Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:24 AM   #1516
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
WE ARE PAID IN FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH & I are paid in full and you better believe that on June 14th, I will be praying, trying, begging, pleading, and hoping I get to make some Palo reservations!!

High Tea & Dinner!!!

Hi Stacy....WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! What a feeling!!!

I just paid my balance in full also. Now let's pack!!! hahaha.

I will be online at DCL's site at midnight on June 13th to book excursions, spas and Palo. I'm sure I'll have to deal with the fishes again, but it's a necessary evil.

I'm booking brunch and high tea at Palo's. Does anybody want to join me for tea??? John doesn't want to do go, but I do.

Kathe, Cheri, any takers???

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #1517
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Just bought WDW tickets for after cruise and trip insurance for the cruise. Can we leave now??? I'm ready.

This is my first time buying trip insurance. I just remember Vicki on my last cruise.....she fell and broke her wrist on an excursion in Mexico. I thought to myself....me and John are not getting any younger and anything could happen. I got some medical coverage. For $72 total for both me and John I got $500,000 medical with 0 deductible and it includes emergency evacuation. All prior conditions included. It also gives you $50,000 for accidental death. I think it's well worth it....just in case.

I bought two 7 day park hoppers with no expiration so me and John can play at the parks after cruise to wein us off of the mouse. I just can't stand the thought of going straight home after mickey's ship.

My hotel before and after cruise is booked and my car rental from home is booked. We're driving down and back with a stop overnight each way.

I love driving because I can bring anything I want and don't have to worry about packing suitcases to conform with airline rules.

I have just one more night to spend with the fishes and then I'm so done with prepping for this trip. It's time to GO!!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #1518
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

For those of you that are unfamiliar with THE FISHIES....you're very lucky. I did the WB PC repo in May 08 and we had about 400 disers on the cruise. At 90 days out we were all online chatting and trying to book our advanced ressies to palo, spa and excursions. But everytime you clicked on anything to go anywhere on the site to place those ressies the site locked and you saw the message....please wait while we are processing your request....and the fishies would swim into a mickey shape over and over and over again. It took me from midnight until 6:30 the following morning to get all my ressies booked. And I was one of the lucky ones to get everything that I wanted and it was correct....but we all shared a night with the fishies....we were dising in another window while we waited....you should read those pages!

When DCL started getting flooded with emails and phone calls they immediately changed the fishies logo to mickey snorkeling. I suppose that's what we'll get to look at this time.

We did have a good laugh though when somebody on our cruise gifted our fish extenders with a reminder of the fishies logo....a magnet I think. It was very funny.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 04-29-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #1519
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Just bought WDW tickets for after cruise and trip insurance for the cruise. Can we leave now??? I'm ready.

I bought two 7 day park hoppers with no expiration so me and John can play at the parks after cruise to wein us off of the mouse. I just can't stand the thought of going straight home after mickey's ship.

My hotel before and after cruise is booked and my car rental from home is booked. We're driving down and back with a stop overnight each way.
I've still got trip insurance to buy...figure I'll take care of that while I'm in Chicago with Dianne next week. Also have to buy park tickets...will discuss that with Cheri next week, as I have the mousesavers newsletter code for a slight discount. And I'll do final payment in June...or at least after my May billing cycle on my Disney Visa. I'll need that 6 mos. at zero interest so don't want that charge to show up yet. Pesky doctor bills have to be taken care of first.

Still have to transfer my reservation over to Peg's TA and get a little more on board credit. I need to do that soon...before final payment.

Also need to nag sister Dianne to make sure she's booked her flights. We still need to arrange for ME for her arrival day.

Also have to arrange group transport to the port from WDW...won't work on that till after the 90 day mark though.

Peg's got all her hotels/transport booked and is paid up also. Don't know if they've booked trip insurance yet, I'd better check with her on that.

OK.....guess I've still got stuff to do, so no packing for me yet!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #1520
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will be online at DCL's site at midnight on June 13th to book excursions, spas and Palo. I'm sure I'll have to deal with the fishes again, but it's a necessary evil.

I'm booking brunch and high tea at Palo's. Does anybody want to join me for tea??? John doesn't want to do go, but I do.

Actually now it's scuba Mickey!!!

We've got to sit down and start thinking about excursions and when we want to do Palo. 105 days is May 30, that's a month away.

What time can you start booking again? Is it midnight EST? So that would be 11 pm for me. At least it's not 3 in the morning anymore.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #1521
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Wonder how Monica is enjoying her Baltic cruise?

Wonder where Wood is right now?

Wonder if I'm ever going to get out the door and go to work....

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 04-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #1522
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Congrats all those PAID IN FULL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I've still got trip insurance to buy...figure I'll take care of that while I'm in Chicago with Dianne next week. Also have to buy park tickets...will discuss that with Cheri next week, as I have the mousesavers newsletter code for a slight discount. And I'll do final payment in June...or at least after my May billing cycle on my Disney Visa. I'll need that 6 mos. at zero interest so don't want that charge to show up yet. Pesky doctor bills have to be taken care of first.

Still have to transfer my reservation over to Peg's TA and get a little more on board credit. I need to do that soon...before final payment.

Also need to nag sister Dianne to make sure she's booked her flights. We still need to arrange for ME for her arrival day.

Also have to arrange group transport to the port from WDW...won't work on that till after the 90 day mark though.

Peg's got all her hotels/transport booked and is paid up also. Don't know if they've booked trip insurance yet, I'd better check with her on that.

OK.....guess I've still got stuff to do, so no packing for me yet!

Hey sister! Yes I got trip insurance through my TA. It was a little more expensive but I figured it was worth it because at the time I couldn't even "think"... I have started making "lists" of clothing required for the little man.. (my DH) and I won't worry about me until it gets close as I won't be the same size... OH BY THE WAY...

I'm DOWN 16 POUNDS SO FAR!!!! WEHOOOO HOOOOEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Wonder how Monica is enjoying her Baltic cruise?

Wonder where Wood is right now?

Wonder if I'm ever going to get out the door and go to work....

I sent a PM to Woodster - no reply yet, but I bet they are having a most WONDERFUL time.

Congrats to all who have paid, and those who are now starting to pop in, ask questions and say "HEY"! I'm so relaxed at work now I got so many little "after meeting" things done and now am working on a new customer presentation for a gas company we work with in the IL area...

I hope everyone is having a great Hump day!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #1523
ibouncetoo

I just made $100!

Transferred my reservation to Peg's TA. Got a nice little OBC.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #1524
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Deb,
First of all, I would love to do tea at Palo's if you have space at the table. I will be trying for brunch and tea also.

Secondly, believe it or not, but after applying for my refund from the trip insurance several times, talking repeatedly to my health insurance company, copying my entire packet of information concerning the fall and sending it to the health ins.co.several times via registered mail.....I have received absolutely NO REIMBURSEMENT from my any one. I think the problem was..the trip ins. people wanted documentation from my health ins. that they were not going to pay for my bills. ( I'm sure they knew all along since it happened in Mexico) Then it took forever to get a denial from my health ins.
co.(which I just got last week) So, I have submitted that to the trip ins. people, and we will see if I ever get paid. I think the insurance people try to delay payments as long as they can, hopeing that people will give up, or die before they have to pay. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!! Vicki
Old 04-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #1525
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Deb,
First of all, I would love to do tea at Palo's if you have space at the table. I will be trying for brunch and tea also.

Secondly, believe it or not, but after applying for my refund from the trip insurance several times, talking repeatedly to my health insurance company, copying my entire packet of information concerning the fall and sending it to the health ins.co.several times via registered mail.....I have received absolutely NO REIMBURSEMENT from my any one. I think the problem was..the trip ins. people wanted documentation from my health ins. that they were not going to pay for my bills. ( I'm sure they knew all along since it happened in Mexico) Then it took forever to get a denial from my health ins.
co.(which I just got last week) So, I have submitted that to the trip ins. people, and we will see if I ever get paid. I think the insurance people try to delay payments as long as they can, hopeing that people will give up, or die before they have to pay. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!! Vicki
Hi Vicki

don't give it up right... I am sorry to heard that problem and hope you manage to sort it out ....

are you both still go to Baltic Cruise?

thinking of you both...

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #1526
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:

Me Me Me!!!! I want a High Tea!!!! Ive never done it, and Andy doesn't care if he does or Not So if you can get one Add me and if I can get 1 Ill add you... Lets hope between the two of us, somehow we get a High Tea ressie..

As for Brunch, if there is a whole Dis group brunch, Count me in!!!

I'm not real worried about excursions, cause we have never had a problem booking those while on board, we always do parasailing on CC and a snorkel trip on any Islands.. well, I don't parasail..

Spa.. do you believe this is our 10th Disney cruise and I have Never had any type of Spa treatment I just can't seem to force myself to spend so much $$ on a luxury for myself..

I Love You
Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #1527
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Deb,

Wow Vicki, I didn't know that you paid it out and then they "reimburse" you. I thought that you wouldn't have to pay, just give them the insurance info and they bill the insurance company. This is good to know.

Don't give up....you will get it eventually. I can't believe it's a year already and you're still not reimbursed. I agree. They do it intentionally.

Well I already paid for it so I'll keep my trip insurance and just hope for the best. At least I'll have someone to fight for it if I need it. It's got to be better than not having any insurance.

Thanks for the heads up.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #1528
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Deb,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Me Me Me!!!! I want a High Tea!!!! Ive never done it, and Andy doesn't care if he does or Not So if you can get one Add me and if I can get 1 Ill add you... Lets hope between the two of us, somehow we get a High Tea ressie..

As for Brunch, if there is a whole Dis group brunch, Count me in!!!

I'm not real worried about excursions, cause we have never had a problem booking those while on board, we always do parasailing on CC and a snorkel trip on any Islands.. well, I don't parasail..

Spa.. do you believe this is our 10th Disney cruise and I have Never had any type of Spa treatment I just can't seem to force myself to spend so much $$ on a luxury for myself..

I will make a ressie for 4 for high tea. That's the most they will allow you at a table. We have 3 so far, anyone else want to join Vicki, Stacy and me???

I would love to do a group Diser brunch too, but I don't think anyone has organized it yet. Are there any others who want to do this?

We have our excursions picked out already. We used to do the snorkel trips but then John decided that he doesn't want to snorkel off of a boat. So we tried a hotel on the beach with a pool in Cabo and he loved it. We'll do that on St. Thomas. We're doing a DCL excursion and taking a sea and bus tour on Tortola. We'll just go to Serenity Beach on CC.

John does the hot stone massage at the Spa. I have pain everywhere and the massages just hurt me more. I used to enjoy them before I got sick. Everyone now says to do the rain forest room. We bought one day passes last cruise to check it out, but we never got there. We'll try it this time hopefully. I hear the tile loungers are the rage.

Does anyone know how many disers are on this cruise??? Jan???

I'm ready to order my fish extender gifts and I'm not sure how many to get?

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #1529
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Deb,

Doesn't that so remind you of the scene in Incredibles where Mr Incredible is working for an insurance company because he can't be a super hero. "I wish I could help you but I can't..."

-Keep at 'em!

--Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #1530
skoi
DIS Veteran

We booked with a different TA this time,and we can't remember the name of the trip insurance company we usually use, so if anyone has a recommendation, we'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
Julie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: