Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #1546
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Thank you for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed reading and that it bought back happy holiday memories for you too...

We are still booked on the Baltic cruise but I'm 99.99% certain we will cancel as we've started to think seriously about other equally exciting but rather cheaper options for June 2010...
Everyone keeps leaving us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlovesdisney View Post
I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim
Welcome to the group!!!! You'll have a great time.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #1547
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone, just a thought - do the first batch of Tortola cruisers get off the Magic tomorrow..???
I can hardly wait to read their reports

Quote:
I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim
Welcome

Kathe

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #1548
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Hello and aboard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Yes they do...and they've already been given instructions to start posting information THE MINUTE they get back!
Oooh how exciting!!! Can't wait to read their conclusions - I need to know which excursions to choose...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #1549
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
Everyone keeps leaving us.
Awww sorry!!! Would love to be onboard but there's a 14 night trip to Malaysia feeding baby elephants and orangutans that is coming in at half the cost - and that's with business class trave! It's my dream...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #1550
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Welcome kimlovesdisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I just made $100!

Transferred my reservation to Peg's TA. Got a nice little OBC.

WOW - great for you!!! So very happy for you...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #1551
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Good Morning Tortolans!

Kathe PM'd me asking if there was any more room at our table for High Tea. I said yes, we're booking a table for four and there's me and Stacy and Vicki. Now Kathe is going to join us too. I'm so excited. I'll try to book our second sea day....on Monday.

Sunday, our first sea day I'm going to try to schedule the Champagne Girls.

So that will be.....first full day at sea, Champagne Girls at 2pm.

Second full day at sea, High Tea with Stacy, Vicki, Kathe and me.

Hope it works out. Now that I'm paid I want to book everything. I have 6 more weeks to wait. Oh brother.
Sounds good-thanks Deb. I hope we can talk about fibromalgia on board, It has been a major pain in every imaginable definition of the word "pain". Vicki
Old 05-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #1552
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Sounds good-thanks Deb. I hope we can talk about fibromalgia on board, It has been a major pain in every imaginable definition of the word "pain". Vicki

Absolutely....let's get together at the cove cafe over some good coffee and compare notes. It is definitely a pain but not only in the butt....it's painful everywhere. My rheumatologist tried a pain patch which worked great....until I developed a rash and couldn't use it. He told me that I was probably allergic to the adhesive. But while I used it for a day or so I remember saying to myself....I forgot what it felt like to be normal again. I'm so conditioned to feeling pain daily that I don't even notice it much. I realized how bad I was when I wore that patch. Of course, some days I have flare ups and then I feel it big time. I find that rest helps. I have to schedule days off in between activities. If I go on a vacation, I have to take steroids to sustain activities for the entire vacation. But I can't remain on them so I only do them once or maybe twice a year temporarily. It's definitely a lifestyle change where I have to work within my limitations. We'll talk in more detail onboard. I'm looking forward to it.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #1553
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

OK I'm thinking about ordering my fish extender gifts today. I get 20% off if I order within 3 days. I counted FE participants listed on page one....adding all the additional family members in multiple cabins....figuring high end.....I came up with approximately 25. I thought I might order 50 just to be safe and cover new people who will be joining us between now and Sept.

What do you all think? Is this a good number to go with?
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #1554
jship210
DIS Veteran

It's getting Closer!
We just bought our MNSSHP tickets.....
SS Norway 1985, 86',87'Big Red Boat 1989 Dolphin CL 1990 B.C. (Before Children) Disney Wonder 2005, , Magic, 2006 , 2007, Feb 2008, E Bound Panama Canal Pirates Repo Aug 08 Sept.12th 2009 25th Anniversary Cruise, January 10,2010 (completed) My 1st Disney Marathon ,July 11,2010 Wonder Double Dip, July 19, 2011 Wonder Alaska, May 2012 Disney Dream!2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler,October 2014 Disney Magic 30th Anniversary Cruise,Jan. 2015 Magic, Forget the Winter Blues Cruise,

Last edited by jship210; 05-02-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #1555
skoi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww sorry!!! Would love to be onboard but there's a 14 night trip to Malaysia feeding baby elephants and orangutans that is coming in at half the cost - and that's with business class trave! It's my dream...
Wow, seriously? My kids would kill me if I canceled our Med cruise, but I'd love to go to Malaysia.

Julie
Old 05-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #1556
skoi
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the insurance as well. I'll put dh to work on it because I'm feeling sick. Sick enough that I don't even feel like planning for the trip.

Julie
Old 05-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #1557
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Thanks for the info on the insurance as well. I'll put dh to work on it because I'm feeling sick. Sick enough that I don't even feel like planning for the trip.

Julie

Sorry to hear that Julie....that's really sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #1558
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

I'm so conditioned to feeling pain daily that I don't even notice it much. I realized how bad I was when I wore that patch. Of course, some days I have flare ups and then I feel it big time. I find that rest helps. I have to schedule days off in between activities. If I go on a vacation, I have to take steroids to sustain activities for the entire vacation. But I can't remain on them so I only do them once or maybe twice a year temporarily. It's definitely a lifestyle change where I have to work within my limitations. We'll talk in more detail onboard. I'm looking forward to it.
That really struck a chord with me, Deb! I know it's not the same at all but I have very severe psoriasis and dealing with it completely rules my life to the extent that I have definitely forgotten how it feels to be, at best, discomfort-free. Drugs help but the severe side effects have an impact all of their own so I'm back to finding other ways of coping... I feel for you and Vicki, I really do...
Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #1559
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Jackie...check these out - not sure if better prices or not...

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/sea...=CAR&lcode=EIS
I have copied this to page 1 post 1 under TORTOLA
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #1560
CustardTart

Quote:
Wow, seriously? My kids would kill me if I canceled our Med cruise, but I'd love to go to Malaysia.
Seriously, Julie! I was idly browsing the Interval International getaway section of their website (we are Gold members through a timeshare we have in Spain) and discovered a gorgeous resort which seemed not too expensive. So I priced the trip up for June 2009 and was astonished at the amazing vacation DH and I could have for half the cost of the DCL Baltic cruise - including flights, sightseeing in Kuala Lumpur, visiting an orang utan orphanage in Borneo, an elephant sanctuary and spending all-important time by beach...

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better asap...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: