Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #646
swhite1998
Earning My Ears

Subscribing

swhite1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #647
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Okay fellow DDP waiters.. should I book my flight now? I'm looking at booking a flight down for the 25th of August, and coming back the 1st of September... what do you all think? Chances are 90-100% good that that will be Free DDP? I hope so..... there are only a few seats left for 94$, and as a poor college student, I need to jump at opportunities like this. I already missed the 69$ AirTran prices because I wasn't sure about dates.

ETA: I was also waiting on Southwest, because they're cheap too, but then I found out they weren't planning to come to Boston until fall, so I stopped waiting for them...
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #648
KKB
DIS Veteran

We are sort of in the same boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Okay fellow DDP waiters.. should I book my flight now? I'm looking at booking a flight down for the 25th of August, and coming back the 1st of September... what do you all think? Chances are 90-100% good that that will be Free DDP? I hope so..... there are only a few seats left for 94$, and as a poor college student, I need to jump at opportunities like this. I already missed the 69$ AirTran prices because I wasn't sure about dates.

ETA: I was also waiting on Southwest, because they're cheap too, but then I found out they weren't planning to come to Boston until fall, so I stopped waiting for them...
DH & I are in grad school & have class once a month on Saturdays...so we determined which 2 weekends would not interfere w/ our schedule in Sept & booked WDW. Checked airfare that night & it was about $200pp--with 3 kids we felt we had to jump at that! (and I had NO intentions of booking air until free DDP was a lock)...
SOOO...I sure hope my gamble was worth it!
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #649
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's such a gamble!! I booked my air almost a month ago for our 9/14-18 trip and it wasn't $94/seat!! So, I say book it, but that's just me. I'm sure Disney will offer something worth you while....good luck with your decision!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #650
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Boy, you guys are tempting me to book. Air tran has $59 to Orlando from KC. But we're looking at 9/26 to 10/2, which is right on the tail end of what they have done before. And I've read lots of different stories about whether it has to be offered the entire stay, or if your first day has to fall within the right days. The FDP was really the hook that got my husband to go along with my scheme! What do do, what to do...........
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #651
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I thought I was getting a great deal on Airtran both ways, and I guess I did, however, the return rate now is $72....So, I really am losing $40....but, I feel that it was a great deal when I bought them I will arrive in Orlando the 25th of August and fly out on August 31....

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #652
Kimmy2Disney
Can't wait to be back in the world!!

40 % off pincode

Just wanted to let everyone in on something I just found out (since I know everyone on here is anticipating free dining as much as I am)-- sorry if it's something you'd already know--

I received a 40% off pin weeks ago that said "40% off a Disney stay.. at a select value resort" and tossed it to the side thinking I wanted more than a value resort this time as it will be our Honeymoon. Since I was soooo sick of waiting and waiting for free dining I thought I would give it a chance and call to see if the 40% would work on moderate or deluxe.. To my suprise the CM said YES!! So if anyone has this postcard pin and is waiting for free dining to come out this is a much better deal if you are traveling with 2 or 3 and thinking of staying at moderate or deluxe! But of course free dining would be a better savings at a value with even 2 ppl.
We upgraded the dining to DLX, selected an upgrade to Woods View at WL, and added WP and more to our park hoppers, and are paying less than $200 more than simply pricing it online with all the basics, and no dining for 10 days. YIPPEE!
Kimmy2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #653
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

During free dining periods the last couple of years....could you trade in your Quick service credits for anything?

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #654
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
During free dining periods the last couple of years....could you trade in your Quick service credits for anything?
I don't believe so, no.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #655
twinsticks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
there are two ways and you have already done the first.

If you post to a thread by default you will be subscribed to a thread.

You can also select Thread Tools from the menu at the top of the thread and select subscribe.

Once subscribed you can select User CP and it will list all your subscribed threads.
thankyou
twinsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #656
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

When does free dining usually get announced?
I want to book my sept trip but I want that free dining

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #657
zuzu310
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay fellow DDP waiters.. should I book my flight now? I'm looking at booking a fligt down for the 25th of August, and coming back the 1st of September... what do you all think? Chances are 90-100% good that that will be Free DDP? I hope so..... there are only a few seats left for 94$, and as a poor college student, I need to jump at opportunities like this. I already missed the 69$ AirTran prices because I wasn't sure about dates.

I am also a poor grad school student and jumped on the Airtran deals when they were running them. I also IM'd my SIL/BIL and we all four bought airfare. We are flying from Columbus, OH and they are meeting us from the VA/DC area. I thought about waiting for Southwest but the times out and back were good for Airtran. I say book it! There is always a chance that another airline will run a good deal but I mean it will probably be within $20 of the airtran deal. Here's hoping for free dining...
May 2004-Off-site Honeymoon, June 2005-Day Trip to MK, Sep 15-19 2005-CBR, Mother-Daughter Trip, Sep 9-15, 2006-CSR Just Hubby and Me!, Sep 8-15, 2007-CSR Dad's First Trip Ever at 51!, Aug 30-Sep 6 2008-CSR Free Dining Again!, Sep 5-12 2009-CSR Free Dining Trip w/SIL, BIL, and DH!, Sep 13-17 2010-First Time@ Pop Century/Pregnant w/our little Mousketeer, Sep 11-16 2011-Free Dining@ POP , Sep 9-16 2012-Baby Aiden's First Trip!!!, Sep 8-15 2013 Free Dining@POP/Pregnant w/our 2nd Mouseketeer! May 11-15 2014-10 Year Anniversary Trip NO KIDS! Aug 31-Sep 7 2014 Aiden's special "I'm a Big Brother" Trip@POP!

zuzu310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #658
KKB
DIS Veteran

Well, if years past are an indicator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
When does free dining usually get announced?
I want to book my sept trip but I want that free dining
It is announced early April. Disney VISA holders get first dibs for a week or so, then it is open to the general public.
So keep your eyes & ears open here! Trust me--you will see it here first!
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #659
candielips
DIS Veteran

I can't wait! It is almost the middle of March & I am anxiously awaiting as are so many of us.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #660
SINYMom
Mouseketeer

The wait is making me gray!!

I've been lurking, looking, peeking, hoping, now I'm joining.
We booked the Poly for 8 nights even though we own DVC. We had FD the first year it came out, 10 days at the BC. That was also when we bought DVC so we've haven't used it since and, we've never been sent a PIN.

We are hoping for free dining so we can save our DVC points from this year and combine them with next years points for a Grand Gathering celebrating New Year's at Disney!!

If we don't get FD, we will probably cancel and use our points, then no Grand Gathering.

Oh, the agony of the wait. LOL

SINYMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: