Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #2536
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Party on!

Yep, us DISers are a kind hearted bunch. I am booking in on YOUR birthday and will do my best to have a wonderful time celebrating. Wish you could be there.

Not much difference between a Lynn and a Linda (me)

SG

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #2537
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Yep, us DISers are a kind hearted bunch. I am booking in on YOUR birthday and will do my best to have a wonderful time celebrating. Wish you could be there.

Not much difference between a Lynn and a Linda (me)

SG

Aren't we both checking in on November 29th?????
lynn71092 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #2538
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

My Dreams came true and

Disney managed to suck more money out of me!!! Oh well - I'm getting a better trip out of it! I actually extended our trip and upgraded to the regular dining plan. It only costed me $168 to upgrade for 8 days for 2 adults and 2 kids. I know I could have gotten quick service for free but since I am going in December, I was going to pay out of pocket for a couple of shows anyway. Lovin' my Disney Visa! Oh and they did NOT make me pay in full???? I have until Nov. 2. Maybe because it was a change to an existing reservation?
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #2539
SlightlyGoofy

Oops!

Oops! Since you had the 40% off, same as myself, I should have known that. I am probably older than you and am somewhat senile, so my children tell me. (I forget how many or what their names are at the moment)

If you are driving we will be on the road at the same time too. Watch out for the wild woman in the Toyota Camry.

If someone get a thread on who is going to be there in December maybe we can plan a meet. We will be going slow this trip. I have more fun that way.

SG

Old 07-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #2540
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

I just called and had the Disney Visa Offer applied to my room at Pop for Dec 1-5. I had the QSDP Adults eat and play at kid's prices PIN but this offer saved me $35. Not a lot but at least it's something. I didn't think they'd let me since I had a $500 payment on it from Amex (using rewards) but she said as long as the deposit was made with my Disney Visa (and it was) that I could apply the offer. She assured me it wouldn't be a problem with my Amex payment on it.

Now, I do have a PIN for free DDP at values for the same time but opted not to apply it to that ressie (I did on another later in the month). After our checkout, we'll be on the Magic for 7 nights and then 5 more nights with DDP. I wanted the freedom of no ADRs during that time since I'll be tied down to at least one meal a day for 12 days. Am I crazy for not accepting the DDP?
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 07-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #2541
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Just changed our ressies to the Visa free dining! The e-mail confirmation included these:

FEATURE
ARCADE PLAY CARD VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
MINIATURE GOLF VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD MERCH. VCHR
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]

FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
SEA RAYCER OFFER VOUCHER

Anyone know anything about this? Especially the sea racer?

TIA!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #2542
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
I just switched my reservations from 7nites room only to 14 nights FDQSDP and they simply canceled the first reservation and they will refund my cc for that down payment and then they took a new down payment for the new ressie. Simple, no problems.

We will be at ASMusic (Sports did not have 14 nites non preferred) from November 29th-December 13th.

See you there!

Slightly Goofy
Yay! And your fav. plan too. Have you stayed at Music before?

One of these times we will go in Dec. We will be a bit preoccupied this year, as new baby is due to arrive in January! [Yup, hadn't told you yet. ]

Glad for everyone getting a good deal!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #2543
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Just changed our ressies to the Visa free dining! The e-mail confirmation included these:

FEATURE
ARCADE PLAY CARD VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
MINIATURE GOLF VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD MERCH. VCHR
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]

FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR
1 PER ROOM[ 1 ]
FEATURE
SEA RAYCER OFFER VOUCHER

Anyone know anything about this? Especially the sea racer?

TIA!
Copied from my booklet:

Arcade Play Voucher: 30 minutes of consecutive game play, can only be used on games that are NOT prize, redemption, and photo. Can only be used on one game at a time.

Mini Golf Voucher: 1 round of mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland for one guest, one time.

Planet Hollywood Merch: Good for 1 Planet Hollywood souvenir merchandise keepsake (Not sure about this myself... is it free? Is there a limit as to how much you can save?)

Planet Hollywood 15$ Meal: 15$ credit for food and non-alcoholic beverages at Planet Hollywood in DTD. Only valid for Dine-In, cannot be combined.

Sea Raycer Voucher: Rent a Sea Raycer for 90 minutes for the price of 60 minutes at:
Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Old Key West, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and DTD Marina.

All of these are only valid during the time of your stay at Disney. I really liked the Sea Raycers when I did it.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #2544
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

[quote=ZeroToHero;32860352]Copied from my booklet:

Arcade Play Voucher: 30 minutes of consecutive game play, can only be used on games that are NOT prize, redemption, and photo. Can only be used on one game at a time.

Mini Golf Voucher: 1 round of mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland for one guest, one time.

Planet Hollywood Merch: Good for 1 Planet Hollywood souvenir merchandise keepsake (Not sure about this myself... is it free? Is there a limit as to how much you can save?)

Planet Hollywood 15$ Meal: 15$ credit for food and non-alcoholic beverages at Planet Hollywood in DTD. Only valid for Dine-In, cannot be combined.

Sea Raycer Voucher: Rent a Sea Raycer for 90 minutes for the price of 60 minutes at:
Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Old Key West, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and DTD Marina.

All of these are only valid during the time of your stay at Disney. I really liked the Sea Raycers when I did it.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! What resort did you do the sea raycers at?

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #2545
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I did it at the Yacht Club - it was really fun. They give you guidelines of how far you can go, I think... I forget, it was two years ago. And they also have people patrolling the water, so you have to stick to those guidelines, and if you need help (like my boat stalled and I couldn't pull the cord to start it again on my own), they're glad to offer it.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #2546
meljw1960
Mouseketeer

I've heard that there will be blackout dates during this nov/dec FD promo. can anyone confirm this. And it sounds like its expected to be released to the gen. public soon..

one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #2547
SlightlyGoofy

"Free" stuff

The last time I did the Planet Hollywood thing I got a cheap keyring for my souvenir and you can only use ONE voucher per table.

I am thinking that if you have an AP you could probably use your free pass with the B1G1F offer that you get with your pass. I have never done it and maybe rules have changed though.

SG

Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #2548
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljw1960 View Post
I've heard that there will be blackout dates during this nov/dec FD promo. can anyone confirm this. And it sounds like its expected to be released to the gen. public soon..
If there are, it's probably during the peak season of Thanksgiving, and if it extends far enough, Christmas peak season.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #2549
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Can anyone confirm this?

Source: MousePlanet

The down economy continues to challenge Disney to fill their hotel rooms, which is resulting in a continuing stream of deals for you!

Walt Disney World has just announced free dining packages for September 27 through December 17. Right now it's only available to Disney Visa cardmembers (use codes EVN or GCA), but it will open for general availability on Sunday morning.NOTE: This offer is not available November 25-28, the Wednesday through Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

This time, the free dining comes with a twist: while the package stays the same if you book at a moderate, deluxe or villas resort, free dining packages at value resorts will be the quick service dining plan instead of the basic dining plan. You should be able to pay to upgrade your plan, but the "free" value of the deal will be $29.99 per day for adults, $8.99 for children instead of $39.99 per day for adults, $10.99 for children. For a family of four with both children under age 10, that's a difference of $24 per day. For a family of four with both kids age 10 and up, it's a difference of $40 per day. Please be aware of that before you choose your resort!

You can book this offer through September 26, the last day of the Walt Disney Company's 2008-2009 fiscal year. Book now, get a great deal, and help Disney improve its numbers at the same time!

Anyone else heard anything about this?
princesslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #2550
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Nope, but I'm going to go talk to a few people in my house with credit cards right now. Be back in a bit.

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: