Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #2461
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
oh and also on gratuity. hmmm. I dont suppose I can leave a tip in DDs? lol I said that to my Mom and she yelled at me..said noo you dont do that!! lol
OK, I think I know what Mom means but, I know what you mean, too. When you get the bill, add the tip, and pay with DDs. Same thing.

I am by far NOT an expert but, as far as I remember, DD$ are welcome anywhere in Disney! Shops, parks, etc. Non-Disney places maybe not tho, like Planet Hollywood, McDonald's, etc. Make sense?

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #2462
connorsgram
Mouseketeer

Last year when we had free dining, we put the tip ( and anything extra) on the room charge. Then when we checked out we used Disney Dollars to pay on that bill. This also means you don't have to carry cash or Disney Dollars with you.
connorsgram is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #2463
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Ugh! Free dining during F&W festival? They must be hurting for sure! DDP is worst idea they ever came up with!

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #2464
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

WHY do you say that? So many of us are enjoying it and only you object, so far?

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #2465
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
Ugh! Free dining during F&W festival? They must be hurting for sure! DDP is worst idea they ever came up with!
Quite the contrary, we're very excited about it!

By the way, haven't they done it this time of year for years now????

I believe this was all started to get crowds back in the parks during this time of year after the big hurricane season in 2004......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #2466
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
Free Dining always crosses over into the beginning of F&W.

Free Dining is what has kept us coming back for the last three years. It saves us about $1,600.00 on the price of our trip. In my opinion, it's one of the best things WDW has come up with in a long time.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #2467
twinsticks
Earning My Ears

just received a goofy pin code post card today for free disney dinning for dates 8/23/09-10/1/09 and 11/29/09-12/17/09 going with another family for a grand gathering 12/1-10....thanks disney pin gods!!
twinsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #2468
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I got one of those pin codes in the mail today. I wont be able to use it... only one disney vacation for us this year.. Hopefully we can utilize free dining again next year!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #2469
Bete
DIS Veteran

Question Would you mind answering a few questions about this e-mail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsticks View Post
just received a goofy pin code post card today for free disney dinning for dates 8/23/09-10/1/09 and 11/29/09-12/17/09 going with another family for a grand gathering 12/1-10....thanks disney pin gods!!
Would you share when your e-mail expire; up to what time can you book this offer?

Is this offer straight dining plan plus (with table service like the fall offer)across the board no matter which resort you stay at? The last goofy e-mail promo conditioned value resorts with only the Quick service dining plan for free.

Thanks for the help.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #2470
twinsticks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete View Post
Would you share when your e-mail expire; up to what time can you book this offer?

Is this offer straight dining plan plus (with table service like the fall offer)across the board no matter which resort you stay at? The last goofy e-mail promo conditioned value resorts with only the Quick service dining plan for free.

Thanks for the help.
Yes I can use it at any of the resorts 1 snack--1 counter service and 1 table service book up until 10-3-09
twinsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #2471
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

just a tip a good friend passed along to me yesterday/early this morning via facebook. yesterday was her day to call for her adr's. she called first thing and got all but two that she wanted. was told they werent avail. she was persisitant and called back 20 minutes later and got into both of them. so i guess if you dont at first succeed try again!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #2472
mccarts
Earning My Ears

Free Dining Plan

I am a DVC member and am never offered free dining. I think this is unfair to members. They should at least offer a discount. I see people getting free plans and hotel deals.

Can anyone tell me how you find out when Disney Visa offers free dining?

Thanks
mccarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #2473
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarts View Post
I am a DVC member and am never offered free dining. I think this is unfair to members. They should at least offer a discount. I see people getting free plans and hotel deals.

Thanks
You find out via here or other places that are about Disney. Don't count on Visa telling you.

And the reason that you don't get free dining offers is because you're already locked in. You already go to Disney. They're trying to get other people to come, ones who aren't already getting deals and showing up. They know that you'll come, they offer this so that more people spend more money.

ETA: And technically, if you have more than two people, it's actually a discount to book a Value resort, but not stay there, using the free dining, while staying on your points at your villa at the same time. At least, it should be. Do the math for your family.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #2474
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarts View Post

Thanks
You CAN get free dining...just book a room at rack rate like everyone else does. That is the requirement.

I am going to WDW during free dining, but I'd rather use my FL resident dicount...or in this case, rent points from a DVC member and stay at the BCV. For the way my family eats, the free dining is not as worth it to us as staying at a great resort for a small amount of money. Plus...we have the DDE card (or whatever it is called now) and get 20% of food and drinks.

Do you also go to the movies at night and complain that you want the matinee (day) pricing, since it is not fair that you have to work all day? Or go to dinner during a prime time and demand the early bird pricing? It's kind of the same idea with the free DDP. It is there to entice people to stay on property that maybe otherwise wouldn't.

Next year I may take advantage of that great free DDP program, but right now, I am THRILLED to stay at BCV on points.
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #2475
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernesslodgelover View Post
I am going to WDW during free dining, but I'd rather use my FL resident dicount...
Do you happen to remember when the Sept discounts came out for FLRs? We're currently booked with FD, but if they offer a better discount for FLRs I may change. Although as it stands right now (doing the math from last years prices) FD is a much better deal - at least for us.

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: