Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #796
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran
 
SplashMtnCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 386 miles from the Mouse
Posts: 1,232

Hello Snowbirds!
I've been trying to keep up with all of you, but it's impossible! I see that lots of snowbirds have gone and returned from WDW and that others are leaving within the next few days Glad to hear that everyone is reporting that they've had wonderful trips!
We are leaving early Sunday morning and had to make a few changes in our plans. The WL CL rooms were not available for the 4/3 deal, so instead of paying rack rate for the room, we switched to the Poly and got the 4/3 deal Very excited about that, it will be our first stay at the Poly!
Hope all have a great time at Disney!!
__________________
Dad Mom DS Dog
Disneyland: 1985, 1990, 1999
Walt Disney World:Offsite 8/2003, 12/2003, 3/2005, POR 3/2006, WL 1/2007 & 1/2008,
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP Century 10/2011, CBR 2/2013



SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #797
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Thanks!! A really nice hoodie is the first thing I would like to purchase there I think or maybe a sweatshirt...I don't know we'll just have to wait and see what I find when I get there LOL!!!!!!!!
A new sweatshirt (non-hooded) is one of the few things that I plan to buy this year. It is a necessity. My last one is falling apart -it's from about 8 or 9 years ago!

Speaking of which - did everyone make their list of "stuff to buy"? I am worried I will forget about my Mickey cookie cutter and ornament! Must write everything down!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #798
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Hello Snowbirds!
I've been trying to keep up with all of you, but it's impossible! I see that lots of snowbirds have gone and returned from WDW and that others are leaving within the next few days Glad to hear that everyone is reporting that they've had wonderful trips!
We are leaving early Sunday morning and had to make a few changes in our plans. The WL CL rooms were not available for the 4/3 deal, so instead of paying rack rate for the room, we switched to the Poly and got the 4/3 deal Very excited about that, it will be our first stay at the Poly!
Hope all have a great time at Disney!!
I'd be pretty comfortable with that change! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, so you'll have to let us know how you like it! I have to believe that the monorail would be so handy! We stayed at the Contemporary once and it was so convenient.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #799
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Hello Snowbirds!
I've been trying to keep up with all of you, but it's impossible! I see that lots of snowbirds have gone and returned from WDW and that others are leaving within the next few days Glad to hear that everyone is reporting that they've had wonderful trips!
We are leaving early Sunday morning and had to make a few changes in our plans. The WL CL rooms were not available for the 4/3 deal, so instead of paying rack rate for the room, we switched to the Poly and got the 4/3 deal Very excited about that, it will be our first stay at the Poly!
Hope all have a great time at Disney!!
That's great! Have an awesome time at the Poly!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #800
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Northern Disney Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,372

Here is my list of things to buy: Mickey watch (my old one broke and cannot be repaired), Mickey cookie cutter, 2009 Christmas Ornaments, A hoody sweater, and a couple of t-shirts!

Here's a question...Has anyone purposely underpacked with the intention of buying "souvenir" clothing to wear while at WDW? My Dh is actually encouraging me to do this! I was never a girl scout but I do like to be prepared. I am a classic overpacker! I have been trying to pack less for this trip, but with the unpredictable weather, I am just a bit unsure!
__________________
ME DD9 DD12
Northern Disney Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #801
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,982

Hey everyone! I can't wait to hear from all of our returning Snowbirds. It just gets me more and more excited! I hope that you all had a wonderful time! I wanted to let everyone know that I finally found mini M&M's! I went to Toys R Us (thanks for that tip ladies!) and bought 3 smaller sized ones. I think that should be enough. If we see a pressed penny machine, we'll go over and do it. I don't really feel like hunting for them! Although, I may print out the list of them from parkpennies.com. It's quite a list! I think I've now bought everything we need for the trip. When I go grocery shopping next week, I'll pick up some more snacks (have to see how many I go through making DD's lunches this week!). 11 days!
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #802
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran
 
Lil'Mermaid75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Non-Disney question: Do any of your kids have problems with nightmares? Keaton (the 2 1/2 yr old) has woken up crying about 5 out of the last 8 nights. This morning, the first thing he said when I went in his room was "Dinosaurs get me." I guess I thought that was too young? He goes right back to sleep when I put him in our bed. Am I being manipulated or could he really be having nightmares? BTW: I'm going matress shopping today to get him a big boy bed so I'll have somewhere to sleep!!
We went through a rought time when our DS was about 2-4. NIGHT TERRORS! They're horrible. He never remembered them and you couldn't wake him during them. You just had to hold on to him to keep him from wandering around and hurting himself. He didn't have them every night. I don't think Keaton is too young to be having them, so I don't think you're being maniuplated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Question for all the mom Snowbirds...
I've read some things about child safety while on vacation. Of course hubby and I will be super vigilant to keep our eyes on the kiddos- we're good parents- but you never know in a crowded situation. Things happen. Do any of you put some sort of ID/parents cell phone # on your kids in case they become separated? If so how? dh suggested a Sharpie. I don't know how I feel about writing on my kids with a Sharpie.
We have these cool things that velcro on his laces on his shoes. Whos Shoes ID is what they are called. We put our names inside, along with our cell phone numbers. Don't have to worry about them falling off. Of course, if they don't wear tennis shoes, they won't help. The sad thing is, what really worked to reinforce to our son the need to always hold our hand was walking into the MK and hearing and seeing parents calling and looking for their lost child. They found him - but it terrified our son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
now... we try to lose them...... just kidding.... we have such a wonderful time traveling with them... we are very fortunate our kids like to spend time with us still... I know when I was a teenager I couldn't wait to get away from my parents...


Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Thanks for asking! It is an acrylic painting that my daughter painted a couple of years ago. It is from the perspective of when you are standing near the entrance to the Living Seas in EPCOT, with a closeup of the bautiful flowers and the monorail and the ball in the background. It is one of my favorite paintings.
The painting is BEAUTIFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hey everyone! I can't wait to hear from all of our returning Snowbirds. It just gets me more and more excited! I hope that you all had a wonderful time! I wanted to let everyone know that I finally found mini M&M's! I went to Toys R Us (thanks for that tip ladies!) and bought 3 smaller sized ones. I think that should be enough. If we see a pressed penny machine, we'll go over and do it. I don't really feel like hunting for them! Although, I may print out the list of them from parkpennies.com. It's quite a list! I think I've now bought everything we need for the trip. When I go grocery shopping next week, I'll pick up some more snacks (have to see how many I go through making DD's lunches this week!). 11 days!

Believe me, you'll have no problem finding the machines. By the end of the week - they'll be finding you!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #803
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Okay to answer the QOTD: Yes and I'm doing it this trip...I have half a duffle bag set aside just for souvie clothes from my trip LOL!!!!!

As far as my must buys...a jacket/hoodie, a t-shirt, a snowglobe, and a Christmas Ornament!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Here is my list of things to buy: Mickey watch (my old one broke and cannot be repaired), Mickey cookie cutter, 2009 Christmas Ornaments, A hoody sweater, and a couple of t-shirts!

Here's a question...Has anyone purposely underpacked with the intention of buying "souvenir" clothing to wear while at WDW? My Dh is actually encouraging me to do this! I was never a girl scout but I do like to be prepared. I am a classic overpacker! I have been trying to pack less for this trip, but with the unpredictable weather, I am just a bit unsure!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #804
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Here is my list of things to buy: Mickey watch (my old one broke and cannot be repaired), Mickey cookie cutter, 2009 Christmas Ornaments, A hoody sweater, and a couple of t-shirts!

Here's a question...Has anyone purposely underpacked with the intention of buying "souvenir" clothing to wear while at WDW? My Dh is actually encouraging me to do this! I was never a girl scout but I do like to be prepared. I am a classic overpacker! I have been trying to pack less for this trip, but with the unpredictable weather, I am just a bit unsure!
Yes, in fact I intend to do it this time too. I am packing one less sweatshirt so I can buy one. I don't anticipate buying t-shirts this year since I have 4 new ones, two of which I will wear at the parks. I'm hoping that since I'm planning to do laundry, I will pack less.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #805
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
as far as the little kids go.... what we always did with our kids was stick in their pocket an index card with our names and phone numbers on it... we also would tell them if they get lost to just stop and sit down and we would find them. They shouldn't walk around trying to find us. Luckily we never lost them... but it always made me feel better....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
We started talking about this last night, and my daughter started freaking out at the possibility. I was showing her a cast member name tag on the Disney vacation video, and told her if she ever couldn't find us, that she should go to someone with a nametag like that. Then I told her she'll have to memorize our phone numbers, or carry a piece of paper with them and call us. We'll get into those details during the drive and when we get there, I think. For DS, he'll definitely have a laminated card in his pocket at all times, or something small tied to his shoe, since he has an Autism Disorder, he won't know what to do without us. I think we're going to work really hard to hang onto both of them at all times!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75
We have these cool things that velcro on his laces on his shoes. Whos Shoes ID is what they are called. We put our names inside, along with our cell phone numbers. Don't have to worry about them falling off. Of course, if they don't wear tennis shoes, they won't help. The sad thing is, what really worked to reinforce to our son the need to always hold our hand was walking into the MK and hearing and seeing parents calling and looking for their lost child. They found him - but it terrified our son!
I'm not sure the pocket idea will work for us. Some of my kids pants don't have pockets and I'm not sure my 22 months old wold keep it in there anyway. She's mainly the one I'm worried about- she's a known wanderer and has no fear so we're going to have to keep an extra close eye on her or keep her buckled in stroller 24/7.
I looked up the Who's shoes and they look exactly like what I need! Both my kids wear velcro shoes but I wonder if I can get them in time for our trip now! Perhaps I can make something that will work?
I know I sound like a paranoid mother but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Thanks for asking! It is an acrylic painting that my daughter painted a couple of years ago. It is from the perspective of when you are standing near the entrance to the Living Seas in EPCOT, with a closeup of the bautiful flowers and the monorail and the ball in the background. It is one of my favorite paintings.
Absolutely beautiful!!!! What a talent!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Here is my list of things to buy: Mickey watch (my old one broke and cannot be repaired), Mickey cookie cutter, 2009 Christmas Ornaments, A hoody sweater, and a couple of t-shirts!

Here's a question...Has anyone purposely underpacked with the intention of buying "souvenir" clothing to wear while at WDW? My Dh is actually encouraging me to do this! I was never a girl scout but I do like to be prepared. I am a classic overpacker! I have been trying to pack less for this trip, but with the unpredictable weather, I am just a bit unsure!
I'm only packing one hooded sweatshirt so I can buy one!
__________________
Kim
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #806
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears
 
2tinks2pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I love that pic of the castle!!!! I can't wait to see it in person next week!

We're driving too. Leaving 4am on the 23rd and checking in on the 24th!

Sorry to hear about the sick little snowbirdies. The pukes are going around in my area too. I'm keeping the kids in, avoiding playdates and germy public stuff like the train table at the library, and making them wash hands more than they like. I'm making my little daycare wash hers as soon as she comes in and 50 times a day- thank goodness she's part time- fewer days to share germs! We're taking our vitamins too. Both my kids still have a little leftover sniffle but I'm just hoping to avoid the stomach bug. We had it around Thanksgiving so hopefully we built up some immunity to it or something.

Meghan I hope you find a mini m&m tube soon. I got mine at Toys R US- small ones.

Thanks for the tip about washing mugs. I didn't know CBR switched to real glasses. I still have disposable Dawn dishwasher things from our last trip that we'll use to wash our mugs with.

I haven't explained what a LGMH is to my dh yet. I made mine and attached it to my backpack today. I used the luggage tags they sent us- we're driving so won't need them for the real purpose. One side is the luggage tag and the other side I tucked in my LGMH. I'll post a pic hopefully tomorrow.

Nighty night Snowbirds! Sweet Disney dreams!
I did the exact same thing with my LGMH/ luggage tag. I thought I was being so clever. I'm going to make one for the stroller as well.
__________________
Me (36), DH (46), DS (11), DS (9), DD (7), DD (3)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dcur8rw2hb8xg.png[/img]
*************************************************
Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
2tinks2pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #807
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
I did the exact same thing with my LGMH/ luggage tag. I thought I was being so clever. I'm going to make one for the stroller as well.
I did a dumb thing. I cut them out and glued two together back to back and laminated it. Forgot to put my username or snowbirds on it!! might have to do it again.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #808
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Believe me, you'll have no problem finding the machines. By the end of the week - they'll be finding you!
Really? In all my trips to WDW, I've never even seen one, EVER!!!! I guess I was never really looking for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I did a dumb thing. I cut them out and glued two together back to back and laminated it. Forgot to put my username or snowbirds on it!! might have to do it again.
I'm glad I picked up a tons of LGMH's. I messed up a million times and ended up with only one good tag. Oh well! Now, I just need to get some string or a key ring so I can attach it to my bag.
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #809
Mickey's Other GF
Emerging from years of lurking
 
Mickey's Other GF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On my way to Mickey's house
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I've been wondering about the picture/painting in your siggie for a long time. What's the story with it? It's absolutely beautiful!!!
Thank you for your kind words about my art! Sorry I haven't been around for a while here. Disney World is one of my favorite subject matters. I am planning on co-majoring in art. I had an awesome time in Disney World! I'm looking through my pictures now, hopefully something will be inspiring for another painting!
__________________
'99 CB, '00 ASMo, '02 ASMu, '05 Pop, '06 Pop, '07 Pop, '09 ASMo, '09 Pop, '10 Pop, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 Pop

My family: Me(23) DMom (EPCOT is a verb) DDad DSis(21)
"Walt Disney World is tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney ... and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place ... a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn - together." - Roy O. Disney, October 25, 1971
Mickey's Other GF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #810
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Other GF View Post
Thank you for your kind words about my art! Sorry I haven't been around for a while here. Disney World is one of my favorite subject matters. I am planning on co-majoring in art. I had an awesome time in Disney World! I'm looking through my pictures now, hopefully something will be inspiring for another painting!
Welcome back! You are very talented!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: