Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #3541
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I hope so too. I talked to both my sister and Dad today, and my sister said that she would arrange it with her in-laws if we want to stay there. Talking to her made me feel a lot better, because at least I'll get to spend time with her and her little family while we're on the trip.

I discussed the options with my Dad and he says he doesn't want to stay at the house if it's more than 30 minutes away from the World. (he's the one who usually ends up driving, so I totally understand...I do intend on explaining to him that the buses from Hotel Plaza Blvd. might not be the most convenient, just in case it's the time, not driving, that is what would bother him...we'll only have a rental car if we stay in the house)

Now I'm waiting for my sister to call me back with the address of the house. They got it last night, but she couldn't find it today.

As for the Yoda undies, maybe they would sense them with the Force?

Aww I hope she and the baby get through this!

Logan won't let me talk about Disney this evening, so I'm struggling a bit!
I wonder if I talk about it too much?!
He talks Disney with you? Without being bribed? Talking Disney is like breathing, you can never do too much.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #3542
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Anyway I bought him some new Star Wars undies and I have to say there's nothing cuter than a tushy with yoda on it! He's was so excited after his bath he ran around the house in them dancing. I can't wait to surprise him with this trip. And this time I'm getting that boy in the show if it kills me! Maybe he can wear his lucky drawers and get picked.
How cute!!! Sounds like when my boys were smaller. Nothin' like little boys in their cutesy 'big boys'!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
That's too cute!! I am the same way with my boys.
OK ladies I have a friend who can use as many prayers and good thoughts as she can get. It's actually my sister's best friend and I've actually always thought as her more like my little sister's twin. She is pregnant with her first child. She was at 34 weeks last week and her doctor put her on bed rest. This week she found out the baby is breach and she may have pre-eclampsia. They may have to deliver the baby by c-section early next week.
We will be praying for her & the baby----keep us posted!!!
Quote:
He talks Disney with you? Without being bribed? Talking Disney is like breathing, you can never do too much.
I agree with you!!! I think my husband is feeling like Logan----sometimes when I bring it up he either blocks me out ,or just ignores me-sometimes he even .....rolls his eyes!!!!!!! Can you believe that? Is he crazy?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #3543
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
How cute!!! Sounds like when my boys were smaller. Nothin' like little boys in their cutesy 'big boys'!!!!

We will be praying for her & the baby----keep us posted!!!

I agree with you!!! I think my husband is feeling like Logan----sometimes when I bring it up he either blocks me out ,or just ignores me-sometimes he even .....rolls his eyes!!!!!!! Can you believe that? Is he crazy?
I swear as many times as my DH rolls his eyes at me when I talk Disney, I'm suprised they are not stuck that way. He usualy includes, "What are you smoking, Kim" or "you must be smoking some good stuff to think we're doing that".

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #3544
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

My DH is almost worse than ME! He keeps saying, "I was thinking about Disney and I had an idea..." It usually turns out to be okay, after we hash it all out, sometimes even a good idea, but ALWAYS costs more money!

Meghan - I hope you have WONDERFUL, MAGICAL birthday trip!! One more day!!! You must be giddy with excitement! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Okay, here's a couple pictures of my at the wedding

Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #3545
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

sorry about the large pictures. It's been so long I forgot how to resize them!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #3546
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

They are so beautiful Sheree!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who suffers from being married to a non-Disney fanatic. I tried to talk Disney to my DH last night. When the topic comes up he just says Disney was "okay" but that it's not a very relaxing vacation and you almost need a vacation to recover from it. I wish he would be more on board with it. It would make it sooo much more fun for me. Last time I shared my planning excitement with my kids but this time we are surprising them with it at Christmas so I have to keep my big mouth shut- which is hard to do.

I told him if he didn't get more excited about going to Disney he was going to find himself wearing the "cone of shame" like Dug from UP.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #3547
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

oops double post
darn me and my impatience!

Last edited by Monny2AE; 06-23-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: double post
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #3548
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are so beautiful Sheree!
Thank you so much! I think so too!
I told him if he didn't get more excited about going to Disney he was going to find himself wearing the "cone of shame" like Dug from UP.
Love it!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #3549
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Sheree-Paige and Sarah look so beautiful! It looked like a really lovely day too. Thanks for sharing your pictures! I am a bit giddy with excitement right now. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #3550
letthewookiewin

Mndisneygirl, your girls are too pretty. I hope you DH is already getting his "intimidation speech" ready for all those boys that are going to be coming around to date them. My dad just found it easier to be cleaning his guns and knives when we brought any boys over.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #3551
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mndisneygirl, your girls are too pretty. I hope you DH is already getting his "intimidation speech" ready for all those boys that are going to be coming around to date them. My dad just found it easier to be cleaning his guns and knives when we brought any boys over.
Thank you so much! My husband has already done just that!! He's always talking about it with our neighbor (the cop) who also has two daughters. They told them - no boyfriends until they're 30! He's very protective of them already!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #3552
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sheree~ How pretty!! I knew they would be!! (I met them last Jan and they are beautiful!!) I am so glad you posted!! I love the one of them in the door of the church! HA!!! Sassy gals!!!!!!Those dresses were perfect.

Meghan!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!!!! How many hours do you have left? I know you know Keep checkin' in with us!! And take a TON of photos.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #3553
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who suffers from being married to a non-Disney fanatic. I tried to talk Disney to my DH last night. When the topic comes up he just says Disney was "okay" but that it's not a very relaxing vacation and you almost need a vacation to recover from it. I wish he would be more on board with it. It would make it sooo much more fun for me. Last time I shared my planning excitement with my kids but this time we are surprising them with it at Christmas so I have to keep my big mouth shut- which is hard to do.
Well.... Logan hardly ever actually listens when I talk about it. He just lets me talk. Last night the topic was completely off limits.
I usually need to bounce ideas off him though...just so I can talk everything through.
I think I'm lucky. Since he has never been to Disney (or on a vacation for that matter) without me, he doesn't know the difference. Which means I can be in complete control of our choices and he'll go along with it...most of the time.
I'm just ready to be on the trip, so I can stop talking about it, and just DO!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #3554
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Meghan!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!!!! How many hours do you have left? I know you know Keep checkin' in with us!! And take a TON of photos.
Hmmm...let's see...we leave in about 11 hours or so. I actually wasn't keeping track!! Tony will be bringing his laptop, but we're not paying $9.95 for a 24 hour period of wireless internet. That's just ridiculous. So, I won't be able to check-in with all of you, but I'll be writing a TR!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #3555
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hmmm...let's see...we leave in about 11 hours or so. I actually wasn't keeping track!! Tony will be bringing his laptop, but we're not paying $9.95 for a 24 hour period of wireless internet. That's just ridiculous. So, I won't be able to check-in with all of you, but I'll be writing a TR!
Super!!! Can't wait to read it!! Have fun!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: