Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #1651
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmks View Post
For those of you who have already booked the FD, do they give you the option between the original DDP or the QSP? We are hoping we can get the QSP for this trip. We are two families going together. The other family has never been to WDW and have said that they would prefer to focus on the rides, shows and attractions and do not wish to spend a lot time at sit down meals.
No, I do not believe it is an option. But the basic DDP only has one TS meal per day. I really don't find spending an hour and a half having a decent sit down meal each day as detracting from our vacation, but maybe that's just us.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #1652
meljw1960
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
are we sure they will be releasing to the general public on Monday the 30th?

I just called WDW Travel and she said she didnt know anything.
I contacted my TA this morning and she was already on top of it. she'll be taking care of my ressie on Monday.

one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #1653
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those of you who have already booked the FD, do they give you the option between the original DDP or the QSP? We are hoping we can get the QSP for this trip. We are two families going together. The other family has never been to WDW and have said that they would prefer to focus on the rides, shows and attractions and do not wish to spend a lot time at sit down meals.
Does anyone know if they will still convert some of the TS credits to CS credits?

Or, you could always use the TS credits for early bkfasts before the parks open, or late dinners after the parks have closed.

Kim
Old 03-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #1654
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruley View Post
This is our first time on the DDP, and we'll be there during free dining. I've read people talk about some snacks and drinks (like smoothies) that are sometimes allowed on the DDP, and sometimes not. Is it fair to assume that during Free Dining, they are going to be very strict about what they allow on the DDP?....no smoothies for us!
I have done FDP 3 times and I don't think they are any stricter on what you can get. If it is normally allowed on the plan you can get it. We have always gotten shakes for drinks at table service restaurants that offer it. Examples are Sci Fi, Prime Time, Le Cellier, WCC and Turf Club. We are going again this year 8/16 - 8/25.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1655
meljw1960
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanasboys View Post
alternative pirate, of course, it depends on your travel party, ticket type, resort level, length of stay, etc. but mine was $1,998 for 9 nights at POP (value resort) with 8 day Park Hoppers for 2 adults, DS13 and DS6. Awesome price!

oops...sorry...didn't see your resort preference there already...mine's a value instead of a moderate
We're booked for two rooms at POP 2 adults in each room so for each room this was what we paid. $1356 for 7 nights, 2 adults with 8 day base tickets with parkhopping AND water park and more options..

it comes out to about $678 per person and of course, we will be getting free dining also.. Great deal!!!

one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1656
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwant2BAprincess View Post
I hope I am doing this right-1st timer. I have a question for all the Visa card holders...How does the 6 mo no interest on vacation packages really work? Do you have 6 mo from the date of charge or from the original booking date?

Thanks
You have 6 months from the day you pay. So if you pay a $200 deposit now that is due in 6 months. Then if you pay off your balance in July or August the rest is due 6 months from that date. It is clearly seperated out on your statement so you know exactly how much is due and when it is due.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #1657
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyMouse76 View Post
I feel a little nervous - what do you suggest. I called at 7:15 eastern time today and was only on hold for about 2 minutes. The guy was very nice and seemed good. He got to what seemed like the last screen and it kept hanging on him. He put me on hold for a while and then came back. He said he was still waiting for someone to pick up (where ever he was calling for help). While he was on hold he went back in and said it looked like it took. Should I be nervous? I know others had glitches.... If he saw it on the screen when he went back in - am I good to go? I don't want any suprises later on for something that was totally not my fault!!!

Thanks and any advice would be great!
If you got a reservation confirmation #, you're good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceavis View Post
Did you guys get a email with a code?I have a Disney Visa have not got anything.
I NEVER rely on DV to email me. LOL
Disboards and Mousesavers are ALWAYS faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan View Post
Question for those of you who have already booked- did they make you pay the deposit immediately or are they still able to do the 10 day courtesy hold?

I plan to book on Monday when they release general public code but my paycheck doesn't get direct deposited until Wed at 12am, so I am really hoping that they still do this, otherwise I'll have to wait until Wed to book.

Thanks and congrats to all who got the dates and resort they wanted.

Kim
It's being reported NO courtesy holds (I think I saw that on Touring plans).
Whether that is for the DV sale only, don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMCT88 View Post
Is there a list of restaurants I can look at also, what happens if you don't say use your cs on one day do you lose it, or can you use it for snacks at the end. I think what I am saying is if you don't use it all on that day do you lose it?
You don't lose them. They are good until Midnight of the day you check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMCT88 View Post
So if on my last day I am leaving in the morning, is it better to just grab snacks to use up the left over ts and snack credit left. Also can you use the snack credit at goofys candy store
Snacks at Goofys, yes. TS or CS for snacks, no. TS for CS, sometimes, usually during free dining, but don't bet on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwant2BAprincess View Post
I hope I am doing this right-1st timer. I have a question for all the Visa card holders...How does the 6 mo no interest on vacation packages really work? Do you have 6 mo from the date of charge or from the original booking date?

Thanks
I think it's from the time you book - so today for me. That's part of the reason I wait until almost the payment due date (45 days out) to pay my balance. You can also make payments as you go along, if that helps. Final payments are due 45 days out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruley View Post
This is our first time on the DDP, and we'll be there during free dining. I've read people talk about some snacks and drinks (like smoothies) that are sometimes allowed on the DDP, and sometimes not. Is it fair to assume that during Free Dining, they are going to be very strict about what they allow on the DDP?....no smoothies for us!
They don't know who has the free dining, and they seem to allow what they allow normally. And that varies from restaurant to restaurant, and sometimes from server to server. So, no, they don't seem any stricter. But that definately could vary by situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceavis View Post
I am trying to decide what to do here. My friend is at Disney right now with his family.I can not get in touch to see if he wants to do this deal.I do not want to tie up more money If he does not want to go.I did not see an answer if you can do the 10 day hold he will be back before then.Is it worth going with the park hoppers at the end of September or should I save there I will not be doing the water parks.Thanks
We like the parkhoppers when combined with free dining, because you are not locked into dining only at the park you are at.
But it definately can be done without, especially if you utilize the hotel restaurants.

Quote:
No. Only Reg. Dinig plan, or pay extra to upgrade.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #1658
Iwant2BAprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYNY View Post
You have 6 months from the day you pay. So if you pay a $200 deposit now that is due in 6 months. Then if you pay off your balance in July or August the rest is due 6 months from that date. It is clearly seperated out on your statement so you know exactly how much is due and when it is due.
great-that is the clarification I was looking for-Thanks for you help!!!
Iwant2BAprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #1659
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

Now, the next step

Now that I have free dining, I have to figure out where to eat. I want to experience things other than Pecos Bill which we usually do multiple times just to save money when we were paying out of pocket. Time to start stalking a new thread LOL. Congrats to all who got the FDDP!!
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #1660
serene56
DIS Veteran

i have a question regarding the free dining-- for people who booked their package ahead of time and only added the code-- was it actually cheaper?

the reason I am asking- I have been looking at pricing for Sept and had a handle on what it would cost-- on paper---subtracted the dining cost for the week.

Anyways-- since free dining has now been announced --those prices I was seeing before are not even close to what the price I was looking at. there is a $600.00 difference in the totals-- Now free dining doesnt seem like its worth it to me.

Do the hotels raise their rates in order for the free dining to work?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #1661
mbanks21
DIS Veteran

Free dining is the dining plan for free. The room and ticket price stays exactly the same. If you HAD a room discount you would lose it for the free dining but disney doesnt raise the price of anything to give you free dining
mbanks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #1662
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
i have a question regarding the free dining-- for people who booked their package ahead of time and only added the code-- was it actually cheaper?

the reason I am asking- I have been looking at pricing for Sept and had a handle on what it would cost-- on paper---subtracted the dining cost for the week.

Anyways-- since free dining has now been announced --those prices I was seeing before are not even close to what the price I was looking at. there is a $600.00 difference in the totals-- Now free dining doesnt seem like its worth it to me.

No. There must be something else that is not the same.
Tax? Trip ins? different view or preferred vs. standard? Type of ticket?
Also, mid Aug -- end of Sept. is value season, Oct. kicks into the next level up, so that would affect prices.
Hope you get it figured out!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #1663
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

If you are looking at some of the prices people here are referencing please keep in mind that many people are only purchasing a one day base ticket per person, which is what is required to book the free dining promotion, which could also be a significant increase or decrease in the package price.

Also, if you are booking a package and you are not using AAA or a pin code or some other fantastic deal more than likely the cost of the room is at rack rate, then you factor in the season and the price also fluctuates. Hope this helped shed some light on the situation.

But, in short your answer is no. If you already had a package including hotel and tickets and you add the FD nothing should change in the pricing just you get DDP for free, provided you do not change hotels, dates, or ticket options.
Kim
Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #1664
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I got free dining so now I really will have to structure my plans and have a couple of back up ones also
Old 03-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #1665
Mason's Mom
Mouseketeer

GOT FREE DINING TODAY!!!

I am sooooo excited!!

Now just waiting on the 90 day mark to come up so I can make ADR
Pop Sept 10-15 2011 Free Dining
CSR Sept 24-29 2010 Free Dining
All Star Movies Sept 12-18 2009 Free Dining
All Star Music Sept 20-26 2008 Free Dining
Pop Feb 2007 Free Dining
ME DH DS