Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #1441
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
On Saturday, my DH asked me to look into a Disney cruise for next year! WOOHOO!!!
Oh you lucky duck!!
Hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklam View Post
Hey All: Just a quick post to report in. We just got back from a fabulous trip, but boy, are we beat!! Trying to do everything in 5 days is hard work.

Weather (except for the first day when it was in the mid 50's) was marvelous, albeit a bit chilly in the mornings, but nothing a fleece or hoodie couldn't handle. By noon, it was in the mid to upper 70's. And for anyone there now or heading down this week - the weather reports say it could get up to the 80's. Just perfect. Crowds were heavier than I expected, but I think the most we waited for any ride was 35 minutes.

DD just reported in from NY - she literally landed at the same time we did and walked into her dorm just as we were walking into the house. Big dose of reality coming home to freezing cold (20 right now) and a big snowstorm headed our way tomorrow night. Oh well...........

Will try to do a more thorough recap tomorrow, but back to work in the AM and right after work, will go and collect the cat, who ended up doing very well at my dad's house while we were gone. Now, I feel bad, because he really enjoyed her company - maybe we'll have to adopt one of his very own!
Welcome back! Glad everything went well for you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it.
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #1442
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Glad to hear everyone is having a great time!!! I'm so excited about my October trip I've been reading about MNSSHP!! Sorry I haven't been around too much I have been working on my trip report and trying to spend time with the hubby I abandonned...poor thing he is LOL!!!

Can't wait to hear more from our snowbirds returning this week LOL!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #1443
dklam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMagicforBunky View Post
Can I ask those who are headed down this week, based on the weather reports, are you packing for warm weather, as in capris/shorts every day? The nightime low's are in the 50's, will you switch to jeans for that or just throw on a jacket?

Thanks!
We did both. DD and I stayed in capris/shorts at night and just added a hoodie/jacket, but DH changed into jeans if we happened to stop back at the room before going back out at night (but he is always cold, but I think his diabetes affects his circulation at times). It was also a little chilly in the AM, so we ended up either putting our jackets in our drawstring backpacks or in a locker at the entrance.

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #1444
drakes
DIS Veteran

We're back!

I am seriously considering doing a TR! Just to force myself to remember all the things that happened.
We were up early, to bed late and I am exhausted!
I unfortunately got the sinus congstion on the return flight. I was ok until they sealed the plane for take off, and then it felt like my head would explode when we landed. Today I feel a bit dizzy and very stuffed up!
Good news is- we did not get sick while at disney, no stomach bugs, no colds for any of us.

As a reminder...
We were on the deluxe dining and we're sick of chewing! LOL. We even didn't bother with our last day lunch because we simply weren't hungry. We used most of our snack credits at Goofy's on Saturday! Yummy!
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 days. We only ran into one trasnportation issue on our last night at MK, we had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus. The boat launch was packed and in waiting as well. Maybe it was a sign Mickey didn't want us to leave!
It was cold the first few days- jeans, hoodies, jackets and mini gloves at night. As per the news it was the coldest frost in something like 23 years! Poor flowers on Main St were dead by nightfall- but they magically came back the next day!
There is only one thing I know I did not cross of my to do list- Grapefruit Cake at DHS. I may come across others as I go thru my journal. Every morning we had early breakfast ressies and transport got us there on time or early!
If you have any questions please ask. I planned long and hard for this trip. I found our 2007 trip much more magical, I think I over planned this trip!
Our Bounceback offer was no good for us
Dd has asked we do a mother daughter trip- so I think I will plan that next, hopefully this same year??? who knows... I need to do something to cure the depression... I know reading the snowbird trip reports will help- so I am off to do that!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #1445
sunshine43
Mouseketeer

Good Afternoon

If anyone wants to see some of the pictures I took earlier this month when we were in Disney, click here

http://s544.photobucket.com/albums/hh351/robing44/

albums listed on the left and if you click on the pictures, most have captions

robin
sunshine43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #1446
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
I am seriously considering doing a TR! Just to force myself to remember all the things that happened.
We were up early, to bed late and I am exhausted!
I unfortunately got the sinus congstion on the return flight. I was ok until they sealed the plane for take off, and then it felt like my head would explode when we landed. Today I feel a bit dizzy and very stuffed up!
Good news is- we did not get sick while at disney, no stomach bugs, no colds for any of us.

As a reminder...
We were on the deluxe dining and we're sick of chewing! LOL. We even didn't bother with our last day lunch because we simply weren't hungry. We used most of our snack credits at Goofy's on Saturday! Yummy!
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 days. We only ran into one trasnportation issue on our last night at MK, we had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus. The boat launch was packed and in waiting as well. Maybe it was a sign Mickey didn't want us to leave!
It was cold the first few days- jeans, hoodies, jackets and mini gloves at night. As per the news it was the coldest frost in something like 23 years! Poor flowers on Main St were dead by nightfall- but they magically came back the next day!
There is only one thing I know I did not cross of my to do list- Grapefruit Cake at DHS. I may come across others as I go thru my journal. Every morning we had early breakfast ressies and transport got us there on time or early!
If you have any questions please ask. I planned long and hard for this trip. I found our 2007 trip much more magical, I think I over planned this trip!
Our Bounceback offer was no good for us
Dd has asked we do a mother daughter trip- so I think I will plan that next, hopefully this same year??? who knows... I need to do something to cure the depression... I know reading the snowbird trip reports will help- so I am off to do that!
Welcome Home!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling to well I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

I know how you feel I'm having a great time reliving my trip by writing my trip report!! You will enjoy every minute you have!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

I too was on Deluxe and you are right it was way too much food at times for me and I brought home a lot of fudge, apples, and I wish more pretzel rods...oh well I either need to learn to make them for myself or wait till October!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #1447
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We had some bus issues while at the Wilderness Lodge, too. We waited for an Epcot bus on morning FOREVER! It was so bad that DH said that he wouldn't stay anywhere but the Poly from now on Twist my arm . . .

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #1448
drakes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
We had some bus issues while at the Wilderness Lodge, too. We waited for an Epcot bus on morning FOREVER! It was so bad that DH said that he wouldn't stay anywhere but the Poly from now on Twist my arm . . .
We were at the Poly for 3 meals
Kona- Tonga toast! the best !
Ohana for dinner
Ohana for Chanracter breakfast on our last day.

After Lilo and Stitch we went to the beach and Sunset Point to take pictures... this is definitely where I'd want to stay next! I love that WL is enclosed- not walking to a main building... but the transportation could have been better. We stayed at All Stars in Jan 2007 and had better transport most likely due to higher volumes of guests?

My Dd said her favorite was the Poly as well. We did alot of resort hopping for meals or due to the buses sharing ...

WL
Fort Wilderness
Contemporary
Poly
GF
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Saratoga

I fell in love with the BC as well- the mell when you enter was divine and the Cape May Breakfast was so relaxing... no stress and lots of great character interaction.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #1449
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Oh you lucky duck!!
Hope you're feeling better!
Alas, it's not meant to be. The northern Europe cruise that Disney offers is almost 2x as much as another cruiseline and... I can't even pretend to justify THAT kind of price. Sad.

However, we are going to do a northern Europe cruise next year, so I have something to obsess about until my next Disney trip!! My dear friend and I are hoping to come later in the year.

And thank you, I'm finally getting better! :D

Welcome home, to all the returnees! Can't wait to hear about your trips!!!!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #1450
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hello from WDW!!!!! It is absolutely gorgeous here!!!! We've been wearing shorts and t-shirts/tank tops everyday! We've been renting lockers (except today) and wearing light jackets in the morning, then throwing them in the locker after about an hour. Around 6 or so, we change into our jeans and jackets. It has been amazing! The crowds aren't bad. Today we went to AK until 3pm (we did everything we wanted) and there were TONS of Brazilian tour groups. The wait for FOTLK was extremely annoying. There were about 5 groups in there chanting, singing and stomping their feet. The CMs repeatedly had to tell them to be quiet. Anyways.....

I met Shawna (Disneymommy3) at T-Rex on Saturday night. What an amazing and sweet family she has! Then, after Spectro last night, we met Sheree (Mndisneygirl) and her family at the Emporium. After a few minutes, Shawna and her family came in too! It was our own little Dis/Snowbird meet! It was so nice to meet them. Well, we have to get ready for dinner now! Just wanted to check in!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #1451
dklam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Today we went to AK until 3pm (we did everything we wanted) and there were TONS of Brazilian tour groups. The wait for FOTLK was extremely annoying. There were about 5 groups in there chanting, singing and stomping their feet. The CMs repeatedly had to tell them to be quiet. Anyways.....
Hey Meghan! Glad you are all having a wonderful time. I've only been home a day and depression has set in already...............

We also found a few of the tour groups disturbing at times, and in particular, while waiting in the line for Pirates. The whole set-up of that waiting area is very poor, with people just jammed in every corner and cranny. I don't know how many times we were stepped on, pushed, and at one point - shoved out of the way by a group of teenage girls (in bright yellow sweatsuits, for those of you who may know who I mean!) I told DH and DD that I was really sorry that I never learned Portuguese, which is the native language of both sets of my grandparents, because I would have been able to give them a piece of my mind in a way that they could understand! I am all for international tourism, but when it impacts the enjoyment of others and impedes safety, then enough is enough. Of course, my DH also had his foot run over by an American tourist wielding an out-of-control stroller directly at him. (and, not even an apology from her, sad to say).

DH was particularly disturbed in Pirates, as he is a reporter who covered a tragic nightclub fire in RI a few years back where people were trapped in the exits trying to get out and 100 died. He just felt that this is an accident waiting to happen and couldn't believe that Disney hasn't thought of this scenario. We signed up to do a follow-up survey while in the park, and will be sure to mention this. It was the only time during our stay that we were disappointed with Disney and hopefully, nothing bad will ever happen.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #1452
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello Snowbirds!

I'm back

WDW and CBR were awesome! The weather was great. Cold the first few days (highs of around 50) but then it was perfect - highs of 78-82! It was a lot more crowded than we expected. I couldn't believe it was January. Wednesday was the only day that it wasn't really crowded. Other than that the wait times were more than I've ever seen in May.

Overall a wonderful trip! Lots to report and tons of pics to share. More tomorrow!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #1453
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

We got home Sunday night...wonderful trip...can't wait to go back again already. It was a little chilly but much better weather than at home. The wait weren't terrible long for us...evening magic hours were great. I got to ride Everest 5 times in 30 minutes Wednesday night. Time for bed now...still getting back into the swing of things at home.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #1454
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were at the Poly for 3 meals
Kona- Tonga toast! the best !
Ohana for dinner
Ohana for Chanracter breakfast on our last day.

After Lilo and Stitch we went to the beach and Sunset Point to take pictures... this is definitely where I'd want to stay next! I love that WL is enclosed- not walking to a main building... but the transportation could have been better. We stayed at All Stars in Jan 2007 and had better transport most likely due to higher volumes of guests?

My Dd said her favorite was the Poly as well. We did alot of resort hopping for meals or due to the buses sharing ...

WL
Fort Wilderness
Contemporary
Poly
GF
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Saratoga

I fell in love with the BC as well- the mell when you enter was divine and the Cape May Breakfast was so relaxing... no stress and lots of great character interaction.
We did dinner at Ohana this trip and really enjoyed it. We had a beautiful view of the Castle, right up next to the window. It was perfect! We had dinner at Kona in 2006 and liked that as well. I can't wait to get back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hello from WDW!!!!! It is absolutely gorgeous here!!!! We've been wearing shorts and t-shirts/tank tops everyday! We've been renting lockers (except today) and wearing light jackets in the morning, then throwing them in the locker after about an hour. Around 6 or so, we change into our jeans and jackets. It has been amazing! The crowds aren't bad. Today we went to AK until 3pm (we did everything we wanted) and there were TONS of Brazilian tour groups. The wait for FOTLK was extremely annoying. There were about 5 groups in there chanting, singing and stomping their feet. The CMs repeatedly had to tell them to be quiet. Anyways.....

I met Shawna (Disneymommy3) at T-Rex on Saturday night. What an amazing and sweet family she has! Then, after Spectro last night, we met Sheree (Mndisneygirl) and her family at the Emporium. After a few minutes, Shawna and her family came in too! It was our own little Dis/Snowbird meet! It was so nice to meet them. Well, we have to get ready for dinner now! Just wanted to check in!
Sounds like you're having a great time so far! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hello Snowbirds!

I'm back

WDW and CBR were awesome! The weather was great. Cold the first few days (highs of around 50) but then it was perfect - highs of 78-82! It was a lot more crowded than we expected. I couldn't believe it was January. Wednesday was the only day that it wasn't really crowded. Other than that the wait times were more than I've ever seen in May.

Overall a wonderful trip! Lots to report and tons of pics to share. More tomorrow!
Welcome back, Shelly! Sorry that it's over for you already. It's always such a let down . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana_liz View Post
We got home Sunday night...wonderful trip...can't wait to go back again already. It was a little chilly but much better weather than at home. The wait weren't terrible long for us...evening magic hours were great. I got to ride Everest 5 times in 30 minutes Wednesday night. Time for bed now...still getting back into the swing of things at home.
Looks like we are both planning our Snowbird trips for next year already! LOL We'll be there the week before you!

I was talking with my dad last night. He's in the hospital . . . had to have his prostate removed (damn cancer) Anyhoo, I've been trying to talk him into going back to Disney for some time now. The last trip my parents made was back in 1998 when I graduated from college. My dad has been very resistant, as he never wanted to bother with any of it. HOWEVER, the last couple of weeks he's been asking lots of questions. I guess because my brother and his family had a trip in September and we are just back, too. Now he and my mom want to make a trip down and spend several days. He said he wants to stay a long time because he doesn't "want to miss a singe thing". I am so psyched! My dad is a big kid and I know he's going to have a fabulous time. I'm hoping to talk them in to going with us in January. It will be nice to have them at the finish line cheering us on.

I can't wait to start planning officially! Why does Disney do this to me?

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #1455
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
I can't wait to start planning officially! Why does Disney do this to me?
I get this way with any vacation planning!! But in your case, I think it's setting up to be EXTRA special!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: