Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #1606
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMCT88 View Post
So if on my last day I am leaving in the morning, is it better to just grab snacks to use up the left over ts and snack credit left. Also can you use the snack credit at goofys candy store
I don't beleive you can "exchange" snacks for Table Service or Counter Service Credits. If you think you are going to have extra TS credits, just book a couple of Signature Dining ADRS that take two dining credits.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #1607
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

are we sure they will be releasing to the general public on Monday the 30th?

I just called WDW Travel and she said she didnt know anything.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #1608
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
Just go to the Disney website and book a package WITHOUT adding the DDP and that is the cost your package would be with the free dining code applied to it.

Duh!! Why didn't I think of that!! Thanks
Kim
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #1609
lanasboys
Mouseketeer

Yay! Just booked POP - 2 rooms for 9 nights Sept 11-20 w/free dining. I feel so relieved now to actually have it booked. I was holding my breath afraid for some reason they wouldn't offer it this year. I'm so excited. This will be my DS6's first trip, everyone else's second. Now I have to start thinking about what days at which parks so I can do ADRs. Oh, I have a headache already!!!
lanasboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #1610
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
I went to Disney Visa Rewards site because I was not sent an
Email and found the offer. From what I can get from the ad
the only 2 deluxe Resorts are SS and OKW. Does anyone know
if these are the only Deluxe resort that can get FD package?
Those are just examples, you will need to call Disney Reservations and see which Deluxes have availability. Since this is the first day of the promotion, most should still have availability.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #1611
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbgiddy View Post
Well, we just booked our trip with Free Dining! Success!!! We thought it would be worth making this our first post. Yes, we're giddy.
It only gets worse . . .

WELCOME!

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #1612
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

No, that is just examples. I booked WL and read someone booked the Poly
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #1613
girlpenguin
Mouseketeer

Yay!!!!!

I was so stressed this morning...I called first thing and got through right away to a cast member, but was told I couldn't add free dining on to our existing reservation because I had done it through a travel agent. So I had to wait until the agent got in at 8:30 CST (9:30 EST), leave her a message, etc. She just called me...she was able to add on free dining to our plan!

We have a 2-bedroom villa in the Wilderness Lodge Villas. There are 5 of us staying in it - 4 adults and one child - so this saves us a ton! We'll be there Sept. 11-18. Now, all I have to decide is if we want to mess with MNSSHP.

Yay!!!!!
girlpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #1614
shruley
Mouseketeer

Stricter during Free Dining?

This is our first time on the DDP, and we'll be there during free dining. I've read people talk about some snacks and drinks (like smoothies) that are sometimes allowed on the DDP, and sometimes not. Is it fair to assume that during Free Dining, they are going to be very strict about what they allow on the DDP?....no smoothies for us!
2005- Polynesian
2002- POFQ & AKL
shruley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #1615
jb01
DIS Veteran

Good job.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #1616
lanasboys
Mouseketeer

Yay, girlpenguin! We'll be there the same time as you, and I have the same dilemma. I can't decide about MNSSHP. Have you done the Halloween party before?
lanasboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #1617
mericletwins
DIS Veteran

Free Dining/Annual Pass?

Is there anyway to avoid paying for the one day park ticket that you need to book free dining if you have an annual pass? A friend told me that she thinks that you get credit for that one day ticket when you renew your annual pass. Is she correct? Or is she confused and you get credit if you book that one day ticket and upgrade to an annual pass while you are there for free dining?

On deck: BC CL August 21-29

BWI 9/12 POP 6/12 BLT & BCV 4/12 POR 4/11 BCV & THV 1/10 CBR 6/10 POP 8/09 CR-MK view 3/09 POR 6/08 BC/Poly Conc./GF conc. 1/08 BCV 4/07 CBR 6/06 BCV 4/06 OKW 10/04 OKW Thanksgiving 03 CBR 3/00 Off-site March '93, March '88, HS Sr Trip Spring '87
mericletwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #1618
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

From the Disney Rewards website:

EnjoyDining Plan with purchase of one of these 5 nights/6days Magic Your Way Vacation Packages

Take advantage of this Walt Disney World® Resort offer and save on dining during your vacation. With the Disney Dining Plan, you can choose from over 100 select Disney restaurants, including Character dining, and receive one quick service meal, a select snack, and one table service meal per person, per night of your package. (Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must choose from the kids' menu, if available.)

This Magic Your Way Vacation Package also includes:

Walt Disney World® Theme Park Tickets. Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

And with this package you can enjoy special benefits including:

Stay in a Select Disney Resort Hotel and receive complimentary transportation to-and-from Orlando International Airport with Disney's Magical Express service.

Extra Magic Hours Benefit. You and your family can take advantage of extra time in a Disney Theme Park each day to enjoy select attractions. (Valid Theme Park admission required.)

Guest Transportation. Complimentary, convenient transportation takes your family from your Disney Resort hotel to all four Disney Theme Parks and more - throughout the day!

1 Offers subject to change without notice. Present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for special offers or entry into the Character Meet 'N' Greet Event. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Minimum purchase and/or separate Theme Park admission may be required. Offer elements, including but not limited to participating locations, are subject to availability, and additional restrictions, and may change or be canceled without notice. Please visit DisneyRewards.com for full terms and conditions.
2 Get 0% APR for 6 months on certain U.S. Theme Park ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, and Adventures by Disney packages $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction when booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company and charged to your Disney Rewards Visa Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions apply. For complete details be sure to refer to the Cardmember Agreement.
3 Important Details: Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. For reservations made between March 26, 2009 and March 29, 2009, deposit must be made at the time of booking using your Disney Rewards Visa Card.

Offer made by Disney. Chase Bank USA, N.A. and its affiliates are not affiliates of Disney and are not responsible for the offer fulfillment.
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #1619
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir10 View Post
OK, I'm new to this free dining thing. Can some one explain it to me, how it works, requirements, or where I can get more info on it? Thanks.
Since 2005, Disney has been offering the Free Dining promo for Magic Your way packages with a 3 night minimum and a 14 day maximum (Basic Dining Plan; 1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack per person per night) during the last part of August until the end of September, give or take a few days. The free dining offer is usually announced during the first week of April, but actually got released today. The first couple of days it will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then will open up to the general public on Monday. The booking dates for 2009 for the general public will be August 16 through October 3 and you will have to book by June 21 to receive the FD offer.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #1620
alternativepirate
Mouseketeer

So how much did the package cost for Port Orleans Riverside? lets say for 7 days...anyone?
Anyone book this?

alternativepirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: