves cooking. I only watch Emeril from time to time. I love your suggestion to try stir fry. I'll talk to John about it. Thanks.
Well it all starts with a great attitude and you have that, so I expect you are off to a great start! I love the chicken in the crock pot with tomatoes...yummy! My DH loves his rice so I make lots of crock pot stuff he can pour over rice and /or rice/beans! I skip the rice unless I'm in "detox" week - then I can have a little starch and usually opt for brown rice. I used to LOVE Emeril but for some reason and I'm not sure why - his "bam" is driving me batty. I do love that British gal Nigela! Something about her and her passion for food really gets me. Also love Giada - she's so beautiful and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
I'm not even sure what I'm going to wear on formal night. I've lost some weight since our last cruise so I kind of want a new dress which I'll also use on next year's cruise, but I could probably still just wear the same old dress I've worn before. Decisions, decisions...
I vote for a new dress!!!! Do you know if most people do cocktail type or gowns? I don't want to look freakish - if I choose a long dress - but I will be able to use it on the 2010 TransAtlantic too - so I'm thinking it might be nice for once. Since I'm not really a "dressy up" type person - I'm trying to step out of the box and grow a bit. Especially since my DH likes me to be girly... he's worth attempting to step out of the box for... thinking about taking some dancing lessons to - since he can cut the rug - anyone ever do that?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #1626
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Well it all starts with a great attitude and you have that, so I expect you are off to a great start! I love the chicken in the crock pot with tomatoes...yummy! My DH loves his rice so I make lots of crock pot stuff he can pour over rice and /or rice/beans! I skip the rice unless I'm in "detox" week - then I can have a little starch and usually opt for brown rice. I used to LOVE Emeril but for some reason and I'm not sure why - his "bam" is driving me batty. I do love that British gal Nigela! Something about her and her passion for food really gets me. Also love Giada - she's so beautiful and sweet.

I vote for a new dress!!!! Do you know if most people do cocktail type or gowns? I don't want to look freakish - if I choose a long dress - but I will be able to use it on the 2010 TransAtlantic too - so I'm thinking it might be nice for once. Since I'm not really a "dressy up" type person - I'm trying to step out of the box and grow a bit. Especially since my DH likes me to be girly... he's worth attempting to step out of the box for... thinking about taking some dancing lessons to - since he can cut the rug - anyone ever do that?
I've always done floor length gowns. No poofy ball gowns or anything like that. I've never felt like it was overkill. To me it's the only time I get to wear something like that. I wonder if I have a pic from the TA in '07 if not I'm sure I can find the dress at least.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #1627
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Ok, I don't have a pic of me in the dress (at least not here at work) but I was able to find a pic of the dress I wore on the TA in '07. It's black with gold glitter all over it and a gold band that goes around the neck.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1628
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Emily, I love that dress. Well done on the weight loss!!! You deserve a new dress.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #1629
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Emily, I love that dress. Well done on the weight loss!!! You deserve a new dress.
Thanks!!!! I love it too, but I do feel it's time for a new treat. I'll probably end up taking it with me on the Baltic cruise also since it's a longer cruise and I'll need more than one dressy dress.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #1630
skoi
DIS Veteran

We always overdress for formal night. I never get to dress up otherwise.

Congrats to all on the weight loss. I gained so much weight while dh was in Afghanistan. I wasn't exercising much and eating way too much junk. Now, I hope to lose some, but need to get started. He also gained weight and said the food they served was so bad, he ate a lot of pasta and bread. He would've been better off going off base to eat, but wasn't allowed.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #1631
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

I am definitely keen to dress up! I rarely do in my 'real' life and I too have shed some pounds since our last cruise - 24lbs since August 2008 and counting... So I think it's time to invest in a nice outfit...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #1632
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
I am definitely keen to dress up! I rarely do in my 'real' life and I too have shed some pounds since our last cruise - 24lbs since August 2008 and counting... So I think it's time to invest in a nice outfit...
Congrats on your weight loss!!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #1633
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Just wishing you all a...

Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #1634
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Good choice Karen!! We have Aristocats posters and toys in our master bedroom. It is one of our favorite movies!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #1635
crushonjessica
Mouseketeer

Hey jan just a little update: we are not from Willow Springs, IL.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: