Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #271
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
This offer was only for value resorts.
I think they will offer to all eventually if not now definitely in April!!!
Not only for values. I booked today using my pin code and upgraded to POFQ and extended it to seven nights.
DaParkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #272
hannah_03
Mouseketeer

I just got all excited for nothing LOL!!

I checked my email and saw one from Disney with "A special offer is waiting for you". It was for Disney Movie Club

WDW ~12/1-12/4/2011 *Pop Century*~
WDW ~2/28-3/7/2009 *CBR*~
WDW/US ~4/14-4/19/2008 *Pop Century*~
WDW/SW ~6/30-7/6/2007 *off-site*~
hannah_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #273
Micki1972
Earning My Ears

Question about dining/stay dates??

Hello. My daughter received a free dining pin yesterday and we are very excited. I am hoping to get some help from you all understanding a couple of things.
First the code is for 8/26-10/1, We actually would like to arrive on 10/1 and stay until 10/15. Would we be able to use the free dining for the entire stay even though we will be arriviing on the "last" day?
Also, I think I am understanding that this "free" dining is for the CS only plan and I am wondering if 1) Can we upgrade to the next plan for the difference in cost, I think it is $10 more? 2) If we did not upgrade, can we trade some cs meals for ts? Like 2 or 3 cs for 1 ts?
Thank you for any help you may be able give, you are all great!
Micki1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #274
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki1972 View Post
Hello. My daughter received a free dining pin yesterday and we are very excited. I am hoping to get some help from you all understanding a couple of things.
First the code is for 8/26-10/1, We actually would like to arrive on 10/1 and stay until 10/15. Would we be able to use the free dining for the entire stay even though we will be arriviing on the "last" day?
Also, I think I am understanding that this "free" dining is for the CS only plan and I am wondering if 1) Can we upgrade to the next plan for the difference in cost, I think it is $10 more? 2) If we did not upgrade, can we trade some cs meals for ts? Like 2 or 3 cs for 1 ts?
In the past, Disney has allowed people to arrive on the last day and receive the free dining for the entire stay (max 14 nts). When I called, I didn't inquire about it as we will go at the beginning if we go at all.

As far as which dining plan, I was told it was the regular DDP (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per person/day). I have read where people have upgraded to the deluxe but didn't inquire myself as I have no desire to do so. Last year, people were able to upgrade for the difference of the two plans.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #275
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

I just thought of this, but why cant you go ahead and book the rooms right now in those times, and then when and if the codes come out call and add the free dining wouldnt that work. I know they only allow certain rooms for free dining, but it certainly would be better than them running out.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #276
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki1972 View Post
The pin code is for the basic dining plan. 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #277
lsutiggergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewjubean View Post
I just thought of this, but why cant you go ahead and book the rooms right now in those times, and then when and if the codes come out call and add the free dining wouldnt that work. I know they only allow certain rooms for free dining, but it certainly would be better than them running out.
They can't add the free dining. I just got the free dining pin and had a room only booked. They had to completely cancel out the room and re-book again as a package. I thought they could just add it on at first too.

-Fellow Louisianan
lsutiggergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #278
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiggergirl View Post
They can't add the free dining. I just got the free dining pin and had a room only booked. They had to completely cancel out the room and re-book again as a package. I thought they could just add it on at first too.

-Fellow Louisianan
I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that your TA or CRO can add FD to a package reservation (room & tickets), but not a room-only reservation.
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #279
girlpenguin
Mouseketeer

Free dining Pin

Grr! I want a free dining PIN so bad! We're planning a trip Sept. 11-18. I've got a Disney VISA card, I've signed up for the Disney DVD, I've signed up on the Disney site for two different e-mail addresses (work and home), and I've saved an itenerary. What am I doing wrong???
girlpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #280
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that your TA or CRO can add FD to a package reservation (room & tickets), but not a room-only reservation.
I believe that this is true also. This is why my travel agent has booked my reservation as a package.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #281
kahribar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenguin View Post
Grr! I want a free dining PIN so bad! We're planning a trip Sept. 11-18. I've got a Disney VISA card, I've signed up for the Disney DVD, I've signed up on the Disney site for two different e-mail addresses (work and home), and I've saved an itenerary. What am I doing wrong???
i hear ya, been 4 times already, last one over this last christmas, booked my daughter (18) and her college roomie for may and want to book myself, other daughter and niece for august, but since i have never once gotten anything from them (either in mail or via email)i think i will take them to see a couple of broadway shows and for a couple of days in nyc instead. have signed up under 4 different emails and wanted to do the 5th trip, but broadway will be just as much fun for us!!
kahribar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #282
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenguin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahribar View Post
i hear ya, been 4 times already, last one over this last christmas, booked my daughter (18) and her college roomie for may and want to book myself, other daughter and niece for august, but since i have never once gotten anything from them (either in mail or via email)i think i will take them to see a couple of broadway shows and for a couple of days in nyc instead. have signed up under 4 different emails and wanted to do the 5th trip, but broadway will be just as much fun for us!!
For the longest time, I didn't think I'd ever get a pin. I ordered a planning DVD every year, took trips every year, ordered the cruise DVD, have a Disney Visa, registered online, saved itineraries, and even bought DVC. DH said that since we bought DVC, we'd never get a pin. Well, finally, after 5 years, DH and I have both received pins this week. Hopefully, y'alls time for pins will come soon. Sending you both some pixie dust
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #283
aday
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHLUV69 View Post
I got the email today as well. I believe it is the basic plan that is free, we are staying at a mod, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Anyway, the new price is exactly $1120.00 less than what I originally booked, and that was the basic DDP price for our family.
How do you get these pin codes emailed to you?
aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #284
Micki1972
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
In the past, Disney has allowed people to arrive on the last day and receive the free dining for the entire stay (max 14 nts). When I called, I didn't inquire about it as we will go at the beginning if we go at all.

As far as which dining plan, I was told it was the regular DDP (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per person/day). I have read where people have upgraded to the deluxe but didn't inquire myself as I have no desire to do so. Last year, people were able to upgrade for the difference of the two plans.
Thanks so much!! My daughter called Disney today to ask some questions. First the free plan is the regular plan, 1 ts, 1cs, & 1 snack (just as someone on here said! thank you!!)
And the very good news for us is as long as we arrive on or before 10/1 the meal plan will carry for our entire 2 week stay.
Also, for some reason, I find a bit odd. I did a quote on their website and it quoted me $3,233 for our family. They quoted my daughter on the telephone for the same package $2,768, same people, same everything. A $465 dif. in our favor. I am a bit confused, but very pleased at the same time!
Thank you all, you ROCK!
Micki1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #285
kahribar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
For the longest time, I didn't think I'd ever get a pin. I ordered a planning DVD every year, took trips every year, ordered the cruise DVD, have a Disney Visa, registered online, saved itineraries, and even bought DVC. DH said that since we bought DVC, we'd never get a pin. Well, finally, after 5 years, DH and I have both received pins this week. Hopefully, y'alls time for pins will come soon. Sending you both some pixie dust
ohhhhh carmie, yay!!!!!! for you!! enjoy!! sure sounds like you deserve one! soooo very happy for you!! thanks for the wishes as well! but at least i have found out that the 4/3 will be extended into august so that will work for us, so not all unhappy!!
kahribar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: