Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #1606
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Just start saying those Hail Mary's and Our Fathers right now young lady...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #1607
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

duplicate post
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 05-06-2009 at 08:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #1608
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonjessica View Post
We are on this cruise. Right now it will be myself ( scott), my wife(carole) and our Daughter( Madison Rose " The Mad Rose"). We will be traveling with my in laws ( Jane and Jesse). My sister and cousin are planning to join us but no reservations have been made yet. This will be The Mad rose's first cruise ever so we are excited for her., and she can't wait to participate in her first Fish Extender.
So please add us to the first page. Look forward to seeing everyone.
WELCOME ABOARD

You must know the drill by now. Ask away and someone will answer.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #1609
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Welcome CrushonJessica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Yes, I already e-maild this to Dianne....now we just have to decide to pay the DCL price or book on our own for half the price and LIE about being on the Magic. I hesitate to do that because of hurricane season (and fibbing).

Ok, good - but I want to warn you - I sent her an email of that gown I was thinking about for formal night...she's freaking out now.... can you send her your photos of what you worn to formal night the last couple of cruises? Geez, I should have KNOWN better!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #1610
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Ok, good - but I want to warn you - I sent her an email of that gown I was thinking about for formal night...she's freaking out now.... can you send her your photos of what you worn to formal night the last couple of cruises? Geez, I should have KNOWN better!
I'm not even sure what I'm going to wear on formal night. I've lost some weight since our last cruise so I kind of want a new dress which I'll also use on next year's cruise, but I could probably still just wear the same old dress I've worn before. Decisions, decisions...

Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #1611
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Thanks Deb how is the WW going for you? You know what? I think it was you that said you weren't cooking much - but one thing I do that's really easy is stir fry and it's easy to control the "fat" - I use really good extra virgin olive oil and it cooks the veggies and meat just great. I got my pan at a restaurant wholesale place and love it! I also started watching the cooking shows (I know some folks think its boring) but it really helped me get over the "what do I do..." blues.

Now I can follow pretty much any recipe and have done a couple of Ida Gartens recipes that are more difficult and it has turned out fabulous! Of course there is no more Barefoot Contessa for me while I'm on my plan!

So far so good....but then again, I've just gotten started. Last week was my trial week so I went shopping and bought all good foods that are quick and easy. I was eating them while finishing up the last of the "bad" foods in the house. I didn't start tracking yet and when I weighed in a week later I still lost 3 lbs. This week I officially started but my weigh in is not until Friday morning.....so we'll see how I'm doing at that point. I feel good. So that helps.

I'm really not a cooker. John does any cooking in this house. Usually a crock pot meal over the weekend that we can eat during the week and then supplement with other foods. Last weekend he made boneless, skinless chicken breasts in chicken broth with tomatoes. It was delicious. He also made brown rice and red beans. It was easy to mix it up with veggies and fruits during the week.

Oh, John is an avid Food Network watcher. He really loves cooking. I only watch Emeril from time to time. I love your suggestion to try stir fry. I'll talk to John about it. Thanks.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #1612
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
I'm not even sure what I'm going to wear on formal night. I've lost some weight since our last cruise so I kind of want a new dress which I'll also use on next year's cruise, but I could probably still just wear the same old dress I've worn before. Decisions, decisions...

Hi Em....definitely go buy yourself a new dress as a treat for losing weight. You deserve it and it will make you feel good. Kudos!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #1613
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Hi Em....definitely go buy yourself a new dress as a treat for losing weight. You deserve it and it will make you feel good. Kudos!
Thanks Deb!!!! I'm definitely still thinking about it and still have some time to decide luckily.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #1614
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Question about Emerald Beach Best Western Resort

I'm trying to catch up on this thread (I'm in the page 35 area). I saw the link to the resort. It talks about great snorkeling, but the water sport rental price list does not show snorkeling equipment. Neither my wife, Joanie, nor myself have bought our own equipment yet, so I'm wondering if they have rentals. Any of you know?
Sam
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #1615
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

So far so good....but then again, I've just gotten started. Last week was my trial week so I went shopping and bought all good foods that are quick and easy. I was eating them while finishing up the last of the "bad" foods in the house. I didn't start tracking yet and when I weighed in a week later I still lost 3 lbs. This week I officially started but my weigh in is not until Friday morning.....so we'll see how I'm doing at that point. I feel good. So that helps.

I'm really not a cooker. John does any cooking in this house. Usually a crock pot meal over the weekend that we can eat during the week and then supplement with other foods. Last weekend he made boneless, skinless chicken breasts in chicken broth with tomatoes. It was delicious. He also made brown rice and red beans. It was easy to mix it up with veggies and fruits during the week.

Oh, John is an avid Food Network watcher. He really loves cooking. I only watch Emeril from time to time. I love your suggestion to try stir fry. I'll talk to John about it. Thanks.

Deb... if you look in the frozen section of the store you will find packages of stir fry already there - don't buy the ones with the sauce though... they have lots of calories and SALT... just get the regular one - just the veggies, fry with olive oil and use some of the soy sauce (freebie) to add some flavor... I add chicken or shrimp (which I fry separately with some soy sauce to keep the flavor so it doesn't get lost with the veggies....)

ALSO... if John grills... try making some skewers with some veggies and some meats and grill them up... or grill the veggies separately... I love them grilled... (I can't wait for the weather to warm up!!!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #1616
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
I'm trying to catch up on this thread (I'm in the page 35 area). I saw the link to the resort. It talks about great snorkeling, but the water sport rental price list does not show snorkeling equipment. Neither my wife, Joanie, nor myself have bought our own equipment yet, so I'm wondering if they have rentals. Any of you know?
Sam
I am not personally familiar with this place but would guess they have equipment. What I wonder is whether you can find a link to a CONTACT US on their site and send them a direct missive. If you do, please let us know the answer.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #1617
sssteele
DIS Veteran

It has taken a while, but I am FINALLY caught up with this thread. Took some time off for a nice trip and a cruise on another another line that shall remain nameless.

DH and I will be traveling alone, but would love to participate in the FE fun, SATS, and GOAA. May consider the CG-sounds like lots of fun and I have a tiara from a bridal shower I attended recently.

We are in cabin #6626, so it looks like some of you will be our neighbors. Scheduled for 2nd dining.

Staying at the Hilton Head resort for several days prior to cruise and the Radisson at Cape Canaveral the night before we board. Would love to meet up with people the night before.

The Emerald Hotel on St. Thomas is something we are considering at this point. Will have to investigate to see how close it is to where we will be docked. Would be interested in sharing transportation with others who may be doing the same.

DH will be wearing a dark charcoal suit rather than a tux. I would be pushing my luck too far with that. I will be dressy, but not in a dress. I'm more the fancy pants type of girl.

Good grief!! Did I cover everything I wanted to get in? Wanted to post a photo, but seems I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Maybe I'll talk to my son and try it again.

Thanks to all of youwho worked to get this thread set up and have kept it going while so many of us are just lurkers. Will try to do better.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #1618
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
It has taken a while, but I am FINALLY caught up with this thread. Took some time off for a nice trip and a cruise on another another line that shall remain nameless.

DH and I will be traveling alone, but would love to participate in the FE fun, SATS, and GOAA. May consider the CG-sounds like lots of fun and I have a tiara from a bridal shower I attended recently.

We are in cabin #6626, so it looks like some of you will be our neighbors. Scheduled for 2nd dining.

Staying at the Hilton Head resort for several days prior to cruise and the Radisson at Cape Canaveral the night before we board. Would love to meet up with people the night before.

The Emerald Hotel on St. Thomas is something we are considering at this point. Will have to investigate to see how close it is to where we will be docked. Would be interested in sharing transportation with others who may be doing the same.

DH will be wearing a dark charcoal suit rather than a tux. I would be pushing my luck too far with that. I will be dressy, but not in a dress. I'm more the fancy pants type of girl.

Good grief!! Did I cover everything I wanted to get in? Wanted to post a photo, but seems I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Maybe I'll talk to my son and try it again.

Thanks to all of youwho worked to get this thread set up and have kept it going while so many of us are just lurkers. Will try to do better.
Hi. You are just 2 doors away from us. John will be wearing a dark suit also, and I am not good at being formally dressy, so will have a nice dress on(I hope!!!)

Deb(EllaEnchanted) is organising a meal at Fishlips down near the port on the Friday night. I know there are a few going along, and I also know you would have a great time and meet some lovely people.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #1619
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Sam

Hi Sam.....me and my DH John are doing the Emerald Beach is that the resort that you're talking about? If they don't mention that they have the equipment, they probably don't. But I have no idea. Why don't you email them and ask?

John and me always bring our own snorkel and mask....no fins....it's easier to pack that way. I got them for a steal at the following site and would highly recommend them: http://www.snorkel-mart.com/

BTW, we're practically neighbors. I'm in the Pocono Mountains and have been to Hershey Park loads of times. We love it there. Maybe we could do a mini DIS meet some time before our cruise.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #1620
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Deb... if you look in the frozen section of the store you will find packages of stir fry already there - don't buy the ones with the sauce though... they have lots of calories and SALT... just get the regular one - just the veggies, fry with olive oil and use some of the soy sauce (freebie) to add some flavor... I add chicken or shrimp (which I fry separately with some soy sauce to keep the flavor so it doesn't get lost with the veggies....)

ALSO... if John grills... try making some skewers with some veggies and some meats and grill them up... or grill the veggies separately... I love them grilled... (I can't wait for the weather to warm up!!!)

Excellent ideas Michelle. I'll have to make sure I mention them to John over coffee on the weekend. Sounds like a great plan.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: