Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #676
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Half of us are driving! DH and DD5 and SIL are driving down, stopping in NC to pick up MIL and meeting Me and DD7 at the resort. We will have some magnets on our van (at least when we are closer to FL).
I printed out designs. And yes, it is that simple. You go to the design you want, whether it's generic or custom made for you, and right click on it. Save as to your computer and voila! I am not skilled at editing, so we used generic or asked one of the DISigners to put our name on one and then all I had to do was save and print. Just make sure whether it needs to be reversed image or not, we wasted a few sheets on that!

Oh man, that's horrible! I'm home today with a sick kid too. DD5 had a fever late yesterday and this a.m. she was up at 3 for more Motrin. It's fairly low, and hopefully that's all it is (No vomiting - knock wood!) but she's parked on the couch. I think she's fighting a cold too - better now than in two weeks!!! I'm feeling a bit off today too, but I think it's more worry than anything else. I always feel a little sick when my kids are sick. That and being tired! I'll take the other couch!
Has anyone ever noticed their kids getting a fever when their permanent teeth are coming in? DD5 has three loose teeth, and when she was teething as a baby she used to get a mild fever a lot. DD7 never did. I was just wondering...
Yes, my oldest son does. He has a loose tooth now, toward the back and he's been feeling bad off & on. I think it messes with your sinuses.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #677
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I sure hope all the little Snowbirdies are feeling better in time for their trips!

I have been making the kids wash their hands so much they are getting sick of me! As soon as they get off the school bus they say - yeah yeah we know - go wash our hands!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #678
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Now my dd has gotten the sinus junk!! Well, hopefully it'll be out of there systems by then-we have all had our turn for winter!! Except dh, he hardly ever gets anything!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #679
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Oh my... so many little sick birdies....hope they are all feeling better soon

Well we made difficult decision in our house this morning.... DD had some problems with her room mate during the first semester at college. Brittany - the roommate - had her boyfriend spend every night in the room.... even after numerous conversations with my DD and the RA she still would have him.... DD has decided to move to a different room.... the problem is that Brittany and her family are neighbors... the girls have been friends for years.... but they went to school and Brittany went wild... drinking and the boy thing... her grades were so bad she lost her scholarship... DD on the other hand did great (3.2 GA) which we thought was wonderful considering the circumstances.... so now we have to go and move her on Wednesday to the new room.... then she is going to tell Brittany.... such a sad situation....

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #680
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post

Well we made difficult decision in our house this morning.... DD had some problems with her room mate during the first semester at college. Brittany - the roommate - had her boyfriend spend every night in the room.... even after numerous conversations with my DD and the RA she still would have him.... DD has decided to move to a different room.... the problem is that Brittany and her family are neighbors... the girls have been friends for years.... but they went to school and Brittany went wild... drinking and the boy thing... her grades were so bad she lost her scholarship... DD on the other hand did great (3.2 GA) which we thought was wonderful considering the circumstances.... so now we have to go and move her on Wednesday to the new room.... then she is going to tell Brittany.... such a sad situation....
That's a bad situation for your DD to be in. I'm sure it is going to be hard for her, but she has to do what is best for herself. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #681
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hope Paige feels better soon Sheree! Hope you stay healthy too!

My DD7 got a very mild (hardly anything) fever when she was getting a couple of her adult teeth last fall! She suffered terribly with her baby teeth poor thing, fevers, nasty diapers and now all she gets is a wee fever and a wee headache!
Thanks! I thought there may be some connection. I was going to ask my friend who's a nurse too. We just watched Mickey in the Three Musketeers movie. I cut out my LGMH so I can make my tags. At least I'm getting something accomplished. Then I'm going to go disinfect more of my house! Paige is feeling okay. Fever seems to have tapered, hopefully I won't have to give her any more motrin so she can go to school tomorrow. Her nose is pretty stuffy, but that's not unusual for her!

I already warned my kids, there will be lots of handwashing and going to bed early for the next two weeks! We'll do what we can...and hope for the best!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #682
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Wendy - as I sat here Saturday night around 9:00 watching it snow like crazy I thought to myself - in 2 weeks from right now I will be on the warm Jamaica beach meeting Wendy and some of the other CBR Snowbirds!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #683
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post

That's too bad. I had trouble with my first roommate in college, or should I say she had trouble with me. We never knew each other first, and we were not at all alike. Nothing too terrible, but in the end she and another studnet "arranged" it so we switched around and I got a great roommate - I still call her "roomie" 20 years later! (Yikes!). Hopefully it will work out well for your DD. ixiedust:
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #684
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Shelly - quick question for you. I did actually check on the CBR thread, but couldn't find the answer too quickly...I knew where to go, oh wise snowbird...
In CBR - what do you get for toiletries? Are there bottles or dispensers for the shower?
TIA,
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #685
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Shelly - quick question for you. I did actually check on the CBR thread, but couldn't find the answer too quickly...I knew where to go, oh wise snowbird...
In CBR - what do you get for toiletries? Are there bottles or dispensers for the shower?
TIA,
We have gotten the same toiletries at all the WDW resorts we have stayed at - bars of soap and bottles of lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. I think that's it. Hope that helps!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #686
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Yup, it does. I remember back in the day, some of the values had a shower dispenser for shampoo and body wash. On our Carnival cruise last year they did the same thing. I was debating what/how much shampoo to bring. I think I will go minimal. I can handle using what they have for a week!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #687
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hey Everyone!

Well, my poor sick girlie is actually doing fairly well! She has managed to eat and keep down a piece of toast and half a glass of diluted apple juice! She is resting on the couch and watching Star Wars - quite happy, actually!

I am busy trying to tweak our ADRs a bit! Sorry Shelly, you don't have to update this if you don't feel like it! I have cancelled our Jan 27th ADR @ 1900 Park Fare - just read too many bad reviews and none of us was really excited about it anyway! I think 1 princess meal is enough for one trip!

Hope all are having a good day dreaming of Disney!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #688
Tropigal
Mouseketeer

I know that the Disney CL had the dispensers in the showers. I am almost positive it was DCL...it's been since 99 though since we were on there and we've done one on Celebrity since.

Thanks for all the tips everyone!

We leave in 4 days!!!!

I'm only scaring myself now with flying but I've come to realize that soooooo many people fly everyday in tons of conditions and the pilots know what they are doing so sit back and enjoy as much as possible! Cause the final destination is DISNEY BABY!! I was just afraid since the weather here will be single digit when we leave.

Hope all are getting healthy, we finally are but I'm knocking on wood as I type!

DVC Owner!!

Tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #689
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup, it does. I remember back in the day, some of the values had a shower dispenser for shampoo and body wash. On our Carnival cruise last year they did the same thing. I was debating what/how much shampoo to bring. I think I will go minimal. I can handle using what they have for a week!
That must have been before we ever went to WDW. I think the toiletries have been the same and in the same packaging everytime for us. And definitely no dispensers in the showers. On this last trip in 2008 I did notice that they did away with the Disney themed styrofoam cups that used to be in the bathrooms and replaced them with glass cups. I didn't care for that, they didn't appear to ever get cleaned. So I packed some plastic disposable cups for this trip!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #690
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
That must have been before we ever went to WDW. I think the toiletries have been the same and in the same packaging everytime for us. And definitely no dispensers in the showers. On this last trip in 2008 I did notice that they did away with the Disney themed styrofoam cups that used to be in the bathrooms and replaced them with glass cups. I didn't care for that, they didn't appear to ever get cleaned. So I packed some plastic disposable cups for this trip!
Yeah - it was around 2000. I have plans to get a couple of the refillable mugs and I am bringing a dishwashing "wand" that you fill with soap, so I can wash whatever dishes/cups we want to use/reuse.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: