Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #706
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm another snowbird that is driving...of course its only a 7 hour drive for me since I live in the Panhandle...but I'm driving!!!!!!!!!
Make mine that x2 - I'm jealous of your "short" drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Mornin' Birdies!
So I feel like the worst mother in the world today! DD7 told me this morning that her tummy hurt and she wasn't feeling well. I encouraged her to eat her breakfast anyway and told her that because she was going to miss 2 weeks of school for our trip, she wasn't allowed to stay home today. Well, on the way to school IN THE CAR, she says Mommy my tummy really hurts I think I am going to throw up! AND SHE DID! IN THE CAR! so gross! Poor kid! she is in the tub right now blowing bubbles! I had to cancel all my daycare kids for the day and now I have to go clean the vomit out of the car before it freezes! mmmmm frozen puke! Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am!
I did the exact same thing last week. DD7 woke up with a tummy ache, but we had to take DS11 to school for his student council meeting so I told her to go ahead and get ready for school and she would probably feel better after we had breakfast (I take the other 3 to breakfast after we drop of DS11). Well she promptly puked as soon as we dropped of DS11. Fortunately, she is a pro at puking in the car and we always keep extra shopping bags handy since she is prone to motion sickness (like her mother). She ended up being fine the rest of the day, but threw up once more around 1am the next day so she had to stay home for 2 days. Of course, DD3 then came down with it the very next day. I've been making all the kids wash their hands as soon as they come in the door from school so we aren't sick at Disney (hopefully)! Good luck to all of you who are trying to keep winter illnesses at bay!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dcur8rw2hb8xg.png[/img]
Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
2tinks2pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #707
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Yep, we are! We're leaving THIS SUNDAY and will get there on Monday 1/19, around dinnertime. We're really looking forward to it and expect nothing but smooth sailing on the way.

I was thinking of decorating the car, but I don't want strangers to see us as tourists on the road, although our WDW license plate and PA tags MIGHT give it away

I haven't read the whole thread now, but you have to right click on the design to save it to your computer. Then insert it into a Word document, or any graphics program to print it. If you're using the "clear" transfers, you have to print them as a mirror image. If you're using the white (for dark color) transfer, then DON'T do them as mirror image. I just printed out a bunch last night.
Thank you! I knew the snowbirds could help

Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #708
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Sharadoc - I see that you have the ASMu Family Suite - did you have to call to book that? I've not seen them as an option online. And do you know how many there are? We're considering that for a future trip if we have one or two extras with us (like a grandparent) and really don't know much about how to get one.
TIA
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #709
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hey Sharadoc - I see that you have the ASMu Family Suite - did you have to call to book that? I've not seen them as an option online. And do you know how many there are? We're considering that for a future trip if we have one or two extras with us (like a grandparent) and really don't know much about how to get one.
TIA
I also need to do some research for this...apparently once everyone found out I was going to Disney I became the go to person for future trips and a family at much church needs to either have the suites or are looking to stay at the Fort Wilderness cabins!!!

I'm also helping a friend of my mom's and her boss with tips on how to plan a good trip LOL!!

Not to mention I'll be planning my next trip (before Christmas) HEHEHEHEHE... I'm so excited!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #710
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Amen to that...the stuff I know now because of the Snowbirds and the DIS boards...its priceless!!! I'm going to try to hit up target either tonight or tomorrow...I want to try to find that wallet that Meghan was talking about for my trip!
I too have found out tons of tips on this thread. What would I do without all of you? As for that wallet, it was with all the other wallets, but it had a clearance price tag on it. I believe it came in white and black as well. I snatched up the last pink one at my Target!

I have officially given up on looking for those mini M&M's. I looked at Target, Walmart and two different grocery store chains. Nothing. I'm a little bummed to say the least.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #711
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I have officially given up on looking for those mini M&M's. I looked at Target, Walmart and two different grocery store chains. Nothing. I'm a little bummed to say the least.
What about at a gas station or corner store? That's where I found mine

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #712
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Meg, If I found one I will let you know. We use to use them also at WDW.

Quote:
I too have found out tons of tips on this thread. What would I do without all of you? As for that wallet, it was with all the other wallets, but it had a clearance price tag on it. I believe it came in white and black as well. I snatched up the last pink one at my Target!

Hi everyone,
Working No more disney planning for me. Though an DC at DS party was telling DH about them buying into DVC. SO NOW HE is intrested. Of course, because somone else told him it is a good deal. That is always the way with him. he sent for the DVD.
Hope everyone is getting ready for their trips. Many of you will be leaving soon. Enjoy it, is goes so darn quick.
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #713
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Meghan - I have four tubes and I only plan to use two. If you want, PM me and I can mail them to you.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #714
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Well, my sickie girl has not been sick again since this morning! She is currently watching Episode 6 Return of the Jedi! She has already watched Star Wars AND The Empire Strikes Back! She is in her happy place and I have been able to do lots of packing today!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #715
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Please tell me not to panic ! I just called CRO to see about upgrading to either CBR or WL just for grins and was informed that there was no availability! The only Mod or Deluxe that availability was POFQ. This really worries me about the crowd levels when we're there! Did I mention DH & I hate crowds? I know it is all good since we'll be in Disney, but I really wanted lower crowds in Jan. At least we won't be roasting, right?

Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #716
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Good morning Snowbirds!

ONE WEEK from today we will be arriving at beautiful Shades of Green! Woo hoo! Not sure yet what our plan will be for the afternoon and evening. We were going to head to MK and see Spectromagic, but since we're using 5-day passes now instead of 7-day, we won't be doing that. IF it's warm enough we'll try Blizzard Beach. Of course DS10's definition of "warm enough" for a water park is about 50F...for me, more like 80F!

We are! We're in northern VA, so a tiny bit farther for us. We're leaving Sunday morning and stopping for the night in GA, and plan to be at WDW early Monday afternoon. I like the idea of a LGMH for the van! However, that would require 'fessing up to my DH about the DIS. He knows I've been planning for the trip, but I don't think he realizes how deep into it I've gotten! Of course, I'll have to tell him anyway, when I tell him that the next item on our agenda is to go to a Snowbird meet!
This cracks me up! My DH came home the other night with some "tips" on Disney from a coworker who had just returned. I told my hubby that his coworker was only legit if he knew what a LGMH was. This meant I had to explain the LGMH to DH who then looked at me with raised eyebrows, pats me on the head, and tells me "it's o.k. to be you." I think I scared him ! Good luck with your "true confessions".

Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #717
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
Please tell me not to panic ! I just called CRO to see about upgrading to either CBR or WL just for grins and was informed that there was no availability! The only Mod or Deluxe that availability was POFQ. This really worries me about the crowd levels when we're there! Did I mention DH & I hate crowds? I know it is all good since we'll be in Disney, but I really wanted lower crowds in Jan. At least we won't be roasting, right?
There could be a bunch of reasons for lack of availability, including the type of package you have. I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in January. The one thing we've learned from our last two January trips is that a busy January beats a busy July (In terms of both crowds and heat). So stay calm, don't panic, and like you said "It’s all good since we'll be in Disney."

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Kazooie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #718
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie01 View Post
There could be a bunch of reasons for lack of availability, including the type of package you have. I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in January. The one thing we've learned from our last two January trips is that a busy January beats a busy July (In terms of both crowds and heat). So stay calm, don't panic, and like you said "It’s all good since we'll be in Disney."
Thank you, I can breath now! FYI...our package is MYW base tickets with basic dining for 7 nights.

Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
Old 01-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #719
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

I just booked my enchanted phone calls I booked one for my kids and one for my Mom & Dad I am getting them to call the morning we leave and we are going to video tape my son when he answers the phone so it should be fun! I am soooooo excited!!!

Only 8 more days!!!

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #720
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
It will be fine! Maybe it's just the amount of people in your party, the package deals, etc. It absolutely can't be that crowded! The only days it will be busier will be MLK weekend. Just because people have time off. We were there last year for that Friday and it was busy, but we were able to ride what we wanted. Longer waits on Peter Pan, but that was it. You will be fine- it will be DISNEY!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: