Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #601
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
The free dining for later in the fall was for Disney Visa holders, and wasn't offered until much later in the year (perhaps not until fall??? I didn't use it, so I can't remember.)
I have the Disney Visa- but found out about on here- didn't make any difference to me since we didn't go last year, but you're right it did come out late in the year for that offer. Heres a glass of wine to hoping!!

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

yrdlyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #602
robills
..Magical Memories!!!

Changes to Bounceback Dates...Beware!

2009 Bounceback Free Dining

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the bounceback dining but I may need to move my dates. Can anyone remember when they dates were?

Bounceback Dates were - Aug 23-Oct 1 & Oct 2-8 (I think)

However, I got the bounceback from last year too and I called today to change my dates (that still fell within the bounceback time frame) and I was told that I can't make any changes to my bounceback reservation because it was a special that was only open for a certain window of time and that time has past. So I am now stuck with those dates or have to wait for the general public free dining to be announced and rebook and hope I can get what I want. DARN!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #603
JAG2007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by adizzle819 View Post
The dining plan is per night of your stay. So, if you are there for 4 nights, on the regular dining plan, you would have 4 counter services, 4 table services and 4 snacks. You can save some meals/snacks for your last day if you want, I know that you can use the credits until midnight the day you check out.
Thanks for replying!

PS - it's nice to meet a fellow Marylander
JAG2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #604
adizzle819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2007 View Post
Thanks for replying!

PS - it's nice to meet a fellow Marylander
Haha, that's funny I forgot to mention that you don't have to use one meal each day either. So, if one day you want to eat two or three table meals, you can. Basically you will have 4 of each to use during your entire trip whenever you want to. Don't know if you knew that already or how much you know about the dining plan, but my mom and I go every fall, so we're kind of experts on the whole eating part of disney by now, which may not always be a good thing

1997-POFQ, 2000-POFQ, 2002-YC, 2004-YC, 2005-BC, 2006-YC, Sept 2007-BC, Dec 2007-BC, Sept-Oct 2008-BC for F&W and Deluxe Dining, Sept 2009-BC with FD and F&W, Sept 2010-BC, Sept 2011-YC
adizzle819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #605
penjen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robills View Post
Bounceback Dates were - Aug 23-Oct 1 & Oct 2-8 (I think)

However, I got the bounceback from last year too and I called today to change my dates (that still fell within the bounceback time frame) and I was told that I can't make any changes to my bounceback reservation because it was a special that was only open for a certain window of time and that time has past. So I am now stuck with those dates or have to wait for the general public free dining to be announced and rebook and hope I can get what I want. DARN!

That's not true--call back

I just changed my dates from bounceback last week. A regular CM was able to do it. If they say you can't, ask for guest relations. They will be able to change the dates within the range!

DH ME DS6
penjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #606
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

In years prior has the free dining always fell within October, even if it's just the first week? DH just put a deposit for mid-Oct, but if free dining is announced we can change it to the first week if we need to.
Tbelle1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #607
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbelle1976 View Post
In years prior has the free dining always fell within October, even if it's just the first week? DH just put a deposit for mid-Oct, but if free dining is announced we can change it to the first week if we need to.
We went last year on the week of October 15 (Columbus Day week). We went with friends, and this was the only week that they could go. We were NOT able to get free dining then. It killed me because we had done two free dining trips in September the two years before that. We could do September last year, too, and get free dining (I homeschool so it is possible each year.), but our friends could not do it.
I can't remember if free dining went into October last year. I think it might have a year or two before that. I just don't remember it going into October last year. My DD's birthday is in September so we always go for her birthday (other than last year's October trip).
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #608
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

The cut off in '07 was in Sept. That's the last time we went, and I remember that. Not sure about last year. Mousesavers usually has historical data on WDW sales.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #609
debf
Mouseketeer

We had free dining in Aug 2007. We're waiting to see if it's offered again this year.Our fingers are crossed.
Deb

debf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #610
Octoberbabiesrus
DIS Veteran

Bounceback booked for disney, Oct 2-8 for free dining too!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #611
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

I've got my fingers crossed!
Tbelle1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #612
patches07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbelle1976 View Post
I've got my fingers crossed!
ME TOO

patches07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #613
AlternateEgo
Missing the House of the Mouse

I have myself so hyped up over this... I know I will be horribly bummed if we don't get it.

Next trip TBD - thinking 11-2015 with

Summer '92 Offsite , 9 '07 ASMu FDDP , 9 '09 CSR FDDP-Honeymoon 9 '11 POR FDDP
AlternateEgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #614
keikojmg
Disney Freak

I'm so confused...I had no idea you could get free dining...we're going down Sept 20-26th...we haven't bought the meal plan yet because we hadn't decided if it was worth the money...how does this free dining thing work? Maybe I'm asking a question that has already been asked and answered...any help would be great

Walt Disney World College Program Alumni
Spring 2000- Quick Service Food and Beverage Hostess at Pinocchio's Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom
Fall 2001- Attractions Hostess at DisneyQuest
Visits to WDW-TOO many times to list!
keikojmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #615
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikojmg View Post
I'm so confused...I had no idea you could get free dining...we're going down Sept 20-26th...we haven't bought the meal plan yet because we hadn't decided if it was worth the money...how does this free dining thing work? Maybe I'm asking a question that has already been asked and answered...any help would be great
If and when they break out the free dining sale, you will be able to add the dining plan to a package, for free. You will be required to have a package, consisting of at least 3 nights hotel stay, and at least 1 day base ticket (per previous years deal.)
We are hoping the sale will break by the first week of April.
If you already have a package booked, you should be able to add it if there are rooms available on the sale for your preferred resort and room choice.
If you booked room only, you would need to rebook with a package.

Keep watching this space. As soon as we all know something, you will know something! LOL
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: