Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #691
PinkPrincess4Ever
Mouseketeer

You are correct. Can only use 1 pin/code at a time.
PinkPrincess4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #692
KKB
DIS Veteran

That is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Tell me if this makes sense to you...or if I am crazy.

Last year, my family went during the free dining period in September. When we got there, there was the bounceback offer of free dining this year. YAY for us! I will have my mother, husband and then 22 month old with us. I decided to go with CBR pirate room, 6 day non park hopper, no waterpark, 7 night trip. Total 2210. I thought I was getting a deal. 9/19-9/26.

Turns out that when I got my membership to AAA, they offer Disney packages. The same package is $1937 without the free dining. The AAA tells me that if free dining becomes available to call her back and she will book it for me for the $1937. How is AAA getting it cheaper than DISNEY? I call WDW and they tell me it's because they get it in bulk...someone help me... is this all correct?
AAA isn't officially applying 2 discounts. AAA does get cheaper rates buying in bulk. So that is a discount to AAA that they choose to pass on to their customers. WDW also allows them to apply free dining to their packages. THAT is the Disney discount.
Hmmm...makes me wonder...should go check out the rate AAA could get for me...
(Just checking that I am reading this right...you were charged $1937 for room & park passes, but you did not add dining at this time?)

***Interesting thing to note...2 years ago we booked our value room w/ a 40% off PIN; decided a bit later that we did want to add dining & they balked, saying it was 2 discounts! Now, I spoke to a supervisor, and said, seriously, you DON'T want me to add $180/day to our package??!! Needless to say, they made the change. SO they CAN get fussy. Hopefully w/ the economy the way it is, they should be LESS fussy!
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!
2/26-3/2/15 WDW All Star resort w/ DD: dance team comptetition
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #693
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

How much is a AAA membership? It might just be worth getting to get the deal on WDW

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #694
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh View Post
Thanks for the quick answer KKB! We'll be staying at POR (knowing that is the only moderate that can accommodate 5, and it's a bit cheaper than the ASM family suite), so the room capacity won't be a problem.
Make sure you book a trundle room, and I believe it is an extra cost. Not all POR are for 5.
It would benefit to add her initially, rather on trying to later and not being able to get a room for 5. We dropped someone no problem our last free dining trip.

Re: AAA: it has been mentioned many times over the years that they can do the Disney sale, or their discount, but not both. So don't plan on both the discounted price and free dining. Double check what they are telling you about the bounceback costing more than theirs. Perhaps they are missing an option, such as parkhoppers, or whatever.

Happy planning everyone!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #695
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
I have gone every year for the last 3 years and I have never been offered anything like that Is it just for Americans?
Nope, not just for Americans. We went to WDW for the first time last October. There was a bounceback Free Dining offer page in our room (but we were stoopid and didn't book it ).
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #696
Kimmy2Disney
Can't wait to be back in the world!!

About Bouncebacks...

Last year we were there during free dining and had 3 different rooms with family and friends.. Only 2 of our rooms had actual bounceback paper offers in them.. It could be that the housekeeping staff neglected to replace the offer when turning around a room for a new party, or that the hotel simply did not have enough copies run off.. but if you call the front desk and specifically ask them about it they will make certain you get the offer in your room, or just tell you to stop by and pick one up. That's what they did in our case, but we ended up not booking it then anyway. It never hurts to ask as long as you are there and intersted in it-- Because they would rather book your next vaca. while you are still on property and feeling that disney magic, haha!

Kimmy2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #697
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
How much is a AAA membership? It might just be worth getting to get the deal on WDW
I just mine yesterday, for $51 dollars, it included me and my husband. Like I said, the difference was $300, so, I have a year membership and will save 249.

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #698
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Just checking that I am reading this right...you were charged $1937 for room & park passes, but you did not add dining at this time?

This is correct!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #699
NJRA
Mouseketeer

Ok I can't take it any longer..... Will they just release Free Dining already if there going to offer it this year. I'm going crazy checking the boards all day every day!!!!!!
NJRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #700
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRA View Post
Ok I can't take it any longer..... Will they just release Free Dining already if there going to offer it this year. I'm going crazy checking the boards all day every day!!!!!!
NJRA. They will release it. Don't drive yourself crazy. Think Happy thoughts, and like magic. Booking time will be here.

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #701
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

Quote:

LOL i totally agree!!! I feel the same way!! everyday i spend about hour talking to my mom about it saying-- it should be soon-- my husband thinks im nutts-- i book the trip he just pays the bill and goes for the delicious good of course

deslynnpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #702
NJRA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
NJRA. They will release it. Don't drive yourself crazy. Think Happy thoughts, and like magic. Booking time will be here.
lol I needed to hear that! We were just in WDW this past NOV. and usually only can afford to go to the world every other year, BUT our DD is 3yr. old and has not stopped talking about WDW since we've been back so..... if Free Dining is released for this Sep. I think we can swing another trip. I must say Disney is a much different experence with our DD than it has been with our DS8. I think little girls just seem to get into the whole thing so much more, and are much more dramatic about it.
NJRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #703
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

NJRA I soooo feel your pain
I am on here everyday. I want to book my trip now but really want to ensure that free dining happens!

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #704
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keep looking it should be really soon! Rumors should be all over here in the next couple weeks!
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #705
meljw1960
Mouseketeer

you are not alone!! I check several times a day. OH, who am I kidding??? MANY times a day to see if anyone knows ANYTHING. lol
we booked already, but we haven't booked our airfare yet and I just talked to my son tonight about it, the rates are good right now. he says "I'm not booking airfare until we know for sure about the free dining" so I have to wait. its driving me CRAZY!!! last year, I swore, I would jump on a bounceback offer if I got one. we had two rooms and neither room got a bounceback offer . so here I am, sitting and waiting for the big announcement ONCE AGAIN!! at least we all have each other to understand our addiction.

one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote