Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #1561
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
[B][COLOR=purple].....

What exactly is this "travel kit?" I already got the book with all the little stickers in it and the CD - is this something new?

That sounds neat. Tell me more!
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #1562
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaC View Post
On Sunday Sept 6th, I'll be doing the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon. Flying to Orlando on Monday the 7th, meeting my husband half way there at DFW. We're spending 5 nights at Animal Kingdom Villas and then boarding the Magic for our first Disney Cruise. Celebrating our 30th Anniversary.
Welcome aboard

You are now listed on post 1, page 1 of this thread. The * means you are booked and have been in contact recently. Those with no * are left from the first thread and have not checked in yet.

You will notice what kind of information others have shared and are free to share as much or as little as you choose. Post it here and I will move it there. If you see an error, let me know by PM or post in the thread.

The first two posts on page 1 tell about the group, some resources we have discovered over the months, photos of some of us, etc.

Have a great time planning!
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 05-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #1563
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
That really struck a chord with me, Deb! I know it's not the same at all but I have very severe psoriasis and dealing with it completely rules my life to the extent that I have definitely forgotten how it feels to be, at best, discomfort-free. Drugs help but the severe side effects have an impact all of their own so I'm back to finding other ways of coping... I feel for you and Vicki, I really do...

Hi Kaz....Sorry to hear that you're living with the pain too. Maybe you could try one of the pain patches that I can't use. They're non-narcotic and really work well. You have to be so very careful with pain killers. If you're going to be on them for any length of time, they have to be non-narcotic. Gentle hugs to you!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #1564
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazelton View Post
we are also celebrating an anniversary as well but we are lightweights compared to you guys .... only 10years here.

I have a question for you veterans out there. Is it possible to book a spa treatment for the Mrs without her knowing about it? She was the one who booked the cruise and i wondered if Disney would contact her if there was any changes made.

thanks
Greg
CONGRATS ON 10 YEARS! Shows commitment! Good for you.

I added that to your bio on page 1, post 1.

I hope someone answered about the spa because I have no clue, never been.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #1565
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi Jan....hope you're have a good day off today. Is your weather good?

Thanks for doing such a great job of organizing everyone. You're the best!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #1566
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Does anyone know how many disers are on this cruise??? Jan???

I'm ready to order my fish extender gifts and I'm not sure how many to get?

I do not have a count as such, but that is why I set up page 1 post 1 as it is. You can go there to see how many families have indicated an interest in Fish Extender gifting. It is listed after the names in bold type FE

Also, a post about it now and then to get the ball rolling is reasonable. Go for it!

Quote:
OK I'm thinking about ordering my fish extender gifts today. I get 20% off if I order within 3 days. I counted FE participants listed on page one....adding all the additional family members in multiple cabins....figuring high end.....I came up with approximately 25. I thought I might order 50 just to be safe and cover new people who will be joining us between now and Sept.

What do you all think? Is this a good number to go with?
ETA: Sounds like you did it after you posted and before I did. Sounds like a good plan (spoken by one who is not involved.....)

Last edited by JLSE50; 05-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #1567
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlovesdisney View Post
I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim
WELCOME ABOARD
You are now on page 1 post 1
* means you are definitely going and have checked in on the thread
The other info was gleaned from your post. Check out what others have shared and decide what more you might want to add, then post it here or PM me and I will add it.

Keep asking questions about SATS and FE and people involved in those events will tell you what is going on.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #1568
JLSE50

Quote:
Hi Jan....hope you're have a good day off today. Is your weather good?

Thanks for doing such a great job of organizing everyone. You're the best!
Thank you

We are resting and reading in our recliner chairs--enjoying a sunny day through the south facing windows of our third floor condo.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #1569
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

The original Disney Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
That sounds neat. Tell me more!
Jan
Are you asking about that original packet that comes, with the little brown book and CD? Its the first thing you get when you sign up for the cruise. This last travel packet is a little different, in that its more like a little "folder" for you to carry items with you on the ship and has Shore Excursion info, Quick Tips for smooth Sailing..." it is cute and you can pull the entire booklett apart and separate the sections - I like the "Gift" section... as I have to order some special treats for my family! After all, when they turned 50 they didn't have to plan for an entire CRUISE - but I have a feeling they will LOVE this sailing with family business... I'm so excited I could just spit!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #1570
JLSE50

Quote:
Are you asking about that original packet that comes, with the little brown book and CD? Its the first thing you get when you sign up for the cruise. This last travel packet is a little different, in that its more like a little "folder" for you to carry items with you on the ship and has Shore Excursion info, Quick Tips for smooth Sailing..." it is cute and you can pull the entire booklett apart and separate the sections - I like the "Gift" section... as I have to order some special treats for my family! After all, when they turned 50 they didn't have to plan for an entire CRUISE - but I have a feeling they will LOVE this sailing with family business... I'm so excited I could just spit!
We booked while on the Panama Canal cruise with Jackie. I have no recollection of a brown book or a CD when we booked this cruise or any other. The packet that most of us have recieved recently is somehting I know about.

I am sure your family will enjoy celebrating your birthday with you. Your excitement is contagious!! :
Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #1571
KayR
DIS Veteran

Maybe they are talking about the vacation planning book & CD. You can order one on the DCL website. We ordered one before our first cruise to get the kids interested in the cruise and familiar with the kids clubs (important to us to try and get our 3yo ready for the clubs).

--Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #1572
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
- I like the "Gift" section... as I have to order some special treats for my family! ......... I'm so excited I could just spit!
Did you pick out for me the same thing I picked out for you?

I've spent most of today reclining...fighting off some kind of crud and I MUST get everything ready tomorrow for my vacation so I'm going to need some energy for that...packing, pedicure, hair color, shopping and straightening the house up a bit. I should be able to get to some of that tonight as I am finally feeling better after TWO naps!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #1573
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Maybe they are talking about the vacation planning book & CD. You can order one on the DCL website. We ordered one before our first cruise to get the kids interested in the cruise and familiar with the kids clubs (important to us to try and get our 3yo ready for the clubs).

--Kay
If that is it, then I am OK, I have those from different years even. But if there is something new about DCL--I want it
Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1574
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

PEGGY....here's a tip about the Kennedy Space Center:

"One tip I had learned from this board is that your state representative's office receives a certain number of free tickets to KSC every year. If you call your rep's office and ask about them they may send some to you if they have any left. I told my parents about this and they called and put a request in and a month or so later received 2 free passes that they used prior to cruising in January. They spent the day prior to the cruise at KSC and really enjoyed it."

I posted this in case I forget to tell you later this weekend....

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #1575
wmm4379
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Smile We'll be on the 12th of Sept Disney cruise

DH and I will be on the DCL Sept 12th cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise, but 1st 7 day and 2nd without the DD (8,5,&3).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: