Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #3571
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post

(I wish I could blame any typos that I missed on pain meds, but, alas, all I've taken is Tylenol!)
I never notice any of my typos until I change the color and submit it--then they just jump out at me!! Sometimes I go back & fix it, sometimes I just leave it and don't worry about it! Most of the time, I am answering one of the kids when I am on here, so I am just surprised part of our conversation isnt what I submit here!!!!! I have done that a couple of times and caught it!! ha!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #3572
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey guys - it's been hot here too! We've had a nice early summer, but last week it's been in the 90s. Unusual.
I'm off with my girls for a Girls only camping trip in about 1/2 hour. Sadly, we're supposed to have rain tonight and tomorrow. Let's hope it passes us. We're going only about 1/2 hour from home with 2 of my girlfriends and one three year old girl. It's the girls' first real camping experience - tents and all! My DH gets a whole weekend by himself at home (well he works tomorrow). The poor guy is never home alone! So he and the dog will have some quality time.

Sarbah77 -glad to hear your surger was minor! It's nice having you back around.

Shawna - normally I'd say come to MN to cool off, but this summer seems a bit warm/humid. I've heard that next week will be more like normal, which is 80 or so. Our electric bill is going to be high this month - we've had the a/c running for two weeks straight. First time we turned it on all year.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll check back on Sunday.
Maybe Meghan will be back and report in. I hope she's having fun!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #3573
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Girl, I have been runnin that AC since March! And we'll use it till Nov..on days when a cold front has came through we might turn it on some mornings during that time, but it's mainly the AC till at least Nov/Dec. CRAZY!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #3574
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Sheree for the welcome back!! :D Hope you have a great weekend!! (and Shawna, too!)

So for a surgery day, it's been downright excellent. Surgery and I aren't always good friends (well, anesthesia). Today, however, an anesthesologist took time to listen to me and talk to me about anesthesia and options. It made all the difference in the world. I got an anti-nausea pill, general anesthesia administered via IV, and fewer narcotics during surgery. I feel, in comparison, like a STAR.

The overall experience was good. It helped that Jeremy and I were cheerful while waiting, rather than grumpy, so that the staff was more inclined to be cheerful. They let me wake up at my pace, checked me out, and sent me on home in good shape. Pain has been moderate, though when I took Advil (I skipped the narcotics), it faded quite a bit.

So, for expecting the worst, it came out as good as it could be.

AND THEN!! My friend made a decision and had her PTO approved, so we're going to Disney in September! YAY!!!!! We're just debating on splurging v. staying at a moderate.

*happy hobble w/crutches!*

:D

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #3575
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Sarah, glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery!

It's been "warm" here. Upper 80's for the past week, but I however LOVE the warmth. Ok maybe not the "warm" when you start sweating just thinking about going outside, but it's a heck of a lot better than -40 without the windchill.

So my sister and I have done a lot of talking lately about our big trip next summer. I think we have finally decided on something. We are going to do a Hawaiian cruise, which lasts about a week. Then spend a week in Southern California. Not "quite" as exciting as spending some time in Europe, but I'm still super excited about this! We've actually figured out that it will also be cheaper for us to do. So...YAY!

Well everyone I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #3576
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Sarah, glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery!

(snip)

So my sister and I have done a lot of talking lately about our big trip next summer. I think we have finally decided on something. We are going to do a Hawaiian cruise, which lasts about a week. Then spend a week in Southern California. Not "quite" as exciting as spending some time in Europe, but I'm still super excited about this! We've actually figured out that it will also be cheaper for us to do. So...YAY!

Well everyone I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
(yes, I have nothing else to do but haunt the internet today!)

Thanks, lady! :D

I've heard mixed reviews of Hawaiian cruises, so do your research!! That said, my brother and his wife left this morning for a 2 week trip to Hawaii, not cruising. I am jealous. However, I went to Alaska and they didn't. And I'm going to Baltic Seas countries next year and... they're not (but they're invited!). Cruisecritics.com has great information and a board not dissimilar to Disboards with a lot of the same fights (like dressing for dinner - lol!).

I will, however, be completely healthy with healthy knees before I go to Hawaii I think. Knock wood, this will occur within the next year!! I'm kind of thinking if my knees are bad for Disney, I might just end up renting an electric scooter... but man, I am looking forward to my next trip!! :D

Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #3577
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

congrats to both of you for deciding and getting trips in the works!!!! I made my ressies last week, and am anxiously waiting some Disney Mail!! Nothin' like it!!! Just swam for abit with the kiddies and super daddy!!! Ready to chill out and watch some disney movies!!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #3578
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Ugh... our weather makes me feel like I'm going to melt every time I go outside. It's been over 100 with a heat index of higher the last couple of days. It makes breathing difficult...
We did get a storm the other night, and it was blissfully down in the 80s. Still humid, but not bad. Unfortunately, storms aren't the best weather to be outside in, so they're difficult to enjoy. Silly lightening!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #3579
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

And here in the northeast, we've had the cloudiest, rainiest and coolest June since 1903! We're really ready for some !

sarbah, so happy to hear that your knee is doing well - I hope your other health issues have resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #3580
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
It's "Snowbirds" cleverly enough. I think this URL should work?! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...d=106981880360
I'm guesing Meghan is the admin for this? I just signed up to be a member.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #3581
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Yeah, she is, so you might have to wait until she gets back!!

Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #3582
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, the camping trip got cut short by weather. We had a great evening, and around 2 a.m. the thunderstorms rolled in. I saw lightning, so we went to the car until around 6. The littlest one slept through the whole thing!!
So we got up and it stopped raining long enough to start breakfast. Of course then there was a downpour, so we packed most of our stuff in the vehicles and hightailed it to my friend's parents house a couple miles away. the forecast was for rain through the lunch hour and one of our tents got water in it. So we decided to give up. My friend went back to take the tents down later.
So we're home, of course now the weather is nice but windy and I'm putting music on my ipod because I'm too tired to do much else. We decided to have our s'mores and other campfire food on Thursday at our house. I was having my friends over anyway, and we have a fire pit! It's supposed to be good weather! Fingers crossed!
The girls had fun and said they want to do it again, so that's good!!
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 06-27-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #3583
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
She's the admin so you'll have to wait a little longer I hope she's having a grand time and I can't wait to hear how her birthday trip went!

I'm on there if anyone wants to add me. Just tell me your Snowbirdie screen name so I'll recognize you as a friend. I'm Kim Rasel Greene or I think you can search me by my screen name Monny2AE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Well, the camping trip got cut short by weather. We had a great evening, and around 2 a.m. the thunderstorms rolled in. I saw lightning, so we went to the car until around 6. The littlest one slept through the whole thing!!
So we got up and it stopped raining long enough to start breakfast. Of course then there was a downpour, so we packed most of our stuff in the vehicles and hightailed it to my friend's parents house a couple miles away. the forecast was for rain through the lunch hour and one of our tents got water in it. So we decided to give up. My friend went back to take the tents down later.
So we're home, of course now the weather is nice but windy and I'm putting music on my ipod because I'm too tired to do much else. We decided to have our s'mores and other campfire food on Thursday at our house. I was having my friends over anyway, and we have a fire pit! It's supposed to be good weather! Fingers crossed!
The girls had fun and said they want to do it again, so that's good!!
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend!
So sorry you didn't get to have your s'mores They're so yummy!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #3584
EPCOT is a verb
Former Long-time lurkers
I remember reading something on the DIS about...

Hi, all, just checking in. I can't believe our August trip is coming up so quickly. Life is so busy, time just goes by. We have our basic planning done, ADR's made, transportation arranged...but I really don't have time to work on any fine details.

An August trip means Hot Hot Hot, so planning is very different than our January trip planning. I figure we have to be there at rope drop each day, take advantage of morning EMH's, take an afternoon break from the sun and then spend evenings in the park again. I think I need to shop for some more cool clothing...
EPCOT is a verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #3585
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
So sorry you didn't get to have your s'mores They're so yummy!
Oh and I'm craving them now too!! Good thing we have fire pit in the back yard - whenever we have a bonfire, that's all the kids want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Hi, all, just checking in. I can't believe our August trip is coming up so quickly. Life is so busy, time just goes by. We have our basic planning done, ADR's made, transportation arranged...but I really don't have time to work on any fine details.

An August trip means Hot Hot Hot, so planning is very different than our January trip planning. I figure we have to be there at rope drop each day, take advantage of morning EMH's, take an afternoon break from the sun and then spend evenings in the park again. I think I need to shop for some more cool clothing...
Oh, I wish I had something done for our trip! We just put the final payment on our Disney Visa for our cruise. Trying to spread out the cost of this trip! We're going to get our park tickets at the military base in August when we visit MIL (She's got the benefits). But I'm glad I'm not going when it's that hot!! Try to find some of those workout type clothes that wick moisture - that might help. And light colors!
I'd try to plan to do indoor shows during the hotter parts of the day - get in the A/C! I hope you have fun and don't melt!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: