Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #706
spider0215
Mouseketeer

Count me in on the going crazy part. I will have no nails by time I book.This is my first time going to Disney and wouldn't even know about free dining if not for this site. I've given my self a deadline to book by April 15th. Hopefully we will know by then.
spider0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #707
Tomh
DIS Veteran

Thanks DisneyMom5, I believe I will add her now. As for POR, you are correct, not all the rooms have the trundle. The rooms in the Alligator Bayou section all do, but the mansions do not. There is no additional charge for the trundle.
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #708
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh View Post
Wow, it would be so much easier if we knew NOW whether she was going to be able to go or not. If only everyone could see how important it is to plan out trips more than three days in advance.
That's the same problem I'm having with DBF's parents. He's talking to them right now, explaining that airfare is really low (it went down 20$ overnight), and there are only a few seats left, and that I can only afford one round-trip ticket on my debit card right now (I was rejected for my first credit card because of a lack of credit history.. no duh!), and my parents aren't booking it for me because I'm supposed to be self-sufficient.. so they have to buy his ticket for him - but they (his parents) don't get that at all. They think you can just book and plan these vacations in a week.

...These are also the people who decided a month ago that they wanted to go to Mexico next week, during Spring Break, and that it would be "no problem" to get passports a week before.
Am I the only one who plans these things out this early, or are they just stupid?
(I know that's a rhetorical question, but.. I just need other people to agree that I'm not crazy wanting to book airfare now while it's low!)

To make this on topic: thank you to everyone who told me that I should book the airfare now, regardless of free dining. I have the 40% off, so I might just apply that and change it if (when!) the time comes.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #709
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider0215 View Post
I was thinking of going through Dreams unlimited, they say if discounts come up after you book they will get them for you.. Does anyone know if this includes free dining? I'm getting impatient and want to get booked but don't want to have to rebook if I do it myself and then free dining comes up. HELP
We booked with AAA last year in January and mentioned we were hoping for free dining and she said no problem if it comes out they can change our booking. That is exactly what she did. I was not taking any chances since they open up later in the morning so I called and booked direct with Disney and once AAA opened up I called my agent and she said she already got it booked. Than I called Disney back and cancelled that booking. I only stayed with AAA for the promotion that they ran back in Jan as well as for the additional benefits. You should not have a problem doing this through Dreams either.

Good luck.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #710
elizflynn
Mouseketeer

How do you go about getting free dining? I'm going Sept 21st-Sept 26th and wondering if this applies then?

1993-GF
1994 Dixie Landings
1995 Dixie Landings
1996 GF
1997 BWI
1998 Poly
1999 CBR
2000 Dixie Landings
2009 BWV
2011 YC
2012-POR

elizflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #711
KKB
DIS Veteran

Well, DBF's parents are right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
That's the same problem I'm having with DBF's parents. He's talking to them right now, explaining that airfare is really low (it went down 20$ overnight), and there are only a few seats left, and that I can only afford one round-trip ticket on my debit card right now (I was rejected for my first credit card because of a lack of credit history.. no duh!), and my parents aren't booking it for me because I'm supposed to be self-sufficient.. so they have to buy his ticket for him - but they (his parents) don't get that at all. They think you can just book and plan these vacations in a week.

...These are also the people who decided a month ago that they wanted to go to Mexico next week, during Spring Break, and that it would be "no problem" to get passports a week before.
Am I the only one who plans these things out this early, or are they just stupid?
(I know that's a rhetorical question, but.. I just need other people to agree that I'm not crazy wanting to book airfare now while it's low!)

To make this on topic: thank you to everyone who told me that I should book the airfare now, regardless of free dining. I have the 40% off, so I might just apply that and change it if (when!) the time comes.
You CAN plan trips on very short notice--and you will pay through the nose unless you are entirely flexible w/ plans (in other words, will go anywhere for a good deal on short notice). Even passports can be had on short notice for a VERY premium price.

But you, like many of us here, LIKE to plan ahead--both for the pleasure of the planning as well as knowing the earlier we plan, the more likely we will find the best price. (I had hoped to NOT book our flight until after free dining is (hopefully) announced; but the night we booked prices dropped literally while we booked the resort, so we had to jump. Guess we are going either way!)

I say book your end of the trip; tell BF to book his OWN ticket so you can get the good price.
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)

Last edited by KKB; 03-13-2009 at 07:57 AM.
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #712
KKB
DIS Veteran

Hopefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizflynn View Post
How do you go about getting free dining? I'm going Sept 21st-Sept 26th and wondering if this applies then?
within the next month WDW will make an announcement of free dining; it has been for the last week (s) of August through Sept (possibly the first week of Oct) the last 3 years. The announcement has been made in early April, first offered to Disney VISA holders, then about a week later to the general public. There are a limited supply of rooms at each resort for this deal. But most of us go ahead and book, hoping to adjust our reservations if free dining is announced.

Keep your eye here--it WILL show up here as SOON as it is announced!
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #713
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizflynn View Post
Last year free dining ended on September 20th.
You might need to check in a day earlier if the same dates apply.
Bounce Back went into October this year but last years regular free dining
did not extend as far out as Bounce Back.
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #714
aday
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
AAA isn't officially applying 2 discounts. AAA does get cheaper rates buying in bulk. So that is a discount to AAA that they choose to pass on to their customers. WDW also allows them to apply free dining to their packages. THAT is the Disney discount.
Hmmm...makes me wonder...should go check out the rate AAA could get for me...
(Just checking that I am reading this right...you were charged $1937 for room & park passes, but you did not add dining at this time?)

***Interesting thing to note...2 years ago we booked our value room w/ a 40% off PIN; decided a bit later that we did want to add dining & they balked, saying it was 2 discounts! Now, I spoke to a supervisor, and said, seriously, you DON'T want me to add $180/day to our package??!! Needless to say, they made the change. SO they CAN get fussy. Hopefully w/ the economy the way it is, they should be LESS fussy!
Sears also does the samething here in canada
aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #715
Funnyguy
Earning My Ears

WDW hurting too..will we even see the free DDP?

Saw this article this morning. Wonder if we'll see the free DDP with Disney hurting too in the economy?

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/o...4.html?s=smc:3
Funnyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #716
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

I've been wondering myself how bad Disney is hurting... I mean I know they extended their buy 4, get 3 free deal to March. It was suppose to end at one time at the end of December. Then they extended it to the end of January maybe? AND now it is extended until like the end of March. I wonder if it will be noticeable when we go in May...
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #717
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

The deals you are seeing are to generate park attendance and to fill the rooms. The free dining is just another method of doing that.

Although there are no guarantees, I would be shocked if they didn't offer either Free Dining or another generous package type discount in September (remember Free Dining really is just a % discount).
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #718
carolinacubillospc
Earning My Ears

Just suscribing to be informed.
carolinacubillospc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #719
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbleib1 View Post
We booked with AAA last year in January and mentioned we were hoping for free dining and she said no problem if it comes out they can change our booking. That is exactly what she did. I was not taking any chances since they open up later in the morning so I called and booked direct with Disney and once AAA opened up I called my agent and she said she already got it booked. Than I called Disney back and cancelled that booking. I only stayed with AAA for the promotion that they ran back in Jan as well as for the additional benefits. You should not have a problem doing this through Dreams either.

Good luck.
Kinda along the same lines... We have a trip booked through AAA, but I don't want to take any chances either (like making sure we get the resort ect. we want) so I'd like to call myself as soon as FD is available. Can I do this? Can I add it myself by calling Disney to my already existing package, even though it's through AAA, or is the only way to do it, is to make a whole new reservation? TIA!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #720
rznhal
DIS Veteran

subscribing...thanks for all the great info!!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: