Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #841
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share my experience with Free Dining from last year-

We went to Free Dining last year the third week of Nov (through the Disney Visa offer), and we loved it! We'd never been for free dining or any other time other than May or June, and it was so great! The crowds were very light, many Christmas decorations were up, and the we weren't exhausted by the end of the day from heat! It was very unseasonably cold (I'm talking record lows of like 30 degrees), but even with that we all thought that it was the best visit we'd had! I'd definitely recommend it!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #842
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with Free Dining from last year-

We went to Free Dining last year the third week of Nov (through the Disney Visa offer), and we loved it! We'd never been for free dining or any other time other than May or June, and it was so great! The crowds were very light, many Christmas decorations were up, and the we weren't exhausted by the end of the day from heat! It was very unseasonably cold (I'm talking record lows of like 30 degrees), but even with that we all thought that it was the best visit we'd had! I'd definitely recommend it!
We are going the week after Thanksgiving and hoping for free dining, b/c the of the economy and b/c Disney seems to be extending and extending their promotions...my question is.. with regards to the Disney Visa...My MIL has one, we do not, we are all staying in the same room at the ASMusic in a suite, I know that all of the people staying in the room must be on the same dining plan, so what happens if the free dining is only offered to Disney Visa card holders?

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #843
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
We are going the week after Thanksgiving and hoping for free dining, b/c the of the economy and b/c Disney seems to be extending and extending their promotions...my question is.. with regards to the Disney Visa...My MIL has one, we do not, we are all staying in the same room at the ASMusic in a suite, I know that all of the people staying in the room must be on the same dining plan, so what happens if the free dining is only offered to Disney Visa card holders?
That would mean she is the only one with the code, but can book for the entire room if she's in the room with you (and she might be able to book up to three rooms? I don't remember exactly, I could be wrong). If they only allowed it to work for people who had a Disney Visa, that would mean that if a person had it, their spouse and kids couldn't eat free. You should be fine if she's in the same room.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #844
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Last September Disney Destinations sent out some emails that offered free dining pin codes for select dates 9/28-10/11, 11/9-11/22, 12/14-12/20/08 . These emails were random, not for the general public, and the codes were non-transferrable. About two weeks after that Disney Visa sent out a free dining code for their card holders for the same select dates in October, November and December. Those pin codes were not part of the regular Fall Dining promotion and there was no general public fd code offered for any of those dates. If Disney Visa runs this kind of promotion again, and you want to include your relative, then you would need to book the package. You can usualy book up to three rooms with this promo.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #845
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
It might be. If you look at the hotel pricing chart, you can guarantee that any time that is "value season" is less crowded than "regular season," or any other season for that matter.

We find Sept. to be great for crowds.
Use smart tactics like being there at opening, avoiding EMH (am and pm), and using fastpasses.
I disagree. You say to be there at rope drop, yet avoid am EMH. Wouldn't it be better if they were actually in the park already at rope drop? If you can get up early enough, take advantage of am EMH. Most people find it easier to stay up late than wake up early. That is why pm EMH are always much busier than am EMH. The unofficial guide doesn't suggest am EMH because it's assumed that the average person won't get up early enough to enjoy them. If you are not average and can swing it, then do it......You will get a lot of touring out of the way early. P.S. I would avoid pm EMH.
DaParkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #846
wdwmoxie
Mouseketeer

What is the Disney Dining package?

- What is ADR?

- What is FD?

- What is the disney dining package?

- how does the disney dining package work per person?

- Can you survive on this package for 3 or 4 days?

- are there any disadvantages?
wdwmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #847
mom2two2
Mouseketeer

I have a question about booking Free Dining if/when they announce it.

So the day it becomes available I assume the trick is to call right away when phones open (is that 7:00 am FL time?). What if you want to try booking online? Would an icon appear at a certain time on the Disney site? I am wondering what would be a better bet.

Thanks
mom2two2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #848
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
You only have to order a one day ticket for each person to receive free dining (days based on the number of nights you are staying)
What about annual pass holders. Would you still have to purchase a separate ticket?
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #849
DaParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmoxie View Post
- What is ADR? Advanced Dining Reservation. They are recommended for EVERY table service meal.

- What is FD? Free Dining

- What is the disney dining package? A magic your way package with dining. It consists of at least 3 nights in a WDW resort, at least a 1 day ticket, and the dining plan.

- how does the disney dining package work per person? The dining plan consists of 1 counter service meal, 1 Table service and 1 snack for each night of your stay at a WDW resort. They do not have to be used that way, though. You can use as many or as little of your credits on a daily basis as you see fit.

- Can you survive on this package for 3 or 4 days? Yes

- are there any disadvantages? If you get free dining, most would say NO. But, some people don't like having to make ADR's and feel like they take away from their vacation. If you have to pay, then you'll have to do the math and figure that out for yourself.
Hope this helps a little. I'm sure more people will give you more detailed answers.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #850
DaParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsnn3 View Post
What about annual pass holders. Would you still have to purchase a separate ticket?
Yes
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #851
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaParkers View Post
I disagree. You say to be there at rope drop, yet avoid am EMH. Wouldn't it be better if they were actually in the park already at rope drop? If you can get up early enough, take advantage of am EMH. Most people find it easier to stay up late than wake up early. That is why pm EMH are always much busier than am EMH. The unofficial guide doesn't suggest am EMH because it's assumed that the average person won't get up early enough to enjoy them. If you are not average and can swing it, then do it......You will get a lot of touring out of the way early. P.S. I would avoid pm EMH.

If you can be there when EMH starts, then it does benifit you. What they mean is that the park with EMH for the day in general just stays busier all day long. Even the ones who were too tired to get up in time for the EMH had already plotted to be there that day and still go.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #852
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaParkers View Post
No, I meant don't go to the EMH park at all that day.
Definately DON'T go to the AM EMH park if you sleep in!!!!
Actually, we have gone to AM EMH several times,
but parkhopped after lunch because it gets so crowded.
If you don't have parkhoppers,
don't EMH unless you are willing to put up with the afternoon crowd.
We've done one PM EMH, but didn't stay long because the kids were tired.
It was packed.
If you can stay very late, the crowds thin out
and I have heard it can be great for accomplishing a lot in a short time.
Our kids are still too little.

Thanks for having me clarify!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #853
Disneymom2266
Never enough Disney!

Hi Everyone! I keep hearing of this free dining. How does it work,and how to you go about getting it? Can you go anywhere you want for dinners? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I am hoping for a girls trip in September.

1986 first trip offsite,1988 offsite disneymoon,1994 AllStarSp, 1995 ASM,1999 ASMO,2001 CBR, 2002 OKW,2004 weathered Hurricane Charley at POP,2005 POP and DCL,2006 BWV,2007 HHI, 2008 OKW, HHI July2009!,BWV 2010
Disneymom2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #854
Disneymom2266
Never enough Disney!

Another question I have is... I am a DVC member, and will be booking my room through points. I do have a Disney Visa card, so... can I still book the free dining for my whole party, even if we stay on points, and I am the only Disney Visa holder? I have never seen anything like this with my Visa statements, how do you know about the promo?

1986 first trip offsite,1988 offsite disneymoon,1994 AllStarSp, 1995 ASM,1999 ASMO,2001 CBR, 2002 OKW,2004 weathered Hurricane Charley at POP,2005 POP and DCL,2006 BWV,2007 HHI, 2008 OKW, HHI July2009!,BWV 2010
Disneymom2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #855
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
No, I meant don't go to the EMH park at all that day.
Definately DON'T go to the AM EMH park if you sleep in!!!!
Actually, we have gone to AM EMH several times,
but parkhopped after lunch because it gets so crowded.
If you don't have parkhoppers,
don't EMH unless you are willing to put up with the afternoon crowd.
We've done one PM EMH, but didn't stay long because the kids were tired.
It was packed.
If you can stay very late, the crowds thin out
and I have heard it can be great for accomplishing a lot in a short time.
Our kids are still too little.

Thanks for having me clarify!

If you have little ones and can commit to being there at EMH rope drop, and plan to skip out late AM, then it is GOLDEN! You can get more done in that first hour sometimes than you can in the rest of the day!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: