Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #196
VickynMickey
WDW in our sites

Question Few ? about free dining

We are planning a trip Oct 8th thru 13th. What hotels do they offer the free dining with??? Is it available to the general public? We want to stay at the Pop, if we have a ressie already can we add the free dining to the ressie?
Thanks for any help

Our WDW Trips: 1988 Class Trip 2 days, 1989 One Day in the World after Naval Boot Camp Graduation, 2000 Kids First trip to WDW 9 nights ASMo, 2003 Land/Sea trip 7 nights CBR/Disney Wonder, 2004 6 nights offsite/4 nights Universal Studios, March 25th-30th 2007 5 nights ASMo, Pop Century Sept. 24th-30th 2009
VickynMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #197
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickynMickey View Post
We are planning a trip Oct 8th thru 13th. What hotels do they offer the free dining with??? Is it available to the general public? We want to stay at the Pop, if we have a ressie already can we add the free dining to the ressie?
Thanks for any help
I'm not sure if they will offer FD between Oct 8th-13th. I think that the general public offer usually ends during the first week of Oct, but you never know.
What a great way to spend your 40th bday - I spent my 40th in WDW last October and it was my best birthday ever.
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #198
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickynMickey View Post
Thanks for any help
Also not sure if it would be offered during your time frame. FD was available to the general public during late August & September for the past 4 years and it has been offered at all the resorts.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #199
AKLforever
Mouseketeer

This is a question partly to people who did the FD in 2008, and partly to everyone else. What were the dates of 08s FD? and I read somewhere, maybe here, that the 2008 FD was modified to only cover the dinner, and not the appetizer or dessert. Is that true? And if it is, do you think they will do that this year too? Thank you in advance!
AKLforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #200
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLforever View Post
This is a question partly to people who did the FD in 2008, and partly to everyone else. What were the dates of 08s FD? and I read somewhere, maybe here, that the 2008 FD was modified to only cover the dinner, and not the appetizer or dessert. Is that true? And if it is, do you think they will do that this year too? Thank you in advance!
The FD Plan that was offered was the same as the Basic Dining Plan.
1-Snack, 1-CS Meal (includes Drink, entree' and Dessert)and 1-TS Meal per Night of stay.
On the Basic Dining Plan-TS Meal include Drink (non-alcoholic drink, Entree' and Dessert (tip not included).
In 2007 the Basic Dining Plan included the appetizer, dessert and tip but now
it only includes the Dessert. We just have to wait and see if Disney will offer FD to Everyone this year.
Keep checking back for all of the rumors come end of March. Last Year Rumors started around 1st of March
with confermation around the 1st of April. Last year FD was from Last DAy of Aug. to end of Sept. During Peak
Hurricane Season. We've Done FD for 2 years and will be there this coming year also.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #201
jmlipari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
The FD Plan that was offered was the same as the Basic Dining Plan.
1-Snack, 1-CS Meal (includes Drink, entree' and Dessert)and 1-TS Meal per Night of stay.
On the Basic Dining Plan-TS Meal include Drink (non-alcoholic drink, Entree' and Dessert (tip not included).
In 2007 the Basic Dining Plan included the appetizer, dessert and tip but now
it only includes the Dessert. We just have to wait and see if Disney will offer FD to Everyone this year.
Keep checking back for all of the rumors come end of March. Last Year Rumors started around 1st of March
with confermation around the 1st of April. Last year FD was from Last DAy of Aug. to end of Sept. During Peak
Hurricane Season. We've Done FD for 2 years and will be there this coming year also.
Just wondering if they will ever allow substituting an appetizer for a dessert? I'm not that much of a dessert eater and would much prefer an appetizer. Has anyone ever tried this?
Sept 2009 - Contemporary
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/plhfgj8ldkkmb578.png[/img]
jmlipari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #202
disneymom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlipari View Post
Just wondering if they will ever allow substituting an appetizer for a dessert? I'm not that much of a dessert eater and would much prefer an appetizer. Has anyone ever tried this?
No, you cannot substitute. They are very strict about this.
Sept. 2008- Pop Century 11 days
Sept. 2010- Carribean Beach 12 days
Oct. 2011- Free Dining at Paradise Pier at DL! 6 days
Dec. 2012- DL- Hojo Kids Suite 7 days
disneymom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #203
AKLforever
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlipari View Post
Hehe, im the same way. I went in 07 and that one included the appetizer per person, which was a lot of food for one person to eat, lol.
AKLforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #204
TULIPS1726
Earning My Ears

Adjusting reservations if free dining is offerred???

Okay I have a question...We are planning a Disney trip for Sept 2010...my little cousin is playing at the World of Sports baseball tournement...if we book our trip late this year or early next year and then the FD is offered in April, will they adjust my reservations to reflect the FD? We wanted to book early to make sure we will be there...before it gets booked up from the FD when it opens up.

I know it is far away...but we would rather be safe than sorry...we were even thinking of booking this a year in advance.

Thanks!!!

Lovin' me some Thirty One Bags!!

www.mythirtyone.com/heatherL31/
TULIPS1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #205
Tomh
DIS Veteran

They won't automatically adjust your reservation for you. If / when the free dining is announced, you can call and add it to your reservation as long as a room is available in your hotel for the dining plan. If there are no rooms available in your hotel, then you may have to switch to a different resort in order to take advantage of the free dining.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #206
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

subbing and wishing for free dining.... Disney is offering some great deals this year (4&3, giftcards...ect...) I am hoping that since Sept is thier down month they offer something really good... GOOD LUCK TO ALL WAITING AND WANTING! Lets hope we can celebrate w/ FREE DINING !!!

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #207
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
subbing and wishing for free dining.... Disney is offering some great deals this year (4&3, giftcards...ect...) I am hoping that since Sept is thier down month they offer something really good... GOOD LUCK TO ALL WAITING AND WANTING! Lets hope we can celebrate w/ FREE DINING !!!
I am sure that you will get something really great in September. As long as you are flexible in terms of where you are willing to stay, I wouldn't be surprised if this year has better deals than previous years.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #208
mamhebert
Earning My Ears

Any word on free dining for August?
mamhebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #209
jparc
Mouseketeer

question-when reservations stradles free dining

We are planning to be in WDW from 8/18-8/28. If they offer free dining for just the second portion of our trip I would like to take advantage of it and maybe even switch resorts. Its my understanding ( correct me if I'm wrong) that you have to purchase a package to get free dining. If I buy a 10 day hopper on the first part of the vacation and then just a one day pass at the second hotel or the second portion of the trip will that satisfy that requirement? Also, if I don't switch hotels would I need to book as two seperate packages at all?
( Hoping that they may offer it earlier than usually this year and it won't be a problem but I want to have my info. straight just in case).

Last edited by jparc; 01-29-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: 'cause my typing is bad
jparc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #210
Tomh
DIS Veteran

From what I've read, you will indeed have to book as two separate stays, with the second stay starting on the first day of the free dining, and with at least a one day ticket as part of that second stay.

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: