Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #1591
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Welcome aboard to the new cruisers.

I just realized dh and I will be on our romantic post-deployment vacation when our time to make advance reservations comes up! I can see it so clearly, I'll be telling him, "GET AWAY FROM ME. I'M TRYING TO BOOK BRUNCH AT PALO!"

On the cruises with three days at sea, do they offer brunch all three days? We've only done one Eastern cruise, and we didn't book brunch for that one.

And I think oldest dd saw me reading the board, and might have guessed we're actually sailing Disney, and not Carnival. I hope not, because I really want to keep them in the dark until we turn into the Disney lot.

Julie
Brunch is served on all three sea days, so pick your best sea day.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #1592
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonjessica View Post
We are on this cruise. Right now it will be myself ( scott), my wife(carole) and our Daughter( Madison Rose " The Mad Rose"). We will be traveling with my in laws ( Jane and Jesse). My sister and cousin are planning to join us but no reservations have been made yet. This will be The Mad rose's first cruise ever so we are excited for her., and she can't wait to participate in her first Fish Extender.
So please add us to the first page. Look forward to seeing everyone.
It's great to have you traveling with us!!!!

I Love You
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #1593
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Update - news flash

I'm down 18lbs as of today!!!!! I WILL get to my goal by 9/12 .. I will I will

my new motto ...

MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #1594
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post

my new motto ...

Way to go!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #1595
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
Way to go!!!!

Thank you - I've found that celebrating each step is way helpful and thanks for the kudos!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #1596
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Wanted to make sure you guys are catching some of the info that is coming in on this thread regarding Tortola.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164298

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #1597
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Wanted to make sure you guys are catching some of the info that is coming in on this thread regarding Tortola.

Thank you oh wise SISTAH.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #1598
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Jackie!!! I was wondering if there was any information from them yet.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #1599
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
We should have a chronic pain support group at the Cove. It always helps me to know how others are coping with the pain, and change in lifestyle. It doesn't matter what the cause of the pain or problem is, when you have to deal with something day after day-it takes a huge toll on you, especially when you may "look" fine to others.....Vicki

That sounds like an awesome idea. Kaz, anybody else, want to join us. Specialty coffees and pastries to help us discuss our ways of coping and living with pain of any kind. It's a date Vicki.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #1600
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

my new motto ...

You can DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! You're doing so great, just keep it going. Congrats!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #1601
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Thank you - I've found that celebrating each step is way helpful and thanks for the kudos!

You deserve it, you have earned it.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #1602
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

Thanks Jacks.....can't wait to check it out. Did anything make you want to change any plans that you have?

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #1603
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

For YOU JACKIE

JACKIE _ from the TORTOLA THREAD - There are stairs to walk down to the platform (there is a handle to hold on to). The platform is a little slippery but nothing to worry about. My mom had a total knee replacment on New Year's Eve and had no problem walking down the stairs or on the platform. You will meet hte trianer and your dolphin (mine was Calypso). You will all get to pet him, them you will get to have him kiss you, then you kiss him then do a little dance with him. Then you will swim out and have him come to you so you can ride in with him. Then our group did a splash game with him, danced with him and a few other things. My mom can not tread water that long because of her knee,so she stayed on the platform and the trainer had Calypso come to her and she was able to do more things with him so she won't feel left out.

Sounds like this will be fine for Dianne.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #1604
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Thanks Deb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

You can DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! You're doing so great, just keep it going. Congrats!

Thanks Deb how is the WW going for you? You know what? I think it was you that said you weren't cooking much - but one thing I do that's really easy is stir fry and it's easy to control the "fat" - I use really good extra virgin olive oil and it cooks the veggies and meat just great. I got my pan at a restaurant wholesale place and love it! I also started watching the cooking shows (I know some folks think its boring) but it really helped me get over the "what do I do..." blues.

Now I can follow pretty much any recipe and have done a couple of Ida Gartens recipes that are more difficult and it has turned out fabulous! Of course there is no more Barefoot Contessa for me while I'm on my plan!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #1605
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
JACKIE _ from the TORTOLA THREAD - There are stairs to walk down to the platform (there is a handle to hold on to). The platform is a little slippery but nothing to worry about. My mom had a total knee replacment on New Year's Eve and had no problem walking down the stairs or on the platform. You will meet hte trianer and your dolphin (mine was Calypso). You will all get to pet him, them you will get to have him kiss you, then you kiss him then do a little dance with him. Then you will swim out and have him come to you so you can ride in with him. Then our group did a splash game with him, danced with him and a few other things. My mom can not tread water that long because of her knee,so she stayed on the platform and the trainer had Calypso come to her and she was able to do more things with him so she won't feel left out.

Sounds like this will be fine for Dianne.
Yes, I already e-maild this to Dianne....now we just have to decide to pay the DCL price or book on our own for half the price and LIE about being on the Magic. I hesitate to do that because of hurricane season (and fibbing).

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: