Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #301
MonicaK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenguin View Post
Thanks. I did call and it turns out I had a 40% off code, but it had to be used by the end of June. Bummer. No one else in our party had any other codes.
So do you already have to have purchased a meal plan in order to get the pin? I have a trip booked for the end of August with the room and tickets but no meal plan. I only recently found out about the free dining and was hoping to jump on board with that, if it's offered. And to find out if I have a pin, I just call Disney and ask?
MonicaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #302
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Praying for free dining here for my September trip. No codes on our address or for anyone else in our party ,either. Bummer!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #303
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

subbing, sorry!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #304
jszczur5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
I received a pin for free dining August and September. The CM I spoke to said it will not be offered to the general public...but someone else told me there is no way to know. I thought that having a pin would be a senseless "perk" if eventually it was offered to everyone.
How does one qualify for this PIN? Do you have to be a Disney Visa card holder? We have gone to Disney for Free Dining for each of the last 3 years. Last year, my husband was selected to complete a very in-depth survey in park, with an even more extensive survey to be completed once we got home. Ever since, we have been receiving all kinds of e-mail offers from Disney, but no PIN for Free Dining.
We didn't book the Bounceback offer last year, as we knew our sons would be unable to attend in 2009 due to schooling conflicts, We have, however, decided to do an adults-only trip (WAAAHOOOOO), but only if Free Dining is again offered.
jszczur5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #305
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jszczur5 View Post
How does one qualify for this PIN? Do you have to be a Disney Visa card holder? We have gone to Disney for Free Dining for each of the last 3 years. Last year, my husband was selected to complete a very in-depth survey in park, with an even more extensive survey to be completed once we got home. Ever since, we have been receiving all kinds of e-mail offers from Disney, but no PIN for Free Dining.
We didn't book the Bounceback offer last year, as we knew our sons would be unable to attend in 2009 due to schooling conflicts, We have, however, decided to do an adults-only trip (WAAAHOOOOO), but only if Free Dining is again offered.
I honestly don't know. I have gone to Disney for 5 years straight and this is the first time I ever got a pin.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #306
hannah_03
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been able to get the 4/3 deal and use the free dining pin on the same ressie?

WDW ~12/1-12/4/2011 *Pop Century*~
WDW ~2/28-3/7/2009 *CBR*~
WDW/US ~4/14-4/19/2008 *Pop Century*~
WDW/SW ~6/30-7/6/2007 *off-site*~
hannah_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #307
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah_03 View Post
Has anyone been able to get the 4/3 deal and use the free dining pin on the same ressie?
Wow, that would be quite the deal if they would combine them!

But no, 2 offers can not be combined. The free dining is for full priced packages only. Plus, the 4/3 ends on 8/15, free dining begins on 8/16.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #308
kmst719
Earning My Ears

8/16??

How do you know free dining starts 8/16??
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #309
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmst719 View Post
How do you know free dining starts 8/16??
Some of us have gotten the free dining pin code. The code is good for trips between 8/16/09-10/01/09.
DaParkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #310
TULIPS1726
Earning My Ears

What Is A Better Deal??

Is the 4/3 deal a better deal or free dining??? Just wondering...

Lovin' me some Thirty One Bags!!

www.mythirtyone.com/heatherL31/
TULIPS1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #311
Xanthe
Mouseketeer

It depends on what works for your situation. For us, we like to stay in Value resorts and all 4 of us count as adults for the dining plan so the free dining is a much better deal. If you are planning a stay in a deluxe, I believe the 4/3 would be better.

As I said, its whatever works for you!

Xanthe
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #312
VWB
Mouseketeer

Free Dining Pin....

We received a FREE DINING PIN We are so excited we called last night and booked our trip. We are also going with another family and they will let you book up to three rooms with this Pin. I wasn't sure if anyone knew this but that is a GREAT DEAL!!! I asked the CM if you had to receive a pin to get free dining or if they would annouce it to the public in April. He said that you had to have a pin that it would not be a public offer. He also said that Disney doesn't ever offer Free Dining as a public offer. I am not sure he is correct because last year I had heard that Free Dining was being offered so I just called Disney to book my trip and I did not have a pin. Anyway for those who do not have a pin yet, KEEP LOOKING
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #313
lsutiggergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWB View Post
We received a FREE DINING PIN We are so excited we called last night and booked our trip. We are also going with another family and they will let you book up to three rooms with this Pin. I wasn't sure if anyone knew this but that is a GREAT DEAL!!! I asked the CM if you had to receive a pin to get free dining or if they would annouce it to the public in April. He said that you had to have a pin that it would not be a public offer. He also said that Disney doesn't ever offer Free Dining as a public offer. I am not sure he is correct because last year I had heard that Free Dining was being offered so I just called Disney to book my trip and I did not have a pin. Anyway for those who do not have a pin yet, KEEP LOOKING
Congrats on the free dining. Isn't it wonderful?? That CM is definitely wrong. I've booked free dining (open to the public) for the past 3 years. We have a group too with 6 rooms. Half got free dining and half got the 40% off. Those of us with free dining saved about $70 more.

Yay!
lsutiggergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #314
lisaanddenny
Mouseketeer

just returned home from Disney and found a free dining pin in email

I already booked free dining for Sept from bounceback last year! Wish I could give my pin to someone!
lisaanddenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #315
VWB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaanddenny View Post
I already booked free dining for Sept from bounceback last year! Wish I could give my pin to someone!
It is too bad that you can't. So many people are hoping for a pin and you don't need yours. Disney is very specific when you call in to use it. They wanted to make sure that the name on the Pin and the name on the reservation matched. Also if you want to book an additional room for someone else and use the pin you must do it at the same time because once you use the pin it is no longer valid.
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: