Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #1531
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Deb,
First of all, I would love to do tea at Palo's if you have space at the table. I will be trying for brunch and tea also.

Secondly, believe it or not, but after applying for my refund from the trip insurance several times, talking repeatedly to my health insurance company, copying my entire packet of information concerning the fall and sending it to the health ins.co.several times via registered mail.....I have received absolutely NO REIMBURSEMENT from my any one. I think the problem was..the trip ins. people wanted documentation from my health ins. that they were not going to pay for my bills. ( I'm sure they knew all along since it happened in Mexico) Then it took forever to get a denial from my health ins.
co.(which I just got last week) So, I have submitted that to the trip ins. people, and we will see if I ever get paid. I think the insurance people try to delay payments as long as they can, hopeing that people will give up, or die before they have to pay. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!! Vicki
Vicki, was this the DCL insurance? I am trying to decide what to do about insurance now, as I want to pay off my cruise soon while the Canadian dollar is fairly high

Kathe

Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #1532
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hi Vicki

don't give it up right... I am sorry to heard that problem and hope you manage to sort it out ....

are you both still go to Baltic Cruise?

thinking of you both...

Scottishwee35

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for the thoughts. Beth said that you said "Hi" when we saw her in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. We are still booked on the Baltic, but unless something drastic happens, I don't think we are going on the cruise. It just cost too much with this current economy!!!! We will have to wait and see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Wow Vicki, I didn't know that you paid it out and then they "reimburse" you. I thought that you wouldn't have to pay, just give them the insurance info and they bill the insurance company. This is good to know.

Don't give up....you will get it eventually. I can't believe it's a year already and you're still not reimbursed. I agree. They do it intentionally.

Well I already paid for it so I'll keep my trip insurance and just hope for the best. At least I'll have someone to fight for it if I need it. It's got to be better than not having any insurance.

Thanks for the heads up.

Deb,
Yes, you have to pay the bill(s) yourself, and submit them all to the trip ins., and they decide if they will pay! To be honest, I think one of the delays was my fault. I kept getting letters from the trip ins asking me if I had turned my bills into my own health ins. I just ignored them at first, because I thought that I had to turn in my info to the trip ins. first, and if there was something they did not cover-THEN I turned it into my own ins. NO-NO-NO- I finally called them and was informed that I had to turn in my bills to my own ins,and whatever they did not cover-I turned into the trip ins. to see if they would cover it. I thought ..WHY should my own ins. even be involved if I had bought the trip ins to protect me on vacation? I also think part of the problem is that I am on Medicare because I have Fibromyalgia, and other things. Nothing is simple with Medicare.
In my personal opinion, I would NOT get the trip ins. for the health ins. only EVER AGAIN!!! But we are going to get it again just because you never do know what will happen, and the fact that we are sailing during hurricaine season makes me feel like we should get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Doesn't that so remind you of the scene in Incredibles where Mr Incredible is working for an insurance company because he can't be a super hero. "I wish I could help you but I can't..."

-Keep at 'em!

--Kay
Kay,
I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope no-one here works for an insurance co.I have NEVER had a positive experience with an insurance company. I hope that changes one day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #1533
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
We booked with a different TA this time,and we can't remember the name of the trip insurance company we usually use, so if anyone has a recommendation, we'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
Julie

Hi Julie, I went to http://www.***************** and compared all the types of policies offered until I picked one that met my needs. Good luck shopping.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #1534
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for the thoughts. Beth said that you said "Hi" when we saw her in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. We are still booked on the Baltic, but unless something drastic happens, I don't think we are going on the cruise. It just cost too much with this current economy!!!! We will have to wait and see...

Deb,
Yes, you have to pay the bill(s) yourself, and submit them all to the trip ins., and they decide if they will pay! To be honest, I think one of the delays was my fault. I kept getting letters from the trip ins asking me if I had turned my bills into my own health ins. I just ignored them at first, because I thought that I had to turn in my info to the trip ins. first, and if there was something they did not cover-THEN I turned it into my own ins. NO-NO-NO- I finally called them and was informed that I had to turn in my bills to my own ins,and whatever they did not cover-I turned into the trip ins. to see if they would cover it. I thought ..WHY should my own ins. even be involved if I had bought the trip ins to protect me on vacation? I also think part of the problem is that I am on Medicare because I have Fibromyalgia, and other things. Nothing is simple with Medicare.
In my personal opinion, I would NOT get the trip ins. for the health ins. only EVER AGAIN!!! But we are going to get it again just because you never do know what will happen, and the fact that we are sailing during hurricaine season makes me feel like we should get it.

Wow Vicki, I have fibro too....among other things. Fortunately John's job has good insurance.....so until he retires I'm covered by them. I am eligible to be covered under Medicare though. And I certainly do agree that I have never had an easy transaction with any health insurance company. They are the worst.

Kay,
I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope no-one here works for an insurance co.I have NEVER had a positive experience with an insurance company. I hope that changes one day.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #1535
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Hi everyone!

Happy to report we have just received our "Ready To Cruise" package!!!

And believe me, I am MORE than ready to cruise!!! I spent yesterday finishing off a quick A-Z trip report from August 2008 when we cruised the Mexican Riviera and, after recalling all those great memories, I am desperate to get back to the Magic...

Here's a link to the report if anyone would like it...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #1536
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Hi everyone!

Happy to report we have just received our "Ready To Cruise" package!!!

And believe me, I am MORE than ready to cruise!!! I spent yesterday finishing off a quick A-Z trip report from August 2008 when we cruised the Mexican Riviera and, after recalling all those great memories, I am desperate to get back to the Magic...

Here's a link to the report if anyone would like it...

What a lovely photos and it is a great memory.... You all look lovely family!!
it brought back my memory too with all this Cruise and Universal Studios as we were lucky that an interpreter met us then gave us free past for quick queue.... I have lots of photos too and will make it up later....

Are you still on Baltic Cruise?

Thank for showing it...

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #1537
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Good Morning Tortolans!

Kathe PM'd me asking if there was any more room at our table for High Tea. I said yes, we're booking a table for four and there's me and Stacy and Vicki. Now Kathe is going to join us too. I'm so excited. I'll try to book our second sea day....on Monday.

Sunday, our first sea day I'm going to try to schedule the Champagne Girls.

So that will be.....first full day at sea, Champagne Girls at 2pm.

Second full day at sea, High Tea with Stacy, Vicki, Kathe and me.

Hope it works out. Now that I'm paid I want to book everything. I have 6 more weeks to wait. Oh brother.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #1538
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
What a lovely photos and it is a great memory.... You all look lovely family!!
it brought back my memory too with all this Cruise and Universal Studios as we were lucky that an interpreter met us then gave us free past for quick queue.... I have lots of photos too and will make it up later....

Are you still on Baltic Cruise?

Thank for showing it...

Scottishwee35
Thank you for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed reading and that it bought back happy holiday memories for you too...

We are still booked on the Baltic cruise but I'm 99.99% certain we will cancel as we've started to think seriously about other equally exciting but rather cheaper options for June 2010...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #1539
CustardTart

Hey everyone, just a thought - do the first batch of Tortola cruisers get off the Magic tomorrow..???
Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #1540
kimlovesdisney
Kim loves Disney

Tortola here we come 9/12/09

I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #1541
KayR
DIS Veteran

FE are fun. My kids love coming back to the room to find what goodies have arrived during the day.

You can make your own FE or buy one. I bought one from Ebay (shipped from Taiwan). If you search Fish Extender and/or Pocket Hanging Organizer you should get some choice. I found this Mickey Mouse one under Pocket Hanging Organizer - its similar to one I bought a couple of years ago.

There are instructions on the DIS on how to make both sew and no sew FE. You can also just use something simple like canvas bags tied together. It doesn't have to be fancy! Just make sure it is not too wide (there is only a certain amount of room to hang the FE)

On out last cruise, we all just chose one night to hand out the goodies. There was no set schedule, you worked the delivery into your own schedule. It worked out, we had something every day. Other cruises have set a schedule. Some have grouped up when there were a large number of DISers on the cruise and something like 140 FE to deliver to!! Our cruise is not that big, so we should be fine.

--Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #1542
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Hey everyone, just a thought - do the first batch of Tortola cruisers get off the Magic tomorrow..???
Yes they do...and they've already been given instructions to start posting information THE MINUTE they get back! I kept meaning to look and see if anyone was doing a live trip report, but haven't done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlovesdisney View Post
I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim
WELCOME!

to the cruise and the DISboards!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #1543
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlovesdisney View Post
Hi there and welcome!!!

You are going to have a brilliant time!!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #1544
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Hi there and welcome!!!

You are going to have a brilliant time!!!!
I see you are taking a break from the parks and checking in on your cruise threads! Hug all my friends when you see them Sunday!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #1545
KayR
DIS Veteran

Just had a call from our CC company. Someone tried to use our ccard number today. Luckily the CC Company's early warning system picked it up, but we now have the hassle of closing our account, waiting for new cards to arrive and carefully checking our accounts (not that I don't anyway, but now I need to double and triple check!)

Just means I will have to use my Disney Visa more - Better sign up for those 5x rewards then!

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: