Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #676
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHB70 View Post
We were there the week of October 15 last year (the week of Columbus Day), and free dining did not apply to our stay.

Thanks I am going anyway...saving money would be better though I am almost positive my last trip in 03, was free dining and it was the sames dates.

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #677
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
Thanks I am going anyway...saving money would be better though I am almost positive my last trip in 03, was free dining and it was the sames dates.
Yes, we went anyway also. We went with friends, and that was the only dates they could go. Free dining would have been a great thing!
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 AM   #678
Tomh
DIS Veteran

I have a question about the free dining. I WAS going to call WDW to ask, but time and time again I've read posts here about CM's giving out the wrong information, so I figured I'd just get the right answer here to begin with

We're booked for room and tickets for Aug 23rd through Sept 5th. Right now, it is DW, DD14, DS5, and me. DD's best friend may be coming along for the trip, but we aren't certain yet, and don't know exactly when we will be certain (Not knowing make the compulsive planner in me just sick ).

So then, my question is: If April 1 comes around, Free Dining is offered, and we get it, would it be a problem later on (say perhaps May, or early June) to add another person to our package?

How about the other way around, if we were to add her now, get the free dining in April, then find out later on that she can't go would we be able to remove her without problems?

Which way do you all think is the best to go? Wow, it would be so much easier if we knew NOW whether she was going to be able to go or not. If only everyone could see how important it is to plan out trips more than three days in advance.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #679
KKB
DIS Veteran

It depends where you book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh View Post
I have a question about the free dining. I WAS going to call WDW to ask, but time and time again I've read posts here about CM's giving out the wrong information, so I figured I'd just get the right answer here to begin with

We're booked for room and tickets for Aug 23rd through Sept 5th. Right now, it is DW, DD14, DS5, and me. DD's best friend may be coming along for the trip, but we aren't certain yet, and don't know exactly when we will be certain (Not knowing make the compulsive planner in me just sick ).

So then, my question is: If April 1 comes around, Free Dining is offered, and we get it, would it be a problem later on (say perhaps May, or early June) to add another person to our package?

How about the other way around, if we were to add her now, get the free dining in April, then find out later on that she can't go would we be able to remove her without problems?

Which way do you all think is the best to go? Wow, it would be so much easier if we knew NOW whether she was going to be able to go or not. If only everyone could see how important it is to plan out trips more than three days in advance.
While it isn't any problem to add/delete people, since you are at 4 now and it would put you to 5, it really depends where you book. If you are booking a room that holds at least 5 people, the change will be no issue.

But if you are booking a room for 4, WDW will NOT let you add a fifth without adding an extra room. IF there are rooms available, you can go ahead and add it; it can also be removed later, while still keeping the other room.

So...it really isn't a problem.
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!
2/26-3/2/15 WDW All Star resort w/ DD: dance team comptetition
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #680
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Tell me if this makes sense to you...or if I am crazy.

Last year, my family went during the free dining period in September. When we got there, there was the bounceback offer of free dining this year. YAY for us! I will have my mother, husband and then 22 month old with us. I decided to go with CBR pirate room, 6 day non park hopper, no waterpark, 7 night trip. Total 2210. I thought I was getting a deal. 9/19-9/26.

Turns out that when I got my membership to AAA, they offer Disney packages. The same package is $1937 without the free dining. The AAA tells me that if free dining becomes available to call her back and she will book it for me for the $1937. How is AAA getting it cheaper than DISNEY? I call WDW and they tell me it's because they get it in bulk...someone help me... is this all correct?

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #681
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Can someone please explain bounceback????

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #682
Tomh
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick answer KKB! We'll be staying at POR (knowing that is the only moderate that can accommodate 5, and it's a bit cheaper than the ASM family suite), so the room capacity won't be a problem.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #683
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
Can someone please explain bounceback????

When you stay at a Disney Resort, they sometimes have a brochure that offers you an incentive to come back. My offer was free dining for my next stay in September 09. You have to book it while you are still there, and put down the $200 deposit.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #684
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
When you stay at a Disney Resort, they sometimes have a brochure that offers you an incentive to come back. My offer was free dining for my next stay in September 09. You have to book it while you are still there, and put down the $200 deposit.
I have gone every year for the last 3 years and I have never been offered anything like that Is it just for Americans?

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #685
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I think the bouncebacks are just hit and miss. I was there in December at the Pop and there was a brochure on the table for 20% off a value resort or 40% off a deluxe resort. Since we usually do value, I didn't bother with the offer since it amounts to about $20 a night. I was really hoping for better and am now waiting for free dining!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #686
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

double post....sorry

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #687
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
I have gone every year for the last 3 years and I have never been offered anything like that Is it just for Americans?
No, I believe they only have it during the Free Dining period. Other times I have heared it's a discount for room rates.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #688
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

It's funny though. I was there during free dining in December and the bounceback was just the discount room rate......... I think what I'm seeing is that none of it has any rhyme or reason.......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #689
PinkPrincess4Ever
Mouseketeer

We were there sept. 1 -10th last year and on our last day with our check out papers was the bounceback offter to book FD $200 deposit needed at time of booking. We didn't do it for I did not want value again and was gona see what other offers came out this year on a deluxe resort. Maybe it was just the dates you stayed depended on what bounceback they offered.
PinkPrincess4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #690
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Tell me if this makes sense to you...or if I am crazy.

Last year, my family went during the free dining period in September. When we got there, there was the bounceback offer of free dining this year. YAY for us! I will have my mother, husband and then 22 month old with us. I decided to go with CBR pirate room, 6 day non park hopper, no waterpark, 7 night trip. Total 2210. I thought I was getting a deal. 9/19-9/26.

Turns out that when I got my membership to AAA, they offer Disney packages. The same package is $1937 without the free dining. The AAA tells me that if free dining becomes available to call her back and she will book it for me for the $1937. How is AAA getting it cheaper than DISNEY? I call WDW and they tell me it's because they get it in bulk...someone help me... is this all correct?

My guess is the $1937 is the discounted AAA package. The agent is mistaken, they can not apply free dining to the discounted package. It's one discount or another.

Now, having said that, there have been some rare reports that AAA was able to apply both, but that is definitely not the way it is supposed to work.

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: