Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #811
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Other GF View Post
Thank you for your kind words about my art! Sorry I haven't been around for a while here. Disney World is one of my favorite subject matters. I am planning on co-majoring in art. I had an awesome time in Disney World! I'm looking through my pictures now, hopefully something will be inspiring for another painting!
Your picture is absolutely beautiful! I wish I had artistic talent. Well, I have the dancing artistic talent!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #812
Mickey's Other GF
Emerging from years of lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Well, I have the dancing artistic talent!
That works! I sertainly appreciate people who can dance well, because I sure can't! (Unless you count jumping around and flailing limbs.) What kind of dancing do you do?

My family: Me(23) DMom (EPCOT is a verb) DDad DSis(21)
"Walt Disney World is tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney ... and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place ... a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn - together." - Roy O. Disney, October 25, 1971
Mickey's Other GF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #813
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Some very exciting news! My MIL called last night to let me know that my niece (18) is going to be able to join us for the trip! DH and I are soooo excited because my SIL keeps my niece VERY sheltered (no drivers license, not jobs, missed 1st year of college) and we hardly ever get to see her. In fact, we are shocked she's even allowing her to go. We won't tell my kids, so when my MIL pulls in the driveway next Tuesday with my niece my kids will flip out!!! The bonus is that we were able to add her to our ressie and all our ADRs without having to change a thing. DH and I are going to pick up the extra cost as a belated graduation gift since our other gift was rather boring(luggage and a book) since she wasn't going off to college right away and I didn't know what to get her. This is going to be so much fun!!!

On another note, I was able to find that cute pink wallet on clearance at my Target - perfect. This was after I locked my keys in my van (which I have never done before) and had to call a locksmith! So embarrassing.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dcur8rw2hb8xg.png[/img]
Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
2tinks2pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #814
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I'm not sure the pocket idea will work for us. Some of my kids pants don't have pockets and I'm not sure my 22 months old wold keep it in there anyway. She's mainly the one I'm worried about- she's a known wanderer and has no fear so we're going to have to keep an extra close eye on her or keep her buckled in stroller 24/7.
I looked up the Who's shoes and they look exactly like what I need! Both my kids wear velcro shoes but I wonder if I can get them in time for our trip now! Perhaps I can make something that will work?
I know I sound like a paranoid mother but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I have what might sound like a strange suggestion...if you go to somewhere like Wal-Mart you can get dog tags engraved with your name and phone # on them. Get the ones with the ring and then you can attach it to the loop that your velcro lace-thingy goes through. It doesn't cost alot of $$ and they are pretty sturdy so I doubt they would get broken or lost. Just my strange suggestion

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #815
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I did a dumb thing. I cut them out and glued two together back to back and laminated it. Forgot to put my username or snowbirds on it!! might have to do it again.
with you... not at you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
I have what might sound like a strange suggestion...if you go to somewhere like Wal-Mart you can get dog tags engraved with your name and phone # on them. Get the ones with the ring and then you can attach it to the loop that your velcro lace-thingy goes through. It doesn't cost alot of $$ and they are pretty sturdy so I doubt they would get broken or lost. Just my strange suggestion
Not strange at all! Great idea! I can put the cell phone # on it and that's all they need!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #816
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Am I crazy in thinking I remembered the LGMH to actually be just the head, not the white "frame" thing around them? I had them pictured in my head as a bit bigger and JUST a MH cutout...am I crazy? Did I totally just make that up in my head??

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #817
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words about my art! Sorry I haven't been around for a while here. Disney World is one of my favorite subject matters. I am planning on co-majoring in art. I had an awesome time in Disney World! I'm looking through my pictures now, hopefully something will be inspiring for another painting!
I hope you'll share it with us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
I've heard others suggest this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Am I crazy in thinking I remembered the LGMH to actually be just the head, not the white "frame" thing around them? I had them pictured in my head as a bit bigger and JUST a MH cutout...am I crazy? Did I totally just make that up in my head??
No, you're not crazy. I always thought they'd be bigger too. I suppose you could make your own bigger ones, like from a DISign, but that would be more work and ink from your printer. I'm trying to figure out if I can still write on mine even though they are laminated. I really wanted to put my DIS name on them so people would know it's me.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #818
dundeehunter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Morning Snowbirds!!!!! I can't believe my ticker...someone pinch me!

Question for all the mom Snowbirds...
I've read some things about child safety while on vacation. Of course hubby and I will be super vigilant to keep our eyes on the kiddos- we're good parents- but you never know in a crowded situation. Things happen. Do any of you put some sort of ID/parents cell phone # on your kids in case they become separated? If so how? dh suggested a Sharpie. I don't know how I feel about writing on my kids with a Sharpie.
FOR ALL SNOWBIRDS WITH CHILDREN...
One great tip from a co-worker...EVERY morning before going to your park, take a picture of your children with your digital camera. In case " you" get lost from your children, you have a picture of what they are wearing that day to show CM's. The kids love posing for pictures, so they are none the wiser!
I also take a picture of my photopass card incase I lose it...

Just went to Cabela's tonight and by DD12 and myself some Mary Jane crocs..on sale for $19.88 love the bargins!

Printed off the pressed penny locations to bring home for the DD's to cross off their already found press pennies....and they can't find them! NICE..they have 6 days to search.

I'm checking my list twice and reviewing my tioletries and meds...this ear infection better be GONE by the time I fly. I feel like taking a knife and cutting my left side of my head off!

Just a bit more and I'm off to bed for the night...I need my rest!

Shelly, enjoy the sunshine. Appleton is having -9 tomorrow!
7 more days...

January 20-27, 2009 Pop Century
no more ticker no trips planned...
dundeehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #819
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

What is the name on the LGMH card? I have a bunch of different colors and I'm not sure which one it is.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #820
dundeehunter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana_liz View Post
What is the name on the LGMH card? I have a bunch of different colors and I'm not sure which one it is.
Alien Green...

January 20-27, 2009 Pop Century
no more ticker no trips planned...
dundeehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #821
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That works! I sertainly appreciate people who can dance well, because I sure can't! (Unless you count jumping around and flailing limbs.) What kind of dancing do you do?
I've been dancing since I was 5 yrs old. Started with ballet and then added on jazz, tap, modern and pointe. I'm currently a ballet teacher and a member of a professional dance team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
On another note, I was able to find that cute pink wallet on clearance at my Target - perfect. This was after I locked my keys in my van (which I have never done before) and had to call a locksmith! So embarrassing.
Yea! Isn't that wallet just perfect?! I'm so glad that you found one.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #822
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeehunter View Post
FOR ALL SNOWBIRDS WITH CHILDREN...
One great tip from a co-worker...EVERY morning before going to your park, take a picture of your children with your digital camera. In case " you" get lost from your children, you have a picture of what they are wearing that day to show CM's. The kids love posing for pictures, so they are none the wiser!
I also take a picture of my photopass card incase I lose it...

Just went to Cabela's tonight and by DD12 and myself some Mary Jane crocs..on sale for $19.88 love the bargins!

Printed off the pressed penny locations to bring home for the DD's to cross off their already found press pennies....and they can't find them! NICE..they have 6 days to search.

I'm checking my list twice and reviewing my tioletries and meds...this ear infection better be GONE by the time I fly. I feel like taking a knife and cutting my left side of my head off!

Just a bit more and I'm off to bed for the night...I need my rest!

Shelly, enjoy the sunshine. Appleton is having -9 tomorrow!
7 more days...
I've taken pictures of our park tickets for the same reason - they can be replaced if we keep track of the numbers on the back.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #823
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Tonight I bought my moleskin pads, granola bars, microwave popcorn, and zycam [I've acquired a sore throat that I'm trying to get rid of].

10 days!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #824
drakes
DIS Veteran

Good evening birdies!
tonight we had our last minute running around. I think we're done!
I wanted to haved our suitcases ready, but I am still undecided about alot of stuff, So our clothes are laid out, the cases are out, now I need to sort and physically pack the bags.

I finally found an SLR camera case that is not totally cumbersome and actually fits my point and shoot and wallet. This means DH will be responsible for the wipes, antibacterial lotion etc. I am not so sure how this will work... I debated not taking the SLR due to the weight of it, but Dh convinced me otherwise.

Tonight Dh discussed our next trip... our last trip in jan 2007 DH got bad news while in MK, this bad news has haunted us since and actually may resolve while we are away. Dh has promised me to celebrate we will do a disney cruise later this year! So hopefully my disney blues will not be too bad.

Pixie dust to all those that need it... and thank you for the snowbirdies providing their wonderful reports...
Only a few more days for me... the to do list is getting shorter... thansk for listening
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #825
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
Tonight Dh discussed our next trip... our last trip in jan 2007 DH got bad news while in MK, this bad news has haunted us since and actually may resolve while we are away. Dh has promised me to celebrate we will do a disney cruise later this year! So hopefully my disney blues will not be too bad.

Pixie dust to all those that need it... and thank you for the snowbirdies providing their wonderful reports...
Only a few more days for me... the to do list is getting shorter... thansk for listening
Hope you that your bad news turns good...so you can take that cruise...they are WONDERFUL.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: