Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #2506
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Congrats to all of you with pin codes!
I know that it may be greedy because I already booked in Dec with 40% off room but I would be exstatic (is that even how you spell that???) if I got a free dining pin. I would even add a couple days! I had to call Disney today to change our address and phone number so I checked but no pin codes. So I went online to disney's site and tottled around. My sister keeps getting codes but her husband won't take her right now. Here's hoping that all our dreams come true!!!!

You do know that even if you got a free dining code you would only be able to use one, 40% off the room or free dining paying rack rate for the room.
lynn71092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #2507
lilclerk
Mouseketeer

I had a trip planned the beginning of October with the regular free dining promotion, then last month received the pin code for Oct-December. We switched to early December, hoping there would be fewer crowds in the restaurants... looks like that won't happen since so many people are getting this pin and it possibly going to the general public!

Last edited by lilclerk; 07-16-2009 at 02:34 PM.
lilclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #2508
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not.

How much would it cost if 4 adults received the FREE DINING plan, while staying at a value resort? Would it still be the rack of $80-$100 for the room per night. Or do they charge per adult?

Thanks so much!

Brunette
Old 07-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #2509
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not.

How much would it cost if 4 adults received the FREE DINING plan, while staying at a value resort? Would it still be the rack of $80-$100 for the room per night. Or do they charge per adult?

Thanks so much!

Brunette
Are they all adults 18 and over or are some "Disney Adults" ages 10-17?

If there are more than 2 adults age 18 and over in the same value resort room, you will have a $10/per extra adult/per night added to the room rate. So, if all 4 of the party is age 18 or over, the price of the room will $20 more per night. If there are only 2 adults age 18 and over and the other 2 are just "Disney Adults" age 10-17, there will be no upcharge.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #2510
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Are they all adults 18 and over or are some "Disney Adults" ages 10-17?

If there are more than 2 adults age 18 and over in the same value resort room, you will have a $10/per extra adult/per night added to the room rate. So, if all 4 of the party is age 18 or over, the price of the room will $20 more per night. If there are only 2 adults age 18 and over and the other 2 are just "Disney Adults" age 10-17, there will be no upcharge.
Hi!

Thanks so much for your quick reply. So, if I did my math correctly and the price of the value is, say, $100 (using round number for this); it would only cost each adult $25.00 per night including the Free dining plan? Now that sounds like a STEAL!

PS -- Yes, the adults are all 30 and over also.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #2511
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hi!

Thanks so much for your quick reply. So, if I did my math correctly and the price of the value is, say, $100 (using round number for this); it would only cost each adult $25.00 per night including the Free dining plan? Now that sounds like a STEAL!

PS -- Yes, the adults are all 30 and over also.
If the regular price of the value is $100, then your price would be $120/nt (room and DDP) since you'll have 2 extra adults.

IF the regular price of the value is $80, then yes, you're figures are correct as it would be $100/nt with the the 2 adults added on. Now, that doesn't include tickets or tips for the meals.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #2512
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
If the regular price of the value is $100, then your price would be $120/nt (room and DDP) since you'll have 2 extra adults.

IF the regular price of the value is $80, then yes, you're figures are correct as it would be $100/nt with the the 2 adults added on. Now, that doesn't include tickets or tips for the meals.
Yep. That's what I was figuring. Thanks again for your reply, it's very much appreciated.

Brunette
Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #2513
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

ok quick question from a 1st time planner...

I recieved a pin for free dinning about a month ago. I called my TA from Dream Unlimited and she applied it to my ressie...it is reflected in my total etc. But today I recieved the same pin? Does that usually happen? Or do you think Disney doesnt realize I have already taken advantage of the offer. I would hate for something to go wrong etc...if i call disney they will be able to see my ressie even though the TA made it?

Thanks in advance

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #2514
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
ok quick question from a 1st time planner...

I recieved a pin for free dinning about a month ago. I called my TA from Dream Unlimited and she applied it to my ressie...it is reflected in my total etc. But today I recieved the same pin? Does that usually happen? Or do you think Disney doesnt realize I have already taken advantage of the offer. I would hate for something to go wrong etc...if i call disney they will be able to see my ressie even though the TA made it?

Thanks in advance
No they will not be able to see your ressie until 5 days prior! When booked through a travel agent they own the ressie until it's time! I would definitely not worry about it! I heard of this happening before you should be fine if you called anyone you would have to call Dreams Unlimited but it sem like you already know it's fine so you should be set!
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #2515
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
You do know that even if you got a free dining code you would only be able to use one, 40% off the room or free dining paying rack rate for the room.
I am aware of that. I'm only saving right over $200 with my 40% off and even though I didn't crunch numbers for free dining yet, I do believe that the free dining offer would save me more. If so, I would switch to the free dining.
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #2516
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I just got an email survery from Disney having to do with FD. Basic questions about if I would have gone or not without it. Wonder if they're thinking of extending or feeling out for next year...
Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #2517
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
I just got an email survery from Disney having to do with FD. Basic questions about if I would have gone or not without it. Wonder if they're thinking of extending or feeling out for next year...
I hope I get that one because I hope my answer will help them determine to offer it again next year. Honestly, we would not be going to the parks this year if FD weren't offered. I am thankful it is offered and hope it is offered again next year.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #2518
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHB70 View Post
I hope I get that one because I hope my answer will help them determine to offer it again next year. Honestly, we would not be going to the parks this year if FD weren't offered. I am thankful it is offered and hope it is offered again next year.
I was on the WDW site earlier this week when a survey window popped up asking me if I was going on a trip in the near future. I responded yes and was asked if I would participate in a survey when I came back. Its scheduled for my return and I too will stress that we could not have gone without the FD offer. We originally wanted Christmas time but we can't do it without FD.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #2519
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

We would not be going either without free dining. Hoping for a bounceback when we are there in August so we can book for next year. We probably won't go next year if there is no FDP.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #2520
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Free dining was released through December 17th for Disney Visa cardholders today!

It's the quickservice plan for value resorts and regular plan for moderates and deluxe.

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: