Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #2476
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
Do you happen to remember when the Sept discounts came out for FLRs? We're currently booked with FD, but if they offer a better discount for FLRs I may change. Although as it stands right now (doing the math from last years prices) FD is a much better deal - at least for us.
I think they may have just come out - check the news bar on the top of the front page. Is that what you're talking about?
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #2477
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

Quote:
Do you happen to remember when the Sept discounts came out for FLRs? We're currently booked with FD, but if they offer a better discount for FLRs I may change. Although as it stands right now (doing the math from last years prices) FD is a much better deal - at least for us.
You only quoted a portion of my sentence. After the elipses (or whatever those 3 dots are called, LOL) I said that this year it made more sense for us to rent points. We are paying $600 to stay at a studio at the Beach Club Villas (with a kitchenette) for 4 nights. This includes a Saturday night...it would be even cheaper if it was 4 nights during the week! $150 a night for Stormalong Bay plus easy and quick access to Epcot, the Boardwalk, the Swaphin area, free valet parking, pool hopping capabilities....it was all worth it for us.

One night we are dining at Blue Zoo (not on DDP) also.

I have noticed thet the FL res rates are NOT as good as they used to be!
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 12:50 AM   #2478
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I think they may have just come out - check the news bar on the top of the front page. Is that what you're talking about?
You're right - they must've JUST come out. As in today. Because I looked last night before posting my comment and they weren't there. THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernesslodgelover View Post
You only quoted a portion of my sentence....

I have noticed thet the FL res rates are NOT as good as they used to be!
That's true. But I was just asking about that one particular portion. I was wondering if you remembered when they came out with discounts for Sept. The rest of the sentence wasn't relevant to the question I was asking - so I didn't quote it.

Basically I'm frustrated that these boards don't have a FLR sub-forum. There are more than a few things that are specific/potentially complicated for us. Like room only discounts and the oh so many different kinds of tickets. I think it'd be nice to have them all in one place so they don't get lost in whatever board they get posted to. I've even PMed a few mods and asked why there wasn't one/offered to mod it myself if no one wanted to - never received any response. So basically I asked you because it was a "OMG another FLR - ask them" moment.

And yes in previous months it has seemed like the FLR rate hasn't been as good as in the past. But it seems that may have been a "season" thing. Whenever I've checked in previous years the FLR rate was the same no matter what day of the week. Then this year they weren't doing discounts on the weekends for FLRs. Which is when most of us go right? But NOW that the new discounts are out for "low" season it looks like they are again offering the same discount price no matter what the day.

Even still - for us FD is the best deal. As I can't feed my family of 4 on 18 bucks (difference between rack and FLR rate at a value) a day at Disney.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #2479
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

Quote:
You're right - they must've JUST come out. As in today. Because I looked last night before posting my comment and they weren't there. THANKS!

That's true. But I was just asking about that one particular portion. I was wondering if you remembered when they came out with discounts for Sept. The rest of the sentence wasn't relevant to the question I was asking - so I didn't quote it.

Basically I'm frustrated that these boards don't have a FLR sub-forum. There are more than a few things that are specific/potentially complicated for us. Like room only discounts and the oh so many different kinds of tickets. I think it'd be nice to have them all in one place so they don't get lost in whatever board they get posted to. I've even PMed a few mods and asked why there wasn't one/offered to mod it myself if no one wanted to - never received any response. So basically I asked you because it was a "OMG another FLR - ask them" moment.

And yes in previous months it has seemed like the FLR rate hasn't been as good as in the past. But it seems that may have been a "season" thing. Whenever I've checked in previous years the FLR rate was the same no matter what day of the week. Then this year they weren't doing discounts on the weekends for FLRs. Which is when most of us go right? But NOW that the new discounts are out for "low" season it looks like they are again offering the same discount price no matter what the day.

Even still - for us FD is the best deal. As I can't feed my family of 4 on 18 bucks (difference between rack and FLR rate at a value) a day at Disney.

Wow, a fellow FLR *and* a fellow insomniac!! Nice to meet you!

Honestly, I did not even look into FLR rates this year. I knew I was going to rent points a long time ago. We got REALLY spoiled staying at deluxes for such a small amount of money. And we always have a FLR seasonal pass so I never pay attention to ticketing prices! Our SPs will expire at the end of this month. What we do is we do not renew until the next fall. Our fall trip is our annual "big trip". In the meantime, we will go to WDW perhaps once or twice throught the winter..maybe go to a MVMCP in early December, then maybe TL or BB in the early spring. We spend time at DTD, resort hopping etc. We ALWAYS stay on site.

I will renew my SP in Oct 2010 at that year's annual fall trip, then use that same SP in Sept 2011 before SP expires.

ETA: Do you have the DDE card? It is soooo worth it. Especially if you like cocktails! You get 20% off those, too!

We have stayed at the Dolphin several times using their FL res rate and we LOVE that place. Check it out!
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!

Last edited by wildernesslodgelover; 06-30-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: add DDE info
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #2480
Yarna
Wishing I were at WDW

WooHoo!! Just booked our next trip for Oct 31 - Nov 8 using a free dining pin that I received. Definitely looking forward to eating my way through Disney while Mickey picks up the tab.

October 24-31, 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
March 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2012 - Caribbean Beach
October 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2010 - Coronado Springs
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Carribean Beach
Yarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #2481
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarna View Post
WooHoo!! Just booked our next trip for Oct 31 - Nov 8 using a free dining pin that I received. Definitely looking forward to eating my way through Disney while Mickey picks up the tab.
I want that pin code!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #2482
paper1225
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I want that pin code!

me too it would be PERFECT for the trip I am trying to plan for DD's and myself
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #2483
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Ditto

We would love to go back in Nov, but can't swing it without some help. I never get a pin code. Sorry, just needed to whine. . .
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #2484
Yarna
Wishing I were at WDW

Until two months ago, I never got a PIN either. Then in May, I got my first, which I accidently let expire.

Shortly after that one expired, I got a second, which I made sure to cash in.

Not to sound boastful, but coincidently all three persons in my upcoming trip also got PINs this week for free dining in November-December. It just goes to show that you never know when you'll be placed on the magical PIN list.

Here's hoping you get one soon.

October 24-31, 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
March 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2012 - Caribbean Beach
October 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2010 - Coronado Springs
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Carribean Beach
Yarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #2485
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernesslodgelover View Post
Wow, a fellow FLR *and* a fellow insomniac!! Nice to meet you!

Honestly, I did not even look into FLR rates this year. I knew I was going to rent points a long time ago. We got REALLY spoiled staying at deluxes for such a small amount of money. And we always have a FLR seasonal pass so I never pay attention to ticketing prices! Our SPs will expire at the end of this month. What we do is we do not renew until the next fall. Our fall trip is our annual "big trip". In the meantime, we will go to WDW perhaps once or twice throught the winter..maybe go to a MVMCP in early December, then maybe TL or BB in the early spring. We spend time at DTD, resort hopping etc. We ALWAYS stay on site.

I will renew my SP in Oct 2010 at that year's annual fall trip, then use that same SP in Sept 2011 before SP expires.

ETA: Do you have the DDE card? It is soooo worth it. Especially if you like cocktails! You get 20% off those, too!

We have stayed at the Dolphin several times using their FL res rate and we LOVE that place. Check it out!

Indeed I am a night owl. Too bad I'm also a tightwad. We only go for short trips. Usually a 5 dayer for FD and maybe a weekend at some other point in the year. But that being said we're not really "resort people", meaning it's just there for us to shower and sleep. I have looked into renting DVC but for the cost it's just not our style. Same thing with the DDE, before I discovered FD we used to just do 1 or 2 TS meals per trip.

When we do go during 'high' season we often stay at the Hilton, because believe it or not it's often less expensive than staying at a value. But I'll make sure to look into S/D in the future.

I had a SP as a kid (as in until I moved out in mid college) - but Mommy was paying for it then. I'm working on getting a promo at my job currently. After that happens we plan to get SPs next year. I've really miss having it.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #2486
Disneydreamer5
DIS Veteran

Just got pin in the mail

Just got my second pin code for free dinning.
DH & I were in NC and when we returned I was cleaning off the kitchen counters and discovered we got a post card for free dinning good for Oct 3rd- Nov 23rd. I had no idea it was there just happened upon it.
Not sure if we can swing it but it's going to make convincing my DH a lot easier that is for sure.
ASMov & DDP - 2005
CBR & Free DP - 2009
POR & DDP - 2010
Disneydreamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #2487
disneykins
DIS Veteran

How do you get a free dining pin code?

Thanks,
Tony

DVC SINCE 93

OKW, 1/93, 1/94, 9/94, 3/95, 12/95, 96,1/97, 3/98, 1/99, 12/99, 12/01, 12/03, 12/05, 3/08, 1/10 SS BC 12/05 DLP 7/02, DL 7/72, 7/80, GC 7/04
MAGIC, 10/00, 12/01, 12/03, WONDER, 12/01
AS, 10/00, CBR, 12/99, CR, 12/84, 90
HRH, 12/01, RPR 12/03, HI, 1/93, HOJO, 12/89
QE2, 6/84, RCCL, 12/95 CCL, 1/97, NCL HI, 7/04, 3/07, 3/08, 9/08, 10/09
PK SUITES, 1/88, EMERALD SEAS CRUISE, 12/84
disneykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #2488
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykins View Post

Thanks,
Tony
It's random. I have heard to sign up for everything (free maps, planning DVD, cruise DVD, disneyinsider.com, ect.) However, I had done all those things years ago and never received a PIN until this past spring. Since then, we have received 4 or 5 PINs. I don't know, perhaps we started getting them because we booked a cruise this year instead of the a trip to WDW. Because of a PIN though, we have added days at the beginning and end of our cruise.

I really just think it's random and it was coincidental that we started getting them this spring.

Good luck and sending pixie dust your way!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #2489
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykins View Post

Thanks,
Tony
It's random. I think we are signed up on every Disney website there is and we NEVER get pin codes. The only free dining discount codes we have gotten were through Disney Visa.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #2490
FingZing
Earning My Ears

Bummer, we are travelling 10/10!!
FingZing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: