Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #661
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
It is announced early April. Disney VISA holders get first dibs for a week or so, then it is open to the general public.
So keep your eyes & ears open here! Trust me--you will see it here first!
Thanks

2013 - SS - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #662
PinkPrincess4Ever
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy2Disney View Post
Just wanted to let everyone in on something I just found out (since I know everyone on here is anticipating free dining as much as I am)-- sorry if it's something you'd already know--

I received a 40% off pin weeks ago that said "40% off a Disney stay.. at a select value resort" and tossed it to the side thinking I wanted more than a value resort this time as it will be our Honeymoon. Since I was soooo sick of waiting and waiting for free dining I thought I would give it a chance and call to see if the 40% would work on moderate or deluxe.. To my suprise the CM said YES!! So if anyone has this postcard pin and is waiting for free dining to come out this is a much better deal if you are traveling with 2 or 3 and thinking of staying at moderate or deluxe! But of course free dining would be a better savings at a value with even 2 ppl.
We upgraded the dining to DLX, selected an upgrade to Woods View at WL, and added WP and more to our park hoppers, and are paying less than $200 more than simply pricing it online with all the basics, and no dining for 10 days. YIPPEE!
Oh I am so happy I saw your post, I did the same thing and tossed the 40% pin code aside for this year we did NOT want to do value again after last year and that's what mine said..VALUE RESORT. I have been waiting for the FD to be announced for dvc, but booking the 40% off at the polly for 11 nights is a way better savings for my family especially if they only give the cheap QSDP for free and I would have to pay to upgrade. Now it's all booked and done the stess is over. Of course there is the matter of the 90 day ADRS that will have to be made lol. This princess is anxiously awaiting June 6th to book all the yummy food. I better start doing push ups Im gaining weight just thinking about it wooohooo!
PinkPrincess4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #663
Andie272
Mouseketeer

subscribing and hoping for free dining for 10/13-10/16.

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #664
mom2two2
Mouseketeer

I have a question about this. We have done DDP before but not Free Dining and that was before they changed it to all these different "levels" of dining plans.

Do we know what would be offered as the "free" dining plan? Is it going to be only the Quick Service Plan? I hope not...

We were not planning a trip in the Fall but I have gotten DH on board with talk of how much we would save with Free Dining. But if I have to add to that "oh yeah, we need to PAY if we want sit down" that is going to weaken my argument. LOL.
mom2two2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #665
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for the regular dining plan and not the QS. We are already booked for Deluxe, so I guess when/if it's announced we will pay to upgrade either way.
Tbelle1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #666
welovedisney04
Earning My Ears

Subscribing

Hubby and I were there in Feb and rebooked for Sept and got a bounceback offer - we are getting a 40% discount - not we need free dining - yeah baby c'mon
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #667
pepper881
Earning My Ears

subscribing

subscribing Bring on teh Free Dining!
pepper881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #668
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2two2 View Post
Do we know what would be offered as the "free" dining plan? Is it going to be only the Quick Service Plan? I hope not...
Thus for it has always been (past 3 years) the basic dining plan with 1TS, 1CS, 1S. All the bounce back/pins that people have gotten have all been for the basic plan too. But don't forget it's not totally free, you still have to pay to tip your servers.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #669
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedisney04 View Post
Subscribing

Hubby and I were there in Feb and rebooked for Sept and got a bounceback offer - we are getting a 40% discount - not we need free dining - yeah baby c'mon
My understanding is that if free dining is available you will have to choose either to switch your package to free dining and pay rack rate for your room or keep your 40% discount and skip free dining. You can not double up on discounts they will not allow it.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #670
KKB
DIS Veteran

I don't want to burst your bubble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
But I don't want you to get your hopes up. In the last 3 years it has never gone anywhere near that late;in fact, the cut off date has gotten earlier & earlier each year; last year it was 9/20, I believe.

And to reiterate...you cannot use both 40% off AND free DDP; free DDP is a better deal for value resorts/big parties; 40 off is better for smaller parties/deluxe resorts.
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #671
OKCmom
Earning My Ears

Question Please explain to me what free Dining is and how to get it

Forgive my ignorance...I've been seeing it mentioned all over this darn board and have yet to see what it is or how to get it. I don't know where to ask, I figured this was the best forum.
OKCmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #672
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

We were at Disney World last Sept for free dining and we did get offered a bounceback but that only went into the first week of Oct. I have never seen free dining being offered to the general public later than this. Last year they did send out pin codes for select dates later that fall into December. Of which we took them up on. But it was not open to the general public just those that received an email or postcard and those with a disney visa card.

Good luck to all of you waiting for free dining this year. I was right here with you all last year so I know what you all are going through.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #673
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I have never gone to WDW with free dining but it is a promotion that is offered. Typically it is offered around the end of August until around the end of September.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #674
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
We were there the week of October 15 last year (the week of Columbus Day), and free dining did not apply to our stay.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #675
spider0215
Mouseketeer

I was thinking of going through Dreams unlimited, they say if discounts come up after you book they will get them for you.. Does anyone know if this includes free dining? I'm getting impatient and want to get booked but don't want to have to rebook if I do it myself and then free dining comes up. HELP
spider0215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: