Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #1576
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Absolutely....let's get together at the cove cafe over some good coffee and compare notes. It is definitely a pain but not only in the butt....it's painful everywhere. My rheumatologist tried a pain patch which worked great....until I developed a rash and couldn't use it. He told me that I was probably allergic to the adhesive. But while I used it for a day or so I remember saying to myself....I forgot what it felt like to be normal again. I'm so conditioned to feeling pain daily that I don't even notice it much. I realized how bad I was when I wore that patch. Of course, some days I have flare ups and then I feel it big time. I find that rest helps. I have to schedule days off in between activities. If I go on a vacation, I have to take steroids to sustain activities for the entire vacation. But I can't remain on them so I only do them once or maybe twice a year temporarily. It's definitely a lifestyle change where I have to work within my limitations. We'll talk in more detail onboard. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
That really struck a chord with me, Deb! I know it's not the same at all but I have very severe psoriasis and dealing with it completely rules my life to the extent that I have definitely forgotten how it feels to be, at best, discomfort-free. Drugs help but the severe side effects have an impact all of their own so I'm back to finding other ways of coping... I feel for you and Vicki, I really do...

We should have a chronic pain support group at the Cove. It always helps me to know how others are coping with the pain, and change in lifestyle. It doesn't matter what the cause of the pain or problem is, when you have to deal with something day after day-it takes a huge toll on you, especially when you may "look" fine to others.....Vicki
Old 05-03-2009, 05:27 AM   #1577
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm4379 View Post
DH and I will be on the DCL Sept 12th cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise, but 1st 7 day and 2nd without the DD (8,5,&3).
aboard!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #1578
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
DH and I will be on the DCL Sept 12th cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise, but 1st 7 day and 2nd without the DD (8,5,&3).
Welcome to the cruise and Welcome to the Disboards!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #1579
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Hi and welcome.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #1580
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
WELCOME ABOARD

You will see yourselves listed alphabetically by DIS name on page 1, post 1. The * means you have checked in and are sailing with us. Those with no * are left from the first thread and have not checked in on this thread so we do not know if they are still coming.

You can see from other listings what info some people have shared. That is up to you. If you post it here, I will move it there.

Post 2 is photos of some of us. That too is optional.

Read the info in posts 1 and 2 and then start posting your info and questions here. Someone in this group will know the answer or will help you find it.

HAPPY PLANNING!!
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #1581
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Welcome newbies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Did you pick out for me the same thing I picked out for you?

I've spent most of today reclining...fighting off some kind of crud and I MUST get everything ready tomorrow for my vacation so I'm going to need some energy for that...packing, pedicure, hair color, shopping and straightening the house up a bit. I should be able to get to some of that tonight as I am finally feeling better after TWO naps!
I haven't made any choices yet... it would be funny if we got the same thing though!!!
Quote:
PEGGY....here's a tip about the Kennedy Space Center:

"One tip I had learned from this board is that your state representative's office receives a certain number of free tickets to KSC every year. If you call your rep's office and ask about them they may send some to you if they have any left. I told my parents about this and they called and put a request in and a month or so later received 2 free passes that they used prior to cruising in January. They spent the day prior to the cruise at KSC and really enjoyed it."

I posted this in case I forget to tell you later this weekend....

Thanks sister- I will check into that! What a great tip!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1582
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

True - so very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
If that is it, then I am OK, I have those from different years even. But if there is something new about DCL--I want it
Boy do I get that!!!! I remember my first cruise when Jackie was already a Castaway Cay member - I was so excited to get my "card"!!!! Now I love getting stuff in the mail - and I cannot wait to see the gifts sitting on the bed when we arrive!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #1583
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Boy do I get that!!!! I remember my first cruise when Jackie was already a Castaway Cay member - I was so excited to get my "card"!!!! Now I love getting stuff in the mail - and I cannot wait to see the gifts sitting on the bed when we arrive!
Did you get the tote from our December 3 day, or did we give that to Pam?

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1584
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

I was just thinking that!

Quote:
Did you get the tote from our December 3 day, or did we give that to Pam?

So funny you mention that - because I was just thinking about "where on earth did I put that tote"... I found it! It was in my office closet with my "other totes"...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #1585
CustardTart

Probably because I have sooo much other stuff to do right now, I've written our pre-trip report...

Here's link for anyone who's interested...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #1586
crushonjessica
Mouseketeer

Le Crewe De Mad Rose

We are on this cruise. Right now it will be myself ( scott), my wife(carole) and our Daughter( Madison Rose " The Mad Rose"). We will be traveling with my in laws ( Jane and Jesse). My sister and cousin are planning to join us but no reservations have been made yet. This will be The Mad rose's first cruise ever so we are excited for her., and she can't wait to participate in her first Fish Extender.
So please add us to the first page. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #1587
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonjessica View Post
We are on this cruise. Right now it will be myself ( scott), my wife(carole) and our Daughter( Madison Rose " The Mad Rose"). We will be traveling with my in laws ( Jane and Jesse). My sister and cousin are planning to join us but no reservations have been made yet. This will be The Mad rose's first cruise ever so we are excited for her., and she can't wait to participate in her first Fish Extender.
Cool!!! More cruisers!!!

aboard, Scott and family!!! Nice to have you with us...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #1588
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the group!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #1589
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Welcome!

Quote:
WELCOME ABOARD!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #1590
skoi
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard to the new cruisers.

I just realized dh and I will be on our romantic post-deployment vacation when our time to make advance reservations comes up! I can see it so clearly, I'll be telling him, "GET AWAY FROM ME. I'M TRYING TO BOOK BRUNCH AT PALO!"

On the cruises with three days at sea, do they offer brunch all three days? We've only done one Eastern cruise, and we didn't book brunch for that one.

And I think oldest dd saw me reading the board, and might have guessed we're actually sailing Disney, and not Carnival. I hope not, because I really want to keep them in the dark until we turn into the Disney lot.

Julie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: