Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #826
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Thanks! TSM was great. Yup, at rope drop, most of the crowd heads to TSM.

We did not have the package for Fantasmic. I am not sure how the package works, if they save a section? I just know the place was PACKED with people already at 6:20.
Welcome back and thanks for the heads up. I'm disappointed to hear that about Fantasmic - I'm there only long enough to go on Monday night - I might put it on my 'might-do' list instead of my 'must-do' list. That was a dumb idea to make it only twice a week - I've read others' reports that say the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Nope...my December one is being taken care of by my dad and he's still doing some research with mom and which resort she wants to stay at!!! I'm letting him do all the planning for us so I can have a bit of a break (bah by summer I'm sure I will have fanagled my way into the planning stages LOL).

I'm going before that LOL ( I have to take advantage of living in Florida and having an AP LOL). I'm going to announce my dates in my TR!! But I'm very excited about it!! As Phillip asked me last night...too much DIsney anyone?? Nope not me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm seriously considering upgrading to an AP myself! Hmmm, when would I go again - Nov/Dec definitely and perhaps mid Jan? Would that be worth the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Hello Snowbirds!
I've been trying to keep up with all of you, but it's impossible! I see that lots of snowbirds have gone and returned from WDW and that others are leaving within the next few days Glad to hear that everyone is reporting that they've had wonderful trips!
We are leaving early Sunday morning and had to make a few changes in our plans. The WL CL rooms were not available for the 4/3 deal, so instead of paying rack rate for the room, we switched to the Poly and got the 4/3 deal Very excited about that, it will be our first stay at the Poly!
Hope all have a great time at Disney!!
Great to see you again, Splash - that's great news about the Poly...I hope you'll absolutely love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
A new sweatshirt (non-hooded) is one of the few things that I plan to buy this year. It is a necessity. My last one is falling apart -it's from about 8 or 9 years ago!

Speaking of which - did everyone make their list of "stuff to buy"? I am worried I will forget about my Mickey cookie cutter and ornament! Must write everything down!
Good idea - hmmm, kitchen stuff and either Mickey watch/bracelet - I've already bought a sweatshirt and many T shirts so I'm good there. [at least that's what I'll tell myself when I am there!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Your picture is absolutely beautiful! I wish I had artistic talent. Well, I have the dancing artistic talent!
That is a beautiful painting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
Some very exciting news! My MIL called last night to let me know that my niece (18) is going to be able to join us for the trip! DH and I are soooo excited because my SIL keeps my niece VERY sheltered (no drivers license, not jobs, missed 1st year of college) and we hardly ever get to see her. In fact, we are shocked she's even allowing her to go. We won't tell my kids, so when my MIL pulls in the driveway next Tuesday with my niece my kids will flip out!!! The bonus is that we were able to add her to our ressie and all our ADRs without having to change a thing. DH and I are going to pick up the extra cost as a belated graduation gift since our other gift was rather boring(luggage and a book) since she wasn't going off to college right away and I didn't know what to get her. This is going to be so much fun!!!

On another note, I was able to find that cute pink wallet on clearance at my Target - perfect. This was after I locked my keys in my van (which I have never done before) and had to call a locksmith! So embarrassing.
That's not embarrassing! It's not like you don't have a bunch of distractions - four kids, getting ready to go out of town -- goodness, I'd be doing well not to do that every day....
Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #827
KatiebugsMom
Mouseketeer

Glad to see I am not the only one up late. Gosh, so much to do, so little time.......

Just sent my Grocery order for delivery....working on typing the iteniary now......

You know this "going to work" thing is getting in the way of my WDW planning.

How is everyone else faring.......
'77 MK; '89 HS Band Trip (MK); '89 College Bowl Trip (Epcot); '99 Honeymoon (AS Mov); '01 DTD Hilton (IBM) Magic Conv; '04 2nd Honeymoon (AS Mov); March '06 Baby's 1st B-Day (AS Music); Aug '06 1st DVC SSR; Jan '07 BWV; Jan '08 AKV; Jan '09 OKW; Jan '10 SSR/THV; Aug '10 CBR; May '11 BLT; Jan '12 OKW; May '12 AKV
KatiebugsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #828
laurainsem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebugsMom View Post

I will give a big ole "Amen" to that! Doesn't it seem the closer you get to the trip, the crazier work gets? I've had a meeting every night this week and last, making my work days outrageous. I'm wondering how in the world i'll ever get all my work done, the house ready and everything packed before Sunday evening.

Five more days to go.... I guess that deserves both a and a !!!!

laurainsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #829
KatiebugsMom
Mouseketeer

A Double LOL!!!

Yeah I got 2 new cases to work on today before I leave....it is like don't you people realize where I am going........and what I HAVE to do........
'77 MK; '89 HS Band Trip (MK); '89 College Bowl Trip (Epcot); '99 Honeymoon (AS Mov); '01 DTD Hilton (IBM) Magic Conv; '04 2nd Honeymoon (AS Mov); March '06 Baby's 1st B-Day (AS Music); Aug '06 1st DVC SSR; Jan '07 BWV; Jan '08 AKV; Jan '09 OKW; Jan '10 SSR/THV; Aug '10 CBR; May '11 BLT; Jan '12 OKW; May '12 AKV
KatiebugsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #830
PrincessDez
Mouseketeer

Hello......

Hello all!
I have to admit I have lurked for the last 2 days. It took me that long to read everyone's posts.
So, I have a stupid question. Am I a snowbird even though I live in sunny California? We leave for WDW on Saturday the 24th at 12:30 am!!! DS (14) has to be at winterguard (Drumline) rehearsal until 9:30pm so we had to do a red-eye.
Can you believe I just booked the vacation on Saturday???? I am completely insane, but my husband just changed jobs and starts the new one the first week of Feb. so we decided what the heck. Cashed in frequent flyer points, and booked Yacht Club CL. I have never had less than 6 months to plan and am in panic mode right now. But I have to tell you, reading everyone's posts has made me better prepared. So, thank you all!
I really LOVED the 'live' reports! I hope it stays nice.
For those of you leaving this week, have a fun and safe trip!
Oct 99~DCL Magic~ASM; Oct 00~Old Key West; Oct 02~Polynesian; July 03~Swan; Feb 04~DCL Magic; Nov 05~Beach Club Villas; Jan 08~Yacht Club; Jan. 09~Yacht Club Concierge; April 10~ASMusic: Nov 10~Bay Lake Towers; April 11~Boardwalk Villas/Yacht Club

PrincessDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #831
PrincessDez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Wow... I hope rides are walk on's when we get there in TWO WEEKS!!!!! Sounds like everyone is having a great time! It's been a long day... volunteered at a winterguard show today... so I am off to bed.... sweet dreams snowbirds....
Winterguard? As in drumline and/or colorguard?
Oct 99~DCL Magic~ASM; Oct 00~Old Key West; Oct 02~Polynesian; July 03~Swan; Feb 04~DCL Magic; Nov 05~Beach Club Villas; Jan 08~Yacht Club; Jan. 09~Yacht Club Concierge; April 10~ASMusic: Nov 10~Bay Lake Towers; April 11~Boardwalk Villas/Yacht Club

Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #832
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebugsMom View Post
Glad to see I am not the only one up late. Gosh, so much to do, so little time.......

Just sent my Grocery order for delivery....working on typing the iteniary now......

How is everyone else faring.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurainsem View Post
I will give a big ole "Amen" to that! Doesn't it seem the closer you get to the trip, the crazier work gets? I've had a meeting every night this week and last, making my work days outrageous. I'm wondering how in the world i'll ever get all my work done, the house ready and everything packed before Sunday evening.

Five more days to go.... I guess that deserves both a and a !!!!
ITA on both accounts - I love being busy but honestly! Where's the Disney love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDez View Post
Hello all!
I have to admit I have lurked for the last 2 days. It took me that long to read everyone's posts.
So, I have a stupid question. Am I a snowbird even though I live in sunny California? We leave for WDW on Saturday the 24th at 12:30 am!!! DS (14) has to be at winterguard (Drumline) rehearsal until 9:30pm so we had to do a red-eye.
Can you believe I just booked the vacation on Saturday???? I am completely insane, but my husband just changed jobs and starts the new one the first week of Feb. so we decided what the heck. Cashed in frequent flyer points, and booked Yacht Club CL. I have never had less than 6 months to plan and am in panic mode right now. But I have to tell you, reading everyone's posts has made me better prepared. So, thank you all!
I'm in the South and they haven't kicked me out yet so I guess you're okay! And I like your 'what the heck' attitude - good for y'all! Have a great time and keep us posted....

Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #833
PrincessDez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
ITA on both accounts - I love being busy but honestly! Where's the Disney love!

I'm in the South and they haven't kicked me out yet so I guess you're okay! And I like your 'what the heck' attitude - good for y'all! Have a great time and keep us posted....

Thanks! I am dying trying to get ready in such short notice. But VERY excited too!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #834
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I am dying trying to get ready in such short notice. But VERY excited too!!!
Welcome to the boards! And, congratulations on your trip!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #835
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE

WHOOHOO!!!

And, it couldn't come at a better time! We're under a winter storm warning and wind chill advisory. The HIGH on Thursday is only supposed to be 9. The actual LOW is supposed to be -9!!! With the windchills from the wind they're predicting, my walk into work on Thursday and Friday doesn't sound like it's going to be fun (I walk 2 blocks from the garage I park in to my building). That's crazy! I just keep saying "I'm going to Disney. I'm going to Disney."
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #836
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
Welcome back and thanks for the heads up. I'm disappointed to hear that about Fantasmic - I'm there only long enough to go on Monday night - I might put it on my 'might-do' list instead of my 'must-do' list. That was a dumb idea to make it only twice a week - I've read others' reports that say the same thing.

I'm seriously considering upgrading to an AP myself! Hmmm, when would I go again - Nov/Dec definitely and perhaps mid Jan? Would that be worth the money?

Great to see you again, Splash - that's great news about the Poly...I hope you'll absolutely love it.

Good idea - hmmm, kitchen stuff and either Mickey watch/bracelet - I've already bought a sweatshirt and many T shirts so I'm good there. [at least that's what I'll tell myself when I am there!]

That is a beautiful painting...

That's not embarrassing! It's not like you don't have a bunch of distractions - four kids, getting ready to go out of town -- goodness, I'd be doing well not to do that every day....
Considering for me it was only 4 dollars more to upgrade from my original tickets to the AP I would definitely think it would be worth the money. It means for me the next couple of times I go in the next year I'm not paying for tickets at all...I just have to get the package (400 max if I get a good deal) and then the rental car/gas (300) so another trip to Disney would cost me only 700 dollars or so...yes I have done the math already LOL!!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #837
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello all!
WELCOME to the Snowbirds! How fun planning a last minute trip!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #838
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

It's cold cold cold here at 5 degrees! Who knows what the windchill temp is. And tomorrow morning is supposed to be way worse.

6 more days!!!

I just checked and guess what??? My arrival day forecast has changed again! Remember is was 58, the 63, then 73 (just yesterday), it is now 51. That was supposed to keep going up, not down!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #839
dklam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post

And, it couldn't come at a better time! We're under a winter storm warning and wind chill advisory. The HIGH on Thursday is only supposed to be 9. The actual LOW is supposed to be -9!!! With the windchills from the wind they're predicting, my walk into work on Thursday and Friday doesn't sound like it's going to be fun (I walk 2 blocks from the garage I park in to my building). That's crazy! I just keep saying "I'm going to Disney. I'm going to Disney."
Lil'Mermaid75
Can't agree with you more!! It is only going to be around 10 degrees here (with lows of 0)for the next 3 days, and I can't stand it!! I absolutely hate the cold, the snow, and the ice. When I opened my car door this morning, it was semi-frozen and although it did open - it wouldn't close. I had to drive to work with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the door closed. And, the roads were covered with black ice. Luckily, I live only about 1 1/2 miles from work, so it wasn't so bad (or I obviously wouldn't have done it). I sprayed de-icer all around the door frame, and finally was able to get it to close in the parking lot at school.

On a brighter note - ONLY 8 MORE DAYS FOR US!!!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #840
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

Wellllll, we live at the very bottom of mainland FL, just before you start driving to the keys...it was 53 here this morning (yeah I know but that's glove weather for us!!!!) and it's supposed to be in 40's in the AM. We leave for Disney on Friday - the high is supposed to be 56 for the day and 37 at night.

The five day forecast for Orlando, based on WFTV.com (ABC affiliate), is low sixties during the day and low to mid 30's @ night.
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!

Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: