Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #211
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

How to book ahead in case Free Dining...?

Ok We're thinking about putting off our trip in March and waiting for September when free dining might be offered.

If we do this, how is the best way to book? Do we book ahead for our resort stay with the dining plan or without (and then add it later when free dining is offered)?

What did you folks do who went before on the free dining plan?

Thanks,
Tammy
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #212
NJRA
Mouseketeer

I have a Disney Visa, and I would like to take anvantage of the free dining promo they usually have in aug.- sept. My question is how do they inform card members about this. I have had my card since 2004 and never remember getting any info on this promo
NJRA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #213
mjbradeis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbradeis View Post
I have a card and never received anything from them about free dining, where do they announce it?

Also do you have to use the card to book the package?
Anyone know if you have to book the package with your Disney Visa to get the early notification? I have had Disney Visa during last Sept and never rcvd any notification
POP/MVMCP/FD December 11-18, 2010
DCL Dream/POP Century/Legoland December 1-9, 2011
DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise December 8-15, 2012
POR December 7-14, 2013
DCL Magic Western Caribbean Cruise December 7-14, 2014

"Please stand clear of the doors" - "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"
mjbradeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #214
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy296 View Post
Ok We're thinking about putting off our trip in March and waiting for September when free dining might be offered.

If we do this, how is the best way to book? Do we book ahead for our resort stay with the dining plan or without (and then add it later when free dining is offered)?

Thanks,
Tammy
You can book room only now and turn it into a package when/if the free dining is announced.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #215
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Anyone know if you have to book the package with your Disney Visa to get the early notification? I have had Disney Visa during last Sept and never rcvd any notification
Generally notifications are sent via email. Sign up for emails from Chase and you should get an email notification.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #216
AKLforever
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, your questions make me wonder. If you book a package deal now, rooms/tickets and such, will they just add the free dining if disney does it this year later on?
AKLforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #217
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:

Thanks,
Tammy
I waited until it was announced last year (Mar/April?) and had no problems.

You could book a package ahead of time by "guessing" the dates FD promo begins/ends in Aug/Sep. If your dates happen to fall during FD promo I am pretty sure they will just apply the code however, I'm not sure you will be guaranteed the exact same resort you originally booked.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #218
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,
Tammy
I believe that if you book a room only reservation and you decide to add the FD plan later (if they offer it) then they can not add it directly to your original reservation. They must cancel and refund your previous deposit and then re-issue a new reservation. If you book a package now instead (with at least one day park passes) then they can add the FD directly to your existing reservation. You do not need to include dining in your package at this time.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #219
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhryb View Post
I believe that if you book a room only reservation and you decide to add the FD plan later (if they offer it) then they can not add it directly to your original reservation. They must cancel and refund your previous deposit and then re-issue a new reservation. If you book a package now instead (with at least one day park passes) then they can add the FD directly to your existing reservation. You do not need to include dining in your package at this time.

I agree that this is the case. This is the reason we booked 7 nights with a 1 day ticket for all of us. This is a quote from our travel agent in an email they sent to us.

"This reservation would not need to be canceled if free dining became available and a new deposit would not need to be paid. Since you were requesting the one day pass, I quoted this as a package. No new deposit would need to be paid. If we book it now as a room only, we would not be able to add the tickets, one night’s stay would need to be paid (which is more than the $200) and if the free dining came available we would have to rebook and get new deposits on a package."

My intention is to upgrade the one day passes to AP's when we arrive.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #220
AKLforever
Mouseketeer

Cool, good to know, thank you
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 AM   #221
mousebit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't count on Chase to notify you. I use my Disney Visa regularly and get all kinds of email from them but for some reason I'm never notified of the free dining offer. There was some discussion about this last year and others had the same experience - we all learned about it on the DISboards, not from Chase.

No problem tho if you just watch these boards and subscribe to threads like this. You'll learn it here first. We had no problem booking last year after I discovered the info here. Just have your credit card ready to book when the dates are released. It's great to have those few extra days before the general public can book so you can pretty much get whatever your want. And we had a blast! Can't wait for free dining this year - lets keep our fingers crossed!

mousebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #222
lizandjason
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
The bounceback is a special offer given only to those who have recently stayed at Disney.
Do you have to book the bounceback offer BEFORE you check out? We just got back a week ago. Can we call now and get the offer? Fingers are crossed!!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #223
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizandjason View Post
Do you have to book the bounceback offer BEFORE you check out? We just got back a week ago. Can we call now and get the offer? Fingers are crossed!!
Sorry, but by all accounts, Disney is very strict about the bounceback being booked ONLY while the guest is on-site
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #224
Tomh
DIS Veteran

Yes, it has been repeated here many many times, by many people in the know, and was clearly printed on the bounceback flyer in our room that you MUST book the bounceback, and make your $200 deposit while you are still in the world.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #225
AKLforever
Mouseketeer

I have a 2 part question, but in the end its all about the free dining plan.
I swear I saw somewhere on here a place to stay in disney that allows dogs, maybe it was the wilderness camp cabins? Im not sure, but would the FDP apply to that with tickets of course?

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: