Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 05:25 AM   #1381
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

I have has my card for many years and have never got an e-mail from Visa.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #1382
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

Sandi

Yes, you can do that. At least that is what I have been told time and time again. That you can add it with no problem to an existing reservation as long as you meet all the requirements - like when you're going, length of stay, park tickets included, have to stay onsite, etc. I already have my ressies done for my dates in Sept.
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #1383
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I'm really new when it comes to Disney reservations, etc., so bear w/me I was wondering, could I just make a MYW reservation for our dates in Sept, and then if/when FD is announced add that to our reservation? TIA
Yes you can as long as they still have rooms available. they only slot a certain number of room for FD
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #1384
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm really new when it comes to Disney reservations, etc., so bear w/me I was wondering, could I just make a MYW reservation for our dates in Sept, and then if/when FD is announced add that to our reservation? TIA
Yes, you may modify a current Package. But you may be limited to what resorts, views, room preferences are in the sale, so have a 2nd. and 3rd. choice for rooms.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #1385
zuzu310
DIS Veteran

Morning all! Where the heck is our code? Let me guess...the rumor's wrong? Oh that will so ruin my day.
May 2004-Off-site Honeymoon, June 2005-Day Trip to MK, Sep 15-19 2005-CBR, Mother-Daughter Trip, Sep 9-15, 2006-CSR Just Hubby and Me!, Sep 8-15, 2007-CSR Dad's First Trip Ever at 51!, Aug 30-Sep 6 2008-CSR Free Dining Again!, Sep 5-12 2009-CSR Free Dining Trip w/SIL, BIL, and DH!, Sep 13-17 2010-First Time@ Pop Century/Pregnant w/our little Mousketeer, Sep 11-16 2011-Free Dining@ POP , Sep 9-16 2012-Baby Aiden's First Trip!!!, Sep 8-15 2013 Free Dining@POP/Pregnant w/our 2nd Mouseketeer! May 11-15 2014-10 Year Anniversary Trip NO KIDS! Aug 31-Sep 7 2014 Aiden's special "I'm a Big Brother" Trip@POP!

zuzu310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #1386
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!! Someone at Disney is probably having a good laugh at all of us today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
By max. nights allowed, I mean the most nights they'll let you book under 1 reservation. I'm pretty sure there's a limit, and I'm thinking it's 10 or 14 nights. I'm not sure about the $200 DP, for some reason I was thinking you could get that back up to your 45 days out, but I could be totally wrong. Anyone know for sure??
Yes I believe this is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Maybe it won't be released until the 30th that maymake more sense! Then it would be released to General Public on or around April 6th!!! Because Disney Visa holders usually get a full week more than the GP! It's a pretty good chance. We'll see what happens. Then the current promo would be over the buy 4 get 3!
Unfortunately, I agree with this post, and I fall into the general public category! But in the past, the dates have been similiar I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfEmployedDebtFree View Post
To all newbies and those worried about your resort preference!!!
Here's my 2 cents. I've been a lot, (not NEARLY as much as some here, but a LOT.) I've stayed at all the value resorts many times each.
My 2 cents is don't sweat it. You can have a bad experience at the Pop, and a good experience the next year at an A.S. resort. OR vise versa. Sometimes the pixie dust is in fate or destiny! We had one trip in particular I remember that we stayed at POP Century and it... well... it sucked! The AC wouldn't work right, the maintenance man couldnt get it working right, and our son (angry autistic and heat makes him angry) was miserable because the temps in the room were a lot more than we were used to at home. The service stunk, and the staff were all rude and hateful. Lines were long, and the food court had bad service and frequent shortages of drinks and icees. It was a real bummer. But that was ONE time, and we've had at least 7-8 other stays there where we had a blast and everything went great! We've also had an AWESOME stay at All Stars Sports, despite the fact that No one in our family is even the least bit interested in sports in general. I'd go as far as to say I'm "anti-sports" to a certain degree, but we LOVED the place!!!! We've had both amazing and horrible experiences at AS Movies, and both great and "just OK" experiences at AS Music.
My point is dont be all disgusted (though its easy to do... and I'm seriously guilty of it myself in times past) if you dont get the resort you want!
Just make the best of wherever you end up, and everything will be fine!
My slogan is a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work.
Anyways that's my 2 cents.
Thanks for posting that!
It's hard to be patient sometimes, last night I was reading up on moderate resorts incase I don't get a value, and thinking geez can I afford this. It's nice to have a reminder that I hopefully will still get a value if I'm willing to change from my first pick of POP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljw1960 View Post
Well, I don't know about the rest of you die-hards, but I'm going to bed. I'm usually up late anyway, so I figured I'd keep checking for the big announcement. I think they are torturing us on purpose. lol
anyway, I guess I'll just check again in the morning. sweet dreams all you free dining fans...

I agree, someone over there is getting a good laugh at us!

Quote:
You can but it would not be guaranteed that you will be able to add on free dining in the resort you are booked at, you may have to be flexible with which resort you want to stay at.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:37 AM   #1387
RysMomma
Mouseketeer

I couldn't agree with you more that Disney is having a good laugh at us this morning!! Man, I was so excited! I woke up, checked my email and saw I had gotten an email from Disney Rewards. I swear, I feel like I never get emails from Disney Rewards! However, all it was for was a discount at The Disney Store. I was SO bummed! Oh well! Kind of feel a bit stupid calling my TA yesterday saying there was a "rumor" but oh well! Maybe that'll make her keep her ear out there even more. =)

RysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #1388
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

max nights

I am pretty sure that the max nights for their specials is 14 nights. The reason I say this is because I was lucky enough to get a 40% off pin code this year and have already applied that to my ressie (I know I will have to sacrifice that to get FD). But, anyway, they would only let me use it for 14 of my 16 night stay. The other two nights had to be a seperate ressie and they could not be reduced. AND, they told me there is a possibility that I may even have to switch rooms after my 14 night stay is up!!
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #1389
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get me to Disney! View Post
I am pretty sure that the max nights for their specials is 14 nights. The reason I say this is because I was lucky enough to get a 40% off pin code this year and have already applied that to my ressie (I know I will have to sacrifice that to get FD). But, anyway, they would only let me use it for 14 of my 16 night stay. The other two nights had to be a seperate ressie and they could not be reduced. AND, they told me there is a possibility that I may even have to switch rooms after my 14 night stay is up!!
If you are planning on purchasing the DDP anyway, you should see which one is the better deal for you, you can always change it. I'm booked in on the 40% off too, but I think it might be better deal on FD. Maybe you could break it up into 13 days in one ressie and 3 in the other and at least get 3 days FD. Don't know if this is a good deal either, you'd have to do all the math.

But anyway! I did want to say 16 days in the WDW. You lucky duck! Have a great time.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 AM   #1390
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

still nothing............

I guess I will wait until 7. If nothing posts, I will give up checking until lunch.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #1391
thunderbird1
DIS Veteran

4 am here on the left coast!

Any code yet? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I don't see anything here, on mousesavers, touringplans, or the official WDW web site yet.

Survivor of Experiment 6/26: 6 parks in 1 day 6/26/12!
thunderbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #1392
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

Nothing yet!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #1393
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1 View Post
4 am here on the left coast!

Any code yet? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I don't see anything here, on mousesavers, touringplans, or the official WDW web site yet.
No, nothing has posted yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 AM   #1394
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

It's weird that Touringplans and AAA Canada would BOTH get it wrong.

Although, DISunplugged said Monday.

Argh.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #1395
RysMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
It's weird that Touringplans and AAA Canada would BOTH get it wrong.

Although, DISunplugged said Monday.

Argh.
Did DISunpluged say Monday for Visa Card holders or just to the general public?

RysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: