Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #3526
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post

Last night DD and I played 'would you rather' - used it to try to help me plan our vacation... let's just say my dd is a deluxe resort snob!

She loves hotels and pools- that to her is the trip. To me it's a bed to sleep on!

I love playing WYR with the kids!! sometimes we play it in bed to help them get to sleep!!!! Your dd sounds like my hubby and you sound like me!! I really wanted the ASF suite for the 2 bathrooms and more room!!!! Mike thinks I am nuts. Has he JUST now figured that out GEESH. I am definitely happy whereever we stay----I just wanna be there!!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #3527
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sheree~ Glad it went well for ya'll!!! Your daughters are sooo pretty---can't wait to see some 'dress-up' pictures from the wedding I know they had a blast!!! Yes...we are neighbors.... I had contemplated the BLT---JUST for the washer & dryer!!!!! I thought it would be nice to not have to drag it to the laundry room, but.... that's ok!!! We will have to get together one night!! What night are you doing the MVMCP? Or are you doing that? I want to wait to order those tickets to make sure we don't have to move our dates around in case of a discount or something. that i am reallllly wanting to get!!! Once I know for sure, I will do a ticker---I think I am gonna work on one tomorrow anyway, and if I have to change it again, I will.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #3528
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Ours has been interesting to say the least. Last night DH had his graduation. It was on the complete other side of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Since I had no clue where we were going, I looked up directions on my iPhone and was watching the little blue dot to "navigate" for my DH. Well he didn't take an exit I told him to, so we had to get on the other hwy a different way. We didn't see any signs getting on to this new Hwy saying it was a toll road, so we had no clue. That is until we went through the first toll booth. My DH was on the side of the Hwy where you had to have a toll tag, so no real booth. We only had a coupld of $10 bills on us and debit cards. After going through several we finally found one that said they "made change". I'm sure we'll get a bill in the mail, for the ones we went through.

Then we were almost to the venue, and my mom called. She called to make sure I had cash on me, which she knew we normally didn't, b/c the parking was $8. Fine, I can understand paying for parking, but it would have been nice if the school would have told us that. Then we go to enter the building. One entrance for graduates another for family. My DH had gotten extra tickets for my sister, her DH, and my brother to go b/c the school only gave them 10 tickets. Well my sister and brother both had to work late, so we thought we had 3 extra tickets. We had 10 people coming for sure. As I went to walk in with our DS's and my parents, I hear David yelling for me. When I got to him, he said he had to have a ticket to get in. I'm thinking "yeah b/c someone off the street is just walking around carrying a cap, gown, and Master's degree hood". The fact that each graduate had to have a ticket themselves to get in was another thing the school didn't tell us. If he hadn't gotten the 3 extra, we would have been one short. When we went into the building we had to go through security. Which I thought was ridiculous. At my sister's graduation with 2 former president and less than a year after Katrins in NOLA, we didn't go through any. We had to go through a metal detector (I felt like I was at the airport) and they went through our bags.

Then after the graduation my parents left as soon as they saw my DH b/c they had at least a 2 hour drive home. Well when my DH and I walked out of the building (30 minutes later) my parents we still in the parking lot, waiting to get out not far from their parking spot. I changed in my Explorer into a pair of shorts and got out of my spanks (invented by the devil). We were able to get out, but let my parents get out in front of us. Then as my Dad went to drive out a police car pulls him out of the line. Next thing I know, my Mom's Envoy is surrounded by 3 police cars. My DH went back to see what was going on. We didn't have our DS's with us b/c they left with his parents to spend the night with them. What ended up happening, is that my dad was in line to get out. These two girls stood in front of him to block traffic so that as soon as the people in front of my parent's car moved their cars, the person they were with could back out of the parking space he was in and they could leave. Which my Dad didn't know that's what they were doing, all he knew is that they were standing in the road. When they still wouldn't move after a while, he inched forward, and the girl claimed he "bumbed her". She had someone get the police and they pulled my dad over b/c she was pressing charges. Well the police had been given a complaint about a drunk woman standing in front of a car refusing to move and blocking traffic. When she heard that, she suddenly didn't want to press charges and just wanted all parties involved to get back to celebrating. My DH heard her say something about only being 20. We are thinking that she didn't press charges b/c she was drinking in public underage. I say that b/c my brother in law was block in where he was parked and couldn't get out for a long time. My DH's entire family saw the whole thing happen. My mother in law told me that the girls and the boy driving the car were drinking from a cup. The more the girls drank the more they yelled cussing at my dad. My sister in law used one of the girls as an example to my DS's and her son of a girl she better never see them dating. Most of it was b/c of her behavior and yelling and cussing, the rest of it was b/c the bottom of her dress was even with the bottom of well her bottom. So all in all it was an interesting night.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #3529
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Holy moly rocky! What an adventure! I can understand now why people don't bother walking for their graduations! What a PITA! And that girl!! SHEESH! Some people...
I hope your next week goes more smoothly for you.

Oh and congrats to DH on graduation!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #3530
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sheree~ Glad it went well for ya'll!!! Your daughters are sooo pretty---can't wait to see some 'dress-up' pictures from the wedding I know they had a blast!!! Yes...we are neighbors.... I had contemplated the BLT---JUST for the washer & dryer!!!!! I thought it would be nice to not have to drag it to the laundry room, but.... that's ok!!! We will have to get together one night!! What night are you doing the MVMCP? Or are you doing that? I want to wait to order those tickets to make sure we don't have to move our dates around in case of a discount or something. that i am reallllly wanting to get!!! Once I know for sure, I will do a ticker---I think I am gonna work on one tomorrow anyway, and if I have to change it again, I will.
Thanks! It was really a good memory-making day! I'll post some pictures soon.
We got tickets to MVMCP for 12/6 (our arrival day). We actually might be there on 12/5 and hope to get a deal to stay at AKL one night. We figure we wouldn't go to the parks that day and gather the gang and go for the evening fun.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #3531
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Letthewookiein~ good night!! What a mess!!! Gotta agree with ya about those darn Spanx!!! I use them when I don't want a line in my skirts/pants, but MAN!!! No wonder you don't eat as much----you can't breathe!!!!!
Glad his graduation is over and all ended well for your dad. I am convinced more and more everyday that there are more crazy than normal people out and about!!!! Just going to our local Wal-Mart is becoming a strain. Mostly because people have no idea they aren't the only people in the store, and they let the kids go bananas. One kid was riding a ripstick up and down the aisles.....I thought how did he get in here on that thing. Well, his mom was in the store and he was 'trying it out' I guess. I mean, he was really wooshing past some older people---I was about to get aggrivated and his mom saw us all staring at him and told him to get off. So, of course he leaves it right in the middle of the aisle on the floor.
Sheree~ When we come in that Sat, I want to surprise Mike and the kids and do the hot air balloon at DTD. Have you seen that yet? It's awesome!!! It goes around 400 feet---I think it's $16 per adult and maybe $12 per kid. I am not telling them until we go, in case it's gone or they aren't doing it when we go. I think it's dependant on the weather. I am getting soooo excited!!!! I hope they hurry up and realease some codes!!!!
Do any of you avoid the MK when it's emh in the morning? I read somewhere that usually those days are busiest....if so I do NOT want to do RD those days. I need them to get those park hours out!! I gotta plan!! Ha!!!!! (We need a planning smilie!!)

Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #3532
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Hello everone! How are you? Did your spouses have a good father's day?

I had my dad help me do some "fix-it" stuff in my room. Stuff that I could have easily done in about 20 minutes, but figured I could attempt to be a "good daughter" and let him help me. Well an hour and a half later, we got on project completed . I decided that was all I could handle so we went out for dinner to Uno Chicago Grill.

Also this week I found out that I'm getting a promotion. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. It's not a position that I want, but it means more money, guarenteed hours, benefits, paid holidays, and vacation/sick time. So for now I'll take it.

I hope everyone has a great first week of summer!!!!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #3533
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

We all had a wonderful Father's Day. We went to church in the morning and to my parents house in the afternoon. My mom made delicious bbq chicken on the grill along with grilled corn on the cob! Delish! She made baked beans too, but I don't like them. Then for dessert, we had apple pie and chocolate pie. It was such a beautiful day here so we hung out outside. Madison had fun playing with their puppy and getting him all tired out. It was nice to just sit and relax for the day. Now, it's time to clean, do laundry, pick up last minute items and PACK (tomorrow)!!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #3534
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Holy moly rocky! What an adventure! I can understand now why people don't bother walking for their graduations! What a PITA! And that girl!! SHEESH! Some people...
I hope your next week goes more smoothly for you.

Oh and congrats to DH on graduation!
Before this, DH was on the fence about walking when he gets his MBA. After this, he has decided not to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks! It was really a good memory-making day! I'll post some pictures soon.
We got tickets to MVMCP for 12/6 (our arrival day). We actually might be there on 12/5 and hope to get a deal to stay at AKL one night. We figure we wouldn't go to the parks that day and gather the gang and go for the evening fun.
Have fun at MVMCP!! I have always wanted to go at Christmas time, but have never convinced the DH to go. Also, I just noticed your siggy and your married to a David too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
We all had a wonderful Father's Day. We went to church in the morning and to my parents house in the afternoon. My mom made delicious bbq chicken on the grill along with grilled corn on the cob! Delish! She made baked beans too, but I don't like them. Then for dessert, we had apple pie and chocolate pie. It was such a beautiful day here so we hung out outside. Madison had fun playing with their puppy and getting him all tired out. It was nice to just sit and relax for the day. Now, it's time to clean, do laundry, pick up last minute items and PACK (tomorrow)!!!!
Have a great trip!!

We spent both Saturday and Sunday celebrating Father's Day. Saturday was spent with DH's family. When my brother in law left the in laws house, they took our boys with them. They were going to go swimming with my nephew at the pool at their apartment. Saturday night DH and I went with his parents to see the new Terminator movie. DH and I had already seen it, but I didn't mind see'ing it again. Then Sunday I woke up at 7:30 AM and started watching stuff on Netflix on DH's computer while I played games on my computer in DH's office. I was going to let my DH sleep until we had to go pick up the boys on the way to my sister's house. Sometime that morning I heard our next door neighbor mowing his lawn. Several hours later, my DH woke up and a few minutes later someone knocked on our door. It was hard to hear him through the door with the dog barking. I was able to the dog into another room and DH went out. Since I was in my PJ's, I got dressed and went outside. DH was talking to an employee of our water company. The man said that the neighbor had called in a water leak at our house. What the guy thinks happened is that the guy was mowing his lawn, stepped back into the water box that held the pipe going into our house (it didn't have a lid on it, and we don't know where it went). Instead of coming and letting us know, he called the water department. The guy said several hours had passed since the man called and him arriving at our house. So lucky for us we are going to get to pay a water bill that will have several hours of one gallon a minute pumping into the street. After this weekend, I need a WDW vacation.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 06-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #3535
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

So all in all it was an interesting night.
Goodness... what an ordeal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
at was all I could handle so we went out for dinner to Uno Chicago Grill.

Also this week I found out that I'm getting a promotion. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. It's not a position that I want, but it means more money, guarenteed hours, benefits, paid holidays, and vacation/sick time. So for now I'll take it.

I hope everyone has a great first week of summer!!!!
Congrats! I hope it turns out that you love the new position!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #3536
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Soo... I finally talked to my Mom again about our trip (she was gone all of last week as a leader for our church's girl's camp)
She won't call my sister's in-laws about staying in their house!

She says she's too busy, but she might have time when she gets back from California, which will be less than a week before we leave. I've always known that my Mom has problems with planning anything in advance, but this is ridiculous!

I would just call and talk to them, but I don't even really want to stay there.

I think I'm just going to call my Dad and talk to him about it. If he doesn't want to call, then I guess we'll just plan on staying at the Doubletree. He never canceled the ressie, because my Mom never told him about the conversation she had with my BIL's parents. Unfortunately, what will probably happen is my Mom will call days before we leave and settle staying there, and won't even consider staying at the Doubletree anymore.
I wish I could count on my sister's in-laws to just refuse us staying there, but I don't think they will...

I used to be ok with this method of planning, but now that I've experienced a well-planned vacation I'm having a hard time reverting back to the other way of doing it. At least I have our 3 meals planned...
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #3537
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Soo... I finally talked to my Mom again about our trip (she was gone all of last week as a leader for our church's girl's camp)
She won't call my sister's in-laws about staying in their house!

She says she's too busy, but she might have time when she gets back from California, which will be less than a week before we leave. I've always known that my Mom has problems with planning anything in advance, but this is ridiculous!

I would just call and talk to them, but I don't even really want to stay there.

I think I'm just going to call my Dad and talk to him about it. If he doesn't want to call, then I guess we'll just plan on staying at the Doubletree. He never canceled the ressie, because my Mom never told him about the conversation she had with my BIL's parents. Unfortunately, what will probably happen is my Mom will call days before we leave and settle staying there, and won't even consider staying at the Doubletree anymore.
I wish I could count on my sister's in-laws to just refuse us staying there, but I don't think they will...

I used to be ok with this method of planning, but now that I've experienced a well-planned vacation I'm having a hard time reverting back to the other way of doing it. At least I have our 3 meals planned...
Becca I hope this trip still ends up being what you want. Try to enjoy it even if it's not going the way you thought it would.

Meghan- I can't believe your trip is so close! I can't wait to see pics!

Letthewookiewin- whew you had a wild weekend! Good thing you have a Disney trip in your future!

Only you Snowbirds would understand...
DS is really getting into Star Wars ever since we saw the little show in Disney. All he talks about is going back and getting picked for the show- we tried 3X and he wasn't picked. Anyway I bought him some new Star Wars undies and I have to say there's nothing cuter than a tushy with yoda on it! He's was so excited after his bath he ran around the house in them dancing. I can't wait to surprise him with this trip. And this time I'm getting that boy in the show if it kills me! Maybe he can wear his lucky drawers and get picked.

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #3538
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post

DS is really getting into Star Wars ever since we saw the little show in Disney. All he talks about is going back and getting picked for the show- we tried 3X and he wasn't picked. Anyway I bought him some new Star Wars undies and I have to say there's nothing cuter than a tushy with yoda on it! He's was so excited after his bath he ran around the house in them dancing. I can't wait to surprise him with this trip. And this time I'm getting that boy in the show if it kills me! Maybe he can wear his lucky drawers and get picked.
I am super duper excited right now! I just printed out my packing list for tomorrow! These past 2 months really flew by!

Love your undies story! That is so cute.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #3539
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Becca I hope this trip still ends up being what you want. Try to enjoy it even if it's not going the way you thought it would.

Letthewookiewin- whew you had a wild weekend! Good thing you have a Disney trip in your future!

That's too cute!! I am the same way with my boys.
OK ladies I have a friend who can use as many prayers and good thoughts as she can get. It's actually my sister's best friend and I've actually always thought as her more like my little sister's twin. She is pregnant with her first child. She was at 34 weeks last week and her doctor put her on bed rest. This week she found out the baby is breach and she may have pre-eclampsia. They may have to deliver the baby by c-section early next week.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #3540
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe he can wear his lucky drawers and get picked.
I hope so too. I talked to both my sister and Dad today, and my sister said that she would arrange it with her in-laws if we want to stay there. Talking to her made me feel a lot better, because at least I'll get to spend time with her and her little family while we're on the trip.

I discussed the options with my Dad and he says he doesn't want to stay at the house if it's more than 30 minutes away from the World. (he's the one who usually ends up driving, so I totally understand...I do intend on explaining to him that the buses from Hotel Plaza Blvd. might not be the most convenient, just in case it's the time, not driving, that is what would bother him...we'll only have a rental car if we stay in the house)

Now I'm waiting for my sister to call me back with the address of the house. They got it last night, but she couldn't find it today.

As for the Yoda undies, maybe they would sense them with the Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
That's too cute!! I am the same way with my boys.
OK ladies I have a friend who can use as many prayers and good thoughts as she can get. It's actually my sister's best friend and I've actually always thought as her more like my little sister's twin. She is pregnant with her first child. She was at 34 weeks last week and her doctor put her on bed rest. This week she found out the baby is breach and she may have pre-eclampsia. They may have to deliver the baby by c-section early next week.
Aww I hope she and the baby get through this!

Logan won't let me talk about Disney this evening, so I'm struggling a bit!
I wonder if I talk about it too much?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: