Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #856
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
G

Mindy,love the pics---Ry is a little doll!!!!Did he have a blast or what?!! Did you do any EMH and have to keep pulling out y'alls tickets for each ride? How is that working out? I

We did not do any EMH and honestly, there was really no need for us. We, literally, did everything that we wanted to do without needing the extra time. By evening, Rylan was much too tired to go back out. I took him to see Spectro one night but we didn't make it to any fireworks. That was the ONE thing we didn't manage.

We did use some fastpasses here and there but it was more of a precaution. The only thing we needed FP for was Toy Story Mania. I kept all of our cards in the pocket in the strap of my Baggallini. It worked perfectly for us and I always had them close.

Yes, Rylan had a BLAST! He enjoyed everything. It was definitely a fun age to go to Disney.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #857
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Good news-My crocs just got delivered!!! Bad news- I should have ordered myself the next size up. They fit ok, but I feel like my heel is hanging off the back slightly. When I look in the mirror, they look fine, but they feel kinda funny. I'm going to wear them around my house the next few days. I don't have time to return them. They'll have to do. I'm also going to be packing my sneakers, a few pairs of regular flip flops and my Uggs (I'm wearing them on the plane).

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #858
Tropigal
Mouseketeer

BBBBBRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr It's freezing here....single digits!

I have so much packing to do for us to leave by 4:30 am friday and now add an ENT appt for DS today! Both kids have ear infections again and ped. put them on meds but DS may need tubes AGAIN so we are off for a consult again. I want him to look at mine too cause I keep getting sinus ear aches. Fun for a plane ride huh.

Lovely trip reports! I can't believe it's almost our turn! Orange Lake and Mickey here we come! Now if I can figure which weather reports are the most accurate. I think I'll pack more pants and shirts than shorts and stuff. We can always buy other clothes there right....

I have my eye out for the reusable tree bags from the parks and then maybe a sweatshirt and something else.

I'm really looking forward to the popcorn. ..read too many posts on it and we are hooked on Target popcorn when we shop so hoping it's just as good! and Dole Whip!!

Ok, gotta get us going if we are going to leave friday! BBL

DVC Owner!!

Tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #859
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Good Morning Snowbirds...I'm so glad to hear about the lower crowds...I know I'm going near a holiday weekend, but its definitely not the busiest holiday in the world...I'll make do LOL

Well I leave bright and early in the morning!! I'm going to pack my car tonight and have it all ready so I just have to wake up and go LOL!!!!!

I love hearing all the incoming reports and I hope to give you guys some live reports while I'm there!! Well I will talk to you all laterz, I'm bouncing off the walls today and I'm so hyper hyper hyper!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #860
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

Mindy--thanks for the report, and what GREAT pictures! Your little guy is such a cutie!

I like that second forecast better too! Highs in the 50s? What? Well, it will still be warmer there than it is here! On Saturday it's supposed to be colder here than it has been any time in the past 5 years.

Hope everyone who is not feeling well gets better before they go!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #861
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebugsMom View Post
A Double LOL!!!

Yeah I got 2 new cases to work on today before I leave....it is like don't you people realize where I am going........and what I HAVE to do........
I am so experiencing that too! I had nothing for the last couple weeks and now I have a busy bunch of days next week right before I leave!! Those other people just don't understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDez View Post
Hello all!
I have to admit I have lurked for the last 2 days. It took me that long to read everyone's posts.
So, I have a stupid question. Am I a snowbird even though I live in sunny California? We leave for WDW on Saturday the 24th at 12:30 am!!! DS (14) has to be at winterguard (Drumline) rehearsal until 9:30pm so we had to do a red-eye.
Can you believe I just booked the vacation on Saturday???? I am completely insane, but my husband just changed jobs and starts the new one the first week of Feb. so we decided what the heck. Cashed in frequent flyer points, and booked Yacht Club CL. I have never had less than 6 months to plan and am in panic mode right now. But I have to tell you, reading everyone's posts has made me better prepared. So, thank you all!
I really LOVED the 'live' reports! I hope it stays nice.
For those of you leaving this week, have a fun and safe trip!
and you can be a snowbird!! I wish I could pack up and go on short notice! Well, I would/could do it, but logistically with work and school it would be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
SINGLE DIGIT DANCE

WHOOHOO!!!

And, it couldn't come at a better time! We're under a winter storm warning and wind chill advisory. The HIGH on Thursday is only supposed to be 9. The actual LOW is supposed to be -9!!! With the windchills from the wind they're predicting, my walk into work on Thursday and Friday doesn't sound like it's going to be fun (I walk 2 blocks from the garage I park in to my building). That's crazy! I just keep saying "I'm going to Disney. I'm going to Disney."
They're saying here that tomorrow will be the coldest day in 5 YEARS!!! It will not get above zero today or tomorrow. I'm not sure it did yesterday either. Today is pretty windy too. Right now, at 10:30 a.m., it's -6 with -17 windchill. Yeah, I'll take 50s! I've been putting off errands and stuff just because it's so cold, but I will need to put gas in the car and food in the fridge tonight. It would be so great to get home early when it's still light out, but that just ain't gonna happen!! It's supposed to get back up in the 20s and maybe 30 by Monday and then it will only be 1 week!!
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...I'm going to Disney...I'm going to Disney...
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #862
PrincessDez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Yes.... we have both a cadet and senior guard..... the show was great.... our cadet class finished second and senior class won... they compete all winter getting ready for nationals in Dayton OH...... I don't have a child in guard... both mine were in field band though.... but I am President of our Booster organization so I help at all the events....
It must be a disease, I am Drumline coordinator, yearbook coordinator and band wear coordinator for our band program at the MIddle School. Next year I may be on both the High School and Middle School boards. Oh my! We Band Parents are very committed individuals..................

CONGRATULATIONS to your groups. They did awesome!
Oct 99~DCL Magic~ASM; Oct 00~Old Key West; Oct 02~Polynesian; July 03~Swan; Feb 04~DCL Magic; Nov 05~Beach Club Villas; Jan 08~Yacht Club; Jan. 09~Yacht Club Concierge; April 10~ASMusic: Nov 10~Bay Lake Towers; April 11~Boardwalk Villas/Yacht Club

PrincessDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #863
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HEY BIRDIES! Well guess who is sick now? Yup! That'd be me! I am all for family sharing but I am not happy that my DD decided to share her flu with me! YUCK! I really hate throwing up! NOT FUN! Oh well, I am feeling waaayyy better than last night and I can say thatin 5days I will be in DISNEY WORLD!

Gotta go get better (lie on couch and watch movie) so I wish you all a happy Disney Day!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #864
dklam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Weather from another site - very different

10-Day Forecast for
Orlando, FL

Forecast Conditions

Today
Jan 14
Mostly Sunny
63°
41°

Thu
Jan 15
Partly Cloudy
63°
37°

Fri
Jan 16
Partly Cloudy
56°
37°

Sat
Jan 17
Sunny
61°
41°

Sun
Jan 18
Partly Cloudy
67°
43°

Mon
Jan 19
Sunny
65°
49°

Tue
Jan 20
Sunny
70°
45°

Wed
Jan 21
Sunny
68°

Thu
Jan 22
Sunny
72°
53°

Fri
Jan 23
Partly Cloudy
74°
52°
I like this one MUCH better! It has my first two days back into the low-mid 70"s!!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #865
drakes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
We checked in to the Wilderness Lodge at 11:30. Our room was ready and waiting for us, just as I requested . . . inner courtyard. Room 5041. The WL was beautiful. I loved spending time just walking through taking everything in.

DS proved to be a dare devil. He just eeked though the 40 inch rides with about 3/4 of an inch to spare. He rode Tower of Terror 3 times, Test Track, Soarin, Dinosaur, BTMMR . . . everything he could ride, he did ride. He wanted to ride Space Mountain but was, obviously too short. We assured him that on his next trip he would be able to ride.

Thank you for your pics... we'll be in WL in 2 days from now! Glad to hear they did early check in at 11:30 , I am hoping when we arrive we can check in as well. We have Courtyard View booked as well !
Your son is a daredevil. My dd9 wouldn't go on those rides!
I have one question...
Did you go swimming- was it too cold???

thank you for your pics again! Loving them!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #866
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Mindy - Thanks so much for the updates!!!! It's great hearing about all our Snowbirds trips!!!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #867
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklam View Post
I like this one MUCH better! It has my first two days back into the low-mid 70"s!!
Me too!! I just checked the local Orlando website but it only gives the forecast though Sunday. Basically highs in the 60's.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #868
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Good Morning Snowbirds...I'm so glad to hear about the lower crowds...I know I'm going near a holiday weekend, but its definitely not the busiest holiday in the world...I'll make do LOL

Well I leave bright and early in the morning!! I'm going to pack my car tonight and have it all ready so I just have to wake up and go LOL!!!!!

I love hearing all the incoming reports and I hope to give you guys some live reports while I'm there!! Well I will talk to you all laterz, I'm bouncing off the walls today and I'm so hyper hyper hyper!!
TOMORROW! WHOOHOO. I don't think Disney will ever be the same!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #869
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
TOMORROW! WHOOHOO. I don't think Disney will ever be the same!
Truer words may never have been spoken!!!

Okay I have a question (I'm sure none of you are suprised by this)!! I'm picking up my AP first then I'm going to head to PoP Century, even if they don't have my room ready they can still get my tickets and all that stuff ready right and get me set up on my dining plan???? Because I just want to stop in make a change of shirt and then head straight to EPCOT with my resort pass so I can park for free and then head to dinner.

Another question I have...if I have an AP will they still give me a KTTW card and will I be able to put my credit card to it if I would like...my hubby wants me to put all my tips and the fridge charge on the credit card so he can earn miles??? Will I still have a KTTW if I have an AP...what do AP's look like and how are they used??

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #870
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Truer words may never have been spoken!!!

Okay I have a question (I'm sure none of you are suprised by this)!! I'm picking up my AP first then I'm going to head to PoP Century, even if they don't have my room ready they can still get my tickets and all that stuff ready right and get me set up on my dining plan???? Because I just want to stop in make a change of shirt and then head straight to EPCOT with my resort pass so I can park for free and then head to dinner.

Another question I have...if I have an AP will they still give me a KTTW card and will I be able to put my credit card to it if I would like...my hubby wants me to put all my tips and the fridge charge on the credit card so he can earn miles??? Will I still have a KTTW if I have an AP...what do AP's look like and how are they used??
You should be able to get all checked in and situated regardless of whether your room is ready. I would guess you would have a room card/KTTW card that you can charge on. We have had separate tickets in the past where they did not add it to our room cards (back in the day) and we could still charge to our room (on credit card).
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: