Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #166
DisneyCapers
Mouseketeer

Hi,
We booked this week and now we are (im)patiently waiting for free dining. We went in 07 and loved it. I didn't realize that ADR's can only be booked 90 days ahead now. When did they change that?
August 2012Carribean Beach Resort!!
Me DH DD13 DD10
DisneyCapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #167
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Hoping for a December Disney Visa Free Dining Promo. If not, we'll just use our DVC points. But if FD comes out for the Disney Visa holders during December, we'll be booking for 14 nights!

I do have a question though. For the first 5 nights, it will be DH, DD, DS, and myself. DH will then have to leave to return to work. Is it considered unethical to use some of his extra credits before he leaves and use some after wards? I will not be sharing his extra credits with other people. I know I could check out when he leaves then check back in, but then I'd be required to purchase another ticket for the rest of us. I remember reading info on the above scenario but don't remember what was said about it.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 01-22-2009 at 10:02 AM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #168
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

Free Dining with Campsite?

Historically, can you get the free dining when you reserve a preferred campsite at Fort Wilderness?
Thanks
Stephanie
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #169
lisaanddenny
Mouseketeer

to those of you that think booking early is better....

the more people that book now or prior to FD, actually, this makes Disney think that they don't need as many rooms for FD, there are only so many rooms that will be alloted for FD and the more people that book early, makes less rooms for FD rooms to be available..................some people will be able to just "change" over to FD if the room they want is available, some people actually have to change resorts. Don't forget the Visa holders get 2 days prior to the general public to book. The values tend to book fast because that is the "best" value, paying less for the room AND getting FD, it is a great value, still a good deal for the Mod and Deluxes but a GREAT deal for values and families with kids!!!! So don't count on that your resort is going to be automatically available, I called last April during general public for ASMu and it was sold out @ 7:20am, I called @ 7:00am and was on hold for 20 minutes and ASMu was sold out by the time I got a hold of the CM, had to get the ASMo. No big big big deal for us, it was a last minute trip, and upgraded to DDXDP, which was GREAT, so instead of going with a Mod, we used that money and upgraded to DDXDP, we loved it and will always do this. We actually ended up getting ASMu in July anyways.........They don't hold rooms for those that are already booked, they have to check availablity for the resort you want under the lot of FD rooms available, so if many many people pre~book and cancel, they just don't add more FD rooms........so it actually hurts if you know for sure you want FD and won't go without it. If you want that time of year regardless of FD, then book but if you know for sure you wont go without FD, wait!
lisaanddenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #170
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

If your husband has to leave and go to work, in order to get the dining package without checking out and back in, you will have to buy him the same park passes as everyone else. So if you all are going most of your 14 days, you will have to spend the extra money to get your husband the same ticket. Most of the time if you book 2 seperate packages and let them know what you are doing, they will try to keep you in your same room.
Watching and waiting with the rest of you. I missed booking FD by 2 weeks last year because I was undecided until the last minute.
And for the person who was wondering about the Disney Visa early announcement, make sure they have your e-mail address. That is always how I get notification of the specials

Me31 DD10 DD7
cheap traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #171
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Just to fan the flames a little bit

I was speaking to my TA today and she said that she'd put money on April 6th as the release date for Disney Visa card holders and that following Thursday for general public release.

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #172
KP2
Earning My Ears

I am not a Disney Visa card holder and I received a an email with a pin # to receive free dining. We are booked for May 23-28.
KP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #173
Jen'sgirls
Earning My Ears

Disney Visa--Not for Canadians

I was looking into getting a Disney Visa with the hopes of getting in on the Free Dining if and when it was offered. We are going Sept 9th -16th Only I read at the bottom of the offer page only for U.S residents. Is this correct?? I just want to make absolutely sure.If anyone knows more about this
re: if your a canadian resident!!Your help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Jen'sgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #174
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen'sgirls View Post
I was looking into getting a Disney Visa with the hopes of getting in on the Free Dining if and when it was offered. We are going Sept 9th -16th Only I read at the bottom of the offer page only for U.S residents. Is this correct?? I just want to make absolutely sure.If anyone knows more about this
re: if your a canadian resident!!Your help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Cdns are not eligible for the Disney Visa but we are eligible for the free dining if offered. And it is usually offered a few days after it has been offered to the disney visa card holders.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #175
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2 View Post
I am not a Disney Visa card holder and I received a an email with a pin # to receive free dining. We are booked for May 23-28.
Just curious, what dates were offered on the pin code you received?
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #176
disneymom0104
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add my thoughts as someone who was anxiously awaiting free dining last year. We booked a bounceback when we were there last Sept., and I am very thankful I don't have to deal with the stress of waiting this year. I know how stressful it is!

Anyway- what I have learned is- there will always be nay-sayers in these threads that make you think it isn't going to happen. Or that make you think if you book a room first, you will not get a room for FD. While either of these things are slightly possible- I don't think they are likely. There was so much anticipation on these boards last year. And when FD was released people didn't even have to spend hours on the phone- they were just able to book online with no wait! (That is what I did) Most people were able to transfer their reservations to what they wanted (the exception I remember being the ASMu suites- these were few and far between to get) Obviously if you are trying to switch a ressie to something else you would have to call. So while nobody knows for sure if it is going to be offered, I think the chances are very high. It is a great promotion for Disney to get people in the parks during hurricane season. In this economy especially I cannot see them doing away with this promotion (and the fact that they are offering it other times of the year to certain people is a good thing, too).

Also- you can't compare what is offered to England and other countries to what is offered in the US. The fact that we booked a bounceback- at a value resort- with the regular dining plan- I think hints that they will do it similar to how they have done it in the past.

All of this to say- these same concerns were posted here last year. It is going to happen/it isn't going to happen; you can't add it to an existing reservation/most people were able to with no problems; the values sell out in minutes/the values did sell out quicker than the other resorts, but they were available for a few days at the very least; you can't use it at a value/values were included.

So while I think it is possible that Disney may change it slightly (and will probably shorten the timeframe as they do each year) (bounceback always gets a longer range to choose from)- I do think it will happen. They have done it pretty much the same way since it started, and in this economy I don't see them making any drastic changes.

I feel very positive that it will happen If there were no bounceback offers in Sept. it would make me a little more nervous, but since there were I feel very good they will offer it again.
Sept. 2008- Pop Century 11 days
Sept. 2010- Carribean Beach 12 days
Oct. 2011- Free Dining at Paradise Pier at DL! 6 days
Dec. 2012- DL- Hojo Kids Suite 7 days
disneymom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #177
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom0104 View Post
I just wanted to add my thoughts as someone who was anxiously awaiting free dining last year. We booked a bounceback when we were there last Sept., and I am very thankful I don't have to deal with the stress of waiting this year. I know how stressful it is!

Anyway- what I have learned is- there will always be nay-sayers in these threads that make you think it isn't going to happen. Or that make you think if you book a room first, you will not get a room for FD. While either of these things are slightly possible- I don't think they are likely. There was so much anticipation on these boards last year. And when FD was released people didn't even have to spend hours on the phone- they were just able to book online with no wait! (That is what I did) Most people were able to transfer their reservations to what they wanted (the exception I remember being the ASMu suites- these were few and far between to get) Obviously if you are trying to switch a ressie to something else you would have to call. So while nobody knows for sure if it is going to be offered, I think the chances are very high. It is a great promotion for Disney to get people in the parks during hurricane season. In this economy especially I cannot see them doing away with this promotion (and the fact that they are offering it other times of the year to certain people is a good thing, too).

Also- you can't compare what is offered to England and other countries to what is offered in the US. The fact that we booked a bounceback- at a value resort- with the regular dining plan- I think hints that they will do it similar to how they have done it in the past.

All of this to say- these same concerns were posted here last year. It is going to happen/it isn't going to happen; you can't add it to an existing reservation/most people were able to with no problems; the values sell out in minutes/the values did sell out quicker than the other resorts, but they were available for a few days at the very least; you can't use it at a value/values were included.

So while I think it is possible that Disney may change it slightly (and will probably shorten the timeframe as they do each year) (bounceback always gets a longer range to choose from)- I do think it will happen. They have done it pretty much the same way since it started, and in this economy I don't see them making any drastic changes.

I feel very positive that it will happen If there were no bounceback offers in Sept. it would make me a little more nervous, but since there were I feel very good they will offer it again.
Ditto

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #178
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

question bounceback

If Disney does do the bounceback, Since I am going in June this year and it will be six of us staying at POFQ, If I take the bounce back offer can I use it next year and stay in All Stars or POP instead just for 2 people?
Thanks

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #179
khighgirl
Earning My Ears

Quick question...are Florida residents typically eligible for FD?

Thanks,
Kelli
khighgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #180
Disney's Fab 4
Luv'n The House Of Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khighgirl View Post
Quick question...are Florida residents typically eligible for FD?

Thanks,
Kelli

Yes, you would still have to follow whatever the promo says... stay for so many nights, buy so many parks tickets.... But yes, Florida residents are eligible.

Disney's Fab 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: