Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #1426
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMagicforBunky View Post
Can I ask those who are headed down this week, based on the weather reports, are you packing for warm weather, as in capris/shorts every day? The nightime low's are in the 50's, will you switch to jeans for that or just throw on a jacket?

Thanks!
I leave on Tuesday, and it looks like it's really going to warm up. So I am bringing some bermuda shorts, light kahki pants, tanks, tees, a few jeans, and a few light long sleeve shirts. Maybe 2 hoodies as well.

I went to Home Depot today and as I was walking by the paint aisle I detoured into it. H had no idea what I was up to as I grabbed a lime green Mickey! I just have to remember to pin it on my purse now! woot woot! 2 more days! I haven't even started packing, but I am starting laundry tonight so that all of my hang to dry clothes will dry in time!
duncansnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #1427
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, most of our chatty snowbirds must be at WDW - no one's talking!!!
I'm doing all my cleaning - emptying trash etc. washing sheets, packing carry on bags. Then my parents are taking us out to dinner tonight and then to bed!! I hope I can get to sleep! We have to be out the door by 5:30 a.m.!!
Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #1428
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm doing all my cleaning - emptying trash etc. washing sheets, packing carry on bags. Then my parents are taking us out to dinner tonight and then to bed!! I hope I can get to sleep! We have to be out the door by 5:30 a.m.!!
Sadly, I'm just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Stupid head cold has landed in my stupid sinuses and it huuuuuuuuuuuuuurts. No matter how much Sudafed/Advil I take. So, woe I say. Woe.

Go ahead, laugh at me. I'm like a ... a guy!

(This too shall pass!)

Otherwise, I'm trying to work on cross-stitching with moderate success. It might be time to nap.

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #1429
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
Sadly, I'm just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Stupid head cold has landed in my stupid sinuses and it huuuuuuuuuuuuuurts. No matter how much Sudafed/Advil I take. So, woe I say. Woe.

Go ahead, laugh at me. I'm like a ... a guy!

(This too shall pass!)

Otherwise, I'm trying to work on cross-stitching with moderate success. It might be time to nap.
Have you tried using those sinus rinses? Like a netti pot type? I got mine from Target, it's behind the pharmacy counter but you just ask for it and you don't need a prescription. Make sure to buy the little refill mixes with it! The one I have is called NeilMed sinus rinse. It really helps clear sinuses up! Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #1430
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ditto with what you are doing and I have run into an issue My printer broke and I need to log on in 3 hours to southwest to get my spot and print boarding passes! LOL....breathe...breathe...running to Staples and grabbing a new one.

Still need to pack the 3 suitcases....my DH just did his clothes and ran out for sneaks....I've only been asking him all week

Anyhows...hope everyone who is leaving tomorrow and the next few days has a wonderful time.
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #1431
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Ditto with what you are doing and I have run into an issue My printer broke and I need to log on in 3 hours to southwest to get my spot and print boarding passes! LOL....breathe...breathe...running to Staples and grabbing a new one.

Still need to pack the 3 suitcases....my DH just did his clothes and ran out for sneaks....I've only been asking him all week

Anyhows...hope everyone who is leaving tomorrow and the next few days has a wonderful time.
My printer wasn't working either. I messed around and got the boarding passes to print without bar codes! I don't know if that will work, but I think I can manage to do it at a kiosk at the airport. My neighbor offered to let me come over and use hers too.
I did get all checked in with NWA though, so I feel good! Since I'm not checking bags, I just have to go through security! I hope it all works out!

Sarah - feel better soon! I hate having that sinus stuff! I just can't function!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #1432
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncansnickers View Post
Have you tried using those sinus rinses? Like a netti pot type? I got mine from Target, it's behind the pharmacy counter but you just ask for it and you don't need a prescription. Make sure to buy the little refill mixes with it! The one I have is called NeilMed sinus rinse. It really helps clear sinuses up! Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for the suggestions!! Believe it or not, I do have the NeilMed sinus rinse - the sinus specilaist I saw last year highly recommended it. I'm just so congested at this point that nothing really helps. At all. Right now, the Sudafed doesn't have much effect except to take away some of the pain.

But better now that I'm home than when I was in Disney!!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #1433
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

I'm still here. I did a bunch of cleaning this weekend. Now I'm looking at the schedule for Disney On Ice to see if one of the days would work to take 2 girls that I babysit for! However the weekend that it's here, is the older girls 14 birthday...so I'm not sure how that will work out. Luckily there's a couple different dates I can choose from, so I'll let her pick if she wants to...BUT I REALLY WANNA GO!

Other than that, I've been really tired lately. I really think I'm getting sick, so I've been drinking a ton of water and taking a crap load of vitamins/drugs to hopefully ward off anything.

Perhaps I should update my TR at some point..

Sarah- feel better soon!

Those few left - have a great trip!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #1434
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Since I'll be leaving at the crack of dawn, I just wanted to say goodbye for two weeks! I won't be having access to DIS (Yikes!) so I will post when I return. I'm sure there will be lots of TRs to read! I might even do one!!

Thanks for all the help and ideas and guidance and friendship!! It sounds like goodbye, but it's not!!

See you in two weeks!!!

I'm coming tomorrow Mickey!!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #1435
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Quote:
Since I'll be leaving at the crack of dawn, I just wanted to say goodbye for two weeks! I won't be having access to DIS (Yikes!) so I will post when I return. I'm sure there will be lots of TRs to read! I might even do one!!

Thanks for all the help and ideas and guidance and friendship!! It sounds like goodbye, but it's not!!

See you in two weeks!!!

I'm coming tomorrow Mickey!!
Have a blast!! I'll get there Tuesday, so I'll see ya there!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #1436
star2500
Mouseketeer

Took me forever to hook up the new printer...my computer kept freezing. But it was all worth it got A17-A21 That's the lowest ones you can get with Southwest....since they hold A1-A16 for business/first class or whatever it is LOL. Anyhow...can sit and relax in the airport now and not worry that we get split up. Just finished packing and packing my carry on. Everyone that leaves in the morning ...safe travels and enjoy your trip!
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #1437
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Holy cow, no new messages since last night? All our chatty folk are GONE!

Happy Monday, all! My body mocks me and I'm feeling so much better today than I did yesterday.

On Saturday, my DH asked me to look into a Disney cruise for next year! WOOHOO!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #1438
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Hi Everyone!
Cold here and we are going to get some real snow this week. So they are saying...
Anyone know what day Shelly comes home? I am hoping it is after the snow melts away here in Pa.
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #1439
dklam
Mouseketeer

Hey All: Just a quick post to report in. We just got back from a fabulous trip, but boy, are we beat!! Trying to do everything in 5 days is hard work.

Weather (except for the first day when it was in the mid 50's) was marvelous, albeit a bit chilly in the mornings, but nothing a fleece or hoodie couldn't handle. By noon, it was in the mid to upper 70's. And for anyone there now or heading down this week - the weather reports say it could get up to the 80's. Just perfect. Crowds were heavier than I expected, but I think the most we waited for any ride was 35 minutes.

DD just reported in from NY - she literally landed at the same time we did and walked into her dorm just as we were walking into the house. Big dose of reality coming home to freezing cold (20 right now) and a big snowstorm headed our way tomorrow night. Oh well...........

Will try to do a more thorough recap tomorrow, but back to work in the AM and right after work, will go and collect the cat, who ended up doing very well at my dad's house while we were gone. Now, I feel bad, because he really enjoyed her company - maybe we'll have to adopt one of his very own!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #1440
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Just thought I'd say thanks and goodbye tonight, since I'll be leaving early in the morning and I am postitive I'll be rushing around like a maniac! I get sooo nervous right before I go, and I hate leaving my dogs even though they have a great sitter coming over at 7am to stay with them! But I still worry...it's my fulltime job.
Anyways, we're bringing the laptop and hopefully I can get H to spring for wifi at the GF. I think at the AKL since we're CL it's free, but not sure...
So hopefully I'll get a few free minutes to check in, we'll see!
Thanks everyone, hope to see some of you there!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: