Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #286
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahribar View Post
ohhhhh carmie, yay!!!!!! for you!! enjoy!! sure sounds like you deserve one! soooo very happy for you!! thanks for the wishes as well! but at least i have found out that the 4/3 will be extended into august so that will work for us, so not all unhappy!!
Thank you! I just hope I can use the free dining one. With a trip to ND (we're in South Texas so that's a looooooong drive) in June to see DH's grandparents and a 7 nt Disney Cruise planned for Dec, we'll have to see if we can squeeze it in budget wise. I sure hope so as the kids and I really want to go. DS2 talks about "Mickey Mouse's House" all the time.

I'm so glad the 4/3 is being extended. Depending on where you stay, it could work out in your favor. Have a great trip

Disneyland Aug/03
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt Western w/my honey
Disneyland Paris Sept/13 w/my honey; Mar/14

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #287
falling2infinity319
Mouseketeer

I'm very confused about this whole discussion. This board is a bit unforgiving to new members, as everything is abbreviated and some things seem implied, lol.

Okay. My g/f's family is DVC. I've been to Disney World twice already this year going back again in April (not staying in DVC) and in July (We ARE staying in DVC). We're annual passholders, although we don't live in Florida. We are ALL Disney Visa card holders.

Given that information, do we apply for Free Dining at any time? And if so, what kind of meals are included. I spend a TON on food in Disney. It would be nice to save some dough.

Thanks,
Nik
falling2infinity319 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #288
britney1
Earning My Ears

I always go to the hardrock
britney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #289
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling2infinity319 View Post
I'm very confused about this whole discussion. This board is a bit unforgiving to new members, as everything is abbreviated and some things seem implied, lol.

Okay. My g/f's family is DVC. I've been to Disney World twice already this year going back again in April (not staying in DVC) and in July (We ARE staying in DVC). We're annual passholders, although we don't live in Florida. We are ALL Disney Visa card holders.

Given that information, do we apply for Free Dining at any time? And if so, what kind of meals are included. I spend a TON on food in Disney. It would be nice to save some dough.

Thanks,
Nik
In the past, free dining has been offered in late August through Sept. There have been other times it has been offered through bounceback (where you must book and pay deposit before leaving WDW) and through PINS (randomly sent emails and postcards). As far as the late August - Sept free dining, they allow Disney Visa Card holders to book first, then about a week later, they open it up to the general public. I don't remember when this is announce, but I think it is in April. You must buy a package (tickets and room) to qualify. Some people who have a season pass have purchased the package with a one day ticket only and then used the season pass as entry into the park and then save their one day ticket obtained with the package to use to upgrade later. If you don't use the ticket at all, it will not expire. For multi day tickets, the expiration countdown does not begin until you use the ticket for the first time. Anyway, the dining plan that comes with the free dining is the regular Disney Dining Plan (1 Table Service, 1 Counter service, and 1 snack per person per night on the package).

So, if you're plans are as above, I doubt they'll have free dining in April as they are offering the buy 4 get 3 night free promotion. In July, since you are staying in DVC, you will not be eligible because you must buy a package (room and ticket together) through Disney. Plus, I have never seen free dining offered in July.

Disneyland Aug/03
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt Western w/my honey
Disneyland Paris Sept/13 w/my honey; Mar/14

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #290
kahribar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Thank you! I just hope I can use the free dining one. With a trip to ND (we're in South Texas so that's a looooooong drive) in June to see DH's grandparents and a 7 nt Disney Cruise planned for Dec, we'll have to see if we can squeeze it in budget wise. I sure hope so as the kids and I really want to go. DS2 talks about "Mickey Mouse's House" all the time.

I'm so glad the 4/3 is being extended. Depending on where you stay, it could work out in your favor. Have a great trip
thanks carmie! now i can't wait until tomorrow to book the trip, it opens up on the 9th for the august and we will be staying at the CBR so it is a deal and will take it. going from august 9th through the 16th. believe it or not, we are in ny and priced the trip to nyc and with the 4/3 is it actually cheaper to go to disney world!! we are going on different cruise the first week of january but hope to do a disney cruise at some point next year! hope you have a great time on yours!

kahribar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:44 AM   #291
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
In the past, free dining has been offered in late August through Sept. There have been other times it has been offered through bounceback (where you must book and pay deposit before leaving WDW) and through PINS (randomly sent emails and postcards). As far as the late August - Sept free dining, they allow Disney Visa Card holders to book first, then about a week later, they open it up to the general public. I don't remember when this is announce, but I think it is in April. You must buy a package (tickets and room) to qualify. Some people who have a season pass have purchased the package with a one day ticket only and then used the season pass as entry into the park and then save their one day ticket obtained with the package to use to upgrade later. If you don't use the ticket at all, it will not expire. For multi day tickets, the expiration countdown does not begin until you use the ticket for the first time. Anyway, the dining plan that comes with the free dining is the regular Disney Dining Plan (1 Table Service, 1 Counter service, and 1 snack per person per night on the package).

So, if you're plans are as above, I doubt they'll have free dining in April as they are offering the buy 4 get 3 night free promotion. In July, since you are staying in DVC, you will not be eligible because you must buy a package (room and ticket together) through Disney. Plus, I have never seen free dining offered in July.
I received a pin for free dining August and September. The CM I spoke to said it will not be offered to the general public...but someone else told me there is no way to know. I thought that having a pin would be a senseless "perk" if eventually it was offered to everyone.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #292
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki1972 View Post
Hello. My daughter received a free dining pin yesterday and we are very excited. I am hoping to get some help from you all understanding a couple of things.
First the code is for 8/26-10/1, We actually would like to arrive on 10/1 and stay until 10/15. Would we be able to use the free dining for the entire stay even though we will be arriviing on the "last" day?
Also, I think I am understanding that this "free" dining is for the CS only plan and I am wondering if 1) Can we upgrade to the next plan for the difference in cost, I think it is $10 more? 2) If we did not upgrade, can we trade some cs meals for ts? Like 2 or 3 cs for 1 ts?
Thank you for any help you may be able give, you are all great!
The pin is for the regular DDP. Not the quick service one...at least not in my case.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #293
norjackmom
Earning My Ears

Free Dining?

We are going to Disney the first week in December. Has there ever been Free Dining during that time of year?
norjackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #294
momsworld
Earning My Ears

Free dining late october?

We are planning our trip to WDW for the Halloween Party this year. What are the chances that free dining would be offered then?
momsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #295
lsutiggergirl
Mouseketeer

We go every year on free dining just to go to the Halloween Party! Luckily the party starts early in September (when free dining is offered) so if you're going in September you should be fine.
lsutiggergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #296
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by norjackmom View Post
We are going to Disney the first week in December. Has there ever been Free Dining during that time of year?
They offered Free Dining last Dec for 1 week. It was 12/14 - 12/20 for Disney Visa card holders. I received an email with a pin code for it. That is they only time I remember there being FD during Dec, but who knows this year with all the deals that are coming out.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #297
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al View Post
I know there is no guarantee that free dining will be offered next year. But I am wondering what the traditional dates have been for this. I am trying to decide on taking our trip end of June or early August and if I can get the room cheaper AND get free dining, that will be the clincher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy View Post
Does anyone know what the previous dates have been for free dining? I'm trying to schedule a girls' trip and we are looking at second week in October.
The historical dates for the Free Dining promotion offered to the general public were as follows:

2006 - Announced 4/4/06*; Dates 8/13-9/30
2007 - Announced 4/12/07*; Dates 8/26-9/22
2008 - Announced 4/10/08*; Dates 8/24-9/20

* The promotion was available to Disney Visa cardholders 3 days earlier.
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #298
girlpenguin
Mouseketeer

Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
The historical dates for the Free Dining promotion offered to the general public were as follows:

2006 - Announced 4/4/06*; Dates 8/13-9/30
2007 - Announced 4/12/07*; Dates 8/26-9/22
2008 - Announced 4/10/08*; Dates 8/24-9/20

* The promotion was available to Disney Visa cardholders 3 days earlier.
So help me understand...I'm getting very nervous that everyone in the last couple of days seems to have gotten a free dining pin (everyone but me )
I'm a new Disney Visa card holder. If they do free dining this year similar to last year, can anyone with a Disney Visa Card book free dining before the general public, or is it only open to those who receive a PIN code via e-mail? I've read on here that PIN codes are not transferable, so if you don't get one your out of luck. I'm worried that since I haven't gotten one yet, I won't get one in April either. We've got 5 of us who are planning a stay in a 2-bedroom Wilderness Lodge Villa Sept. 11-18, so free dining would save us a TON of money.
girlpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #299
lsutiggergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenguin View Post
So help me understand...I'm getting very nervous that everyone in the last couple of days seems to have gotten a free dining pin (everyone but me )
I'm a new Disney Visa card holder. If they do free dining this year similar to last year, can anyone with a Disney Visa Card book free dining before the general public, or is it only open to those who receive a PIN code via e-mail? I've read on here that PIN codes are not transferable, so if you don't get one your out of luck. I'm worried that since I haven't gotten one yet, I won't get one in April either. We've got 5 of us who are planning a stay in a 2-bedroom Wilderness Lodge Villa Sept. 11-18, so free dining would save us a TON of money.

Have you called to see if anyone in your group has a pin code? We have a grand gathering and so I called and checked every single person's name in our group with the Disney system. Half of us had free dining and half got the 40% off code. I would call and ask- it never hurts! Good luck!
lsutiggergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #300
girlpenguin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiggergirl View Post
Have you called to see if anyone in your group has a pin code? We have a grand gathering and so I called and checked every single person's name in our group with the Disney system. Half of us had free dining and half got the 40% off code. I would call and ask- it never hurts! Good luck!
Thanks. I did call and it turns out I had a 40% off code, but it had to be used by the end of June. Bummer. No one else in our party had any other codes.
girlpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: